Stock benefits - obc

HS2BS

I have submitted twice for the Shareholder Benefit.  The first time was all Royal Caribbean cruises. The second time had 1 Celebrity cruise and more Royal Caribbean cruises.

The first time, in January 2022, I did not receive any email confirmation.  I did process quickly and on Cruise Planner, my OBC increased.

The second time, it also processed quickly.  I received a confirmation email for each cruise.  And the OBC on Cruise Planner went up right away.

Both time, I sent a PDF of my statement from my on-line account.  I did not bother to black out any of the sensitive information.  And I sent it to the email address.

8 hours ago, JLMcruise said:

Check your OBC amount - it should have gone up by 100.00

8 hours ago, DCPIV said:

My confirmation emails have come with a revised "guest copy" invoice.  The OBC is reflected as OBC normaly would be, but it also has a cover letter specifically calling out the shareholder OBC.  If nothing else, you can look at your cruise planner, and you should see that your credit balance has increased by $100.

I did get the "guest copy" with the email but I am unable to see anything on my account - the reservation is there but no details, none of the other OBC I am to get with the booking. My TA is checking with Celebrity.

Edited by Boytjie

1 hour ago, dlh015 said:

How much OBC does one get for 100 shares?  (My friend has 1000! But he's not cruising right now...)

According to the RCL Investor website, shareholders with at least 100 shares receive:

- $250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights

- $100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 13 nights

- $50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less

- Applicable on any eligible Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises voyage.

- Excludes any charter or Galapagos sailings

- Royal Caribbean Group will no longer honor Shareholder Onboard Credit requests for Azamara received on or after March 19, 2021 as this brand is no longer part of the group.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2022 at 2:17 PM, TSC said:

they still offer stock credit. There is an online form. Whether or not you can stack seems to depend on your luck. If you got OBC from your travel agent, you should still be able to get your stock credit, but if you got some kind of discount from RCCL (like a gambling credited cruise) then they have been saying no. 

I got the Blue Chip free cruise last month for an Aqua Suite upgrade ($418 for 2 people), and I was able to get my Stock credit. It has already been added to my reservation.  So, anyone saying it doesn't work, you should still try it.  Mine did!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

How long is it taking to get the OBC these days? Earlier this year, it was credited within two days, but it's been almost two weeks this time around and still nothing.

Acknowledged the next business day.  Submitted with a letter from my broker confirming ownership and a copy of my bookings.  One was for August and the other not until April of 2023.

When I simply sent my CClub number and a copy of last broker statement never 

acknowledged.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

Love/hate relationship with this.  Love getting extra OBC. Hate having to submit multiple times. I’m on my 4th try over 2 months (email and web form). Murphy’s law happened on the third try. They let me know they couldn’t apply because the booking  number was incorrect. No word on all the other requests. Wish me luck on the 4th request (with a correct booking number).  

35 minutes ago, FLcruiser2011 said:

I can't figure out where you check your OBC on the website.  I click on Manage Reservation, then click on Plan My Cruise.  What do you do next to see your OBC?

Thanks

right after I sign into the Celebrity website, it has my upcoming reservation on the top right, and next to it, it has OBC $100. 

6 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Yes, we have

6 hours ago, JLMcruise said:

Yes we have too!

Thanks for the replies 

I am sailing on Oct 15.   Will submit for my SBC to make sure that I submit the right forms.  Hopefully they will accept blanking  out my other investments on my statement and  account number.   I don’t want the, to know that info.  I want to make sure that I get it.  It is a B2B.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I redact all account information and any other assets.  Just leave the brokerage, statement date, and shares of RCL.

Thanks for the reply.   I have blocked out all other info and have a photo of it to send.   I don’t want them to know my financial info.   I want them to think that I am wealthier than I am.  🤗💰.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, miched said:

Thanks for the reply.   I have blocked out all other info and have a photo of it to send.   I don’t want them to know my financial info.   I want them to think that I am wealthier than I am.  🤗💰.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Just book a suite and they will know you are wealthy😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Just book a suite and they will know you are wealthy😁

Aren’t all USA passengers wealthy or in debt?     I figure I may as well spend it or go in debt because our government will either take it away or forgive it.   💰🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🚢

• Haha 2