UPD and NYE

We are excited to be sailing on Oasis over New Years especially since we have stops at Labadee and Cococ Cay. 

I am looking at the UDP as there is no 3 day or 5 day packages something we have gotten in the past because we really enjoy the specialty restaurants. I noticed in the fine print it says excludes "Holiday Celebration Dinners"    Do all the specialties have a special menu for NYE or just a special price?

Does the MDR do anything special for New Years. We have never sailed this time of year. 

Thanks for your advice and past experiences. 

1 hour ago, Jenjer said:

We are excited to be sailing on Oasis over New Years especially since we have stops at Labadee and Cococ Cay. 

I am looking at the UDP as there is no 3 day or 5 day packages something we have gotten in the past because we really enjoy the specialty restaurants. I noticed in the fine print it says excludes "Holiday Celebration Dinners"    Do all the specialties have a special menu for NYE or just a special price?

Does the MDR do anything special for New Years. We have never sailed this time of year. 

Thanks for your advice and past experiences. 

Same menu just the tiny tiny bottle of Moet and of course a special price $$$$ and UDP is excluded . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, killsport said:

When we were on the Jewel over Xmas (same issue) with UDP. Both Chops & Giovanni's were "special menu" only so we went to Izumi. Normal menu there.

We were on Odyssey over Valentines day.  We were able to use our UDP at every restaurant except Chops on that night.

We encountered this over Christmas on the Liberty with UDP. Christmas day as we were leaving the WJ they offered us a BOGO free. So we paid an extra $50pp on top of our UDP for Christmas dinner at Giovanni's because we like their steaks better. Yes it included the very small bottle of Moet champagne as well as lobster. They split the lobster and grilled it. It was delicious along with the filet mignon. 

Would we do it again? Probably not but it was Christmas and the cruise was our gift to each other so we splurged. 

We tried to eat and taste everything on the menu that evening. LOL!

Edited by cynt
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jenjer said:

That is great news at least we can use it that night. I will plan on us eating someplace other than 150 and Chops.

Having sailed on Oasis at Christmas with the UDP you will be able to choose from Izumi, Hibachi, Portside BBQ, Playmakers or Johnny Rockets.  Make sure that if you want Izumi or Hibach you book that as soon as you board. 

I don't see this notice on the package for my Thanksgiving sailing. I haven't purchased it yet, but plan to. Is this notice something I'll see after purchasing? Or is it possible that for some reason there are no restrictions on my holiday sailing?

*Nevermind, I see it. How do we know which restaurants it applies to, and which it doesn't? If it applies to all restaurants that day, it makes the price of the dining package even less desirable. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

8 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I don't see this notice on the package for my Thanksgiving sailing. I haven't purchased it yet, but plan to. Is this notice something I'll see after purchasing? Or is it possible that for some reason there are no restrictions on my holiday sailing?

Thanksgiving doesn't count.  😄 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We’ve been on several NYE cruises and every one had a special MDR meal, souvenir menu, party decorations (hat, beads, noisemaker). 

The meal was always festive. 
m

I was wondering if MDR for NYE might be better, guess we can plan on Izume.  Johnny Rockets, Playmakers and portside just seem more like lunch options to me, not a dress up Holiday dinner. Then see if the MDR has better menu.