Live from Pacific Explorer - 31st May - Australia is Cruising Again

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

handy view from our hotel, Pullman Quay Grand

Great hotel to watch the ships slip into the OPT, you might have to go outside to see Explorer cruise under the bridge in the early hours tho.ย 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Awesome P&O app. Our boarding passes have now disappeared from the app, saying they will be available at 60 days. Will see how it shakes out. We have a Verfly boarding pass, but no bar code on that.

ย 

The weather is not so bad in Circular Quay, but a bit fresh out in the open. A handy view from our hotel, Pullman Quay Grand. Pity there isn't a ship in view, but Vivid will light up the night for us.

20220530_155747.thumb.jpg.107886da12c6f02f3f21f6f19732dcf2.jpg

ย 

Thatโ€™s a really nice view. ย Vivid should be looking good from there now. ย  Thanks ย for doing a live review. ย 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stki said:

I have printedย  our boarding passes from Cruise control has the barcode) as its also disappeared fromย  the app.ย 

ย 

I sure there will be hiccups tomorrow, being the first cruise back.

ย 

That is what the shake down cruise was for - I hope.

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Great hotel to watch the ships slip into the OPT, you might have to go outside to see Explorer cruise under the bridge in the early hours tho.ย 

It would be, but she is already at White Bay. I have walked down to the opera house from there in the wee hours before, but almost as good from the balcony.

• Like 1

Apart from wet feet, we really enjoyed our Vivid walk around. I didn't take the big camera out in the weather. Lots of shots on the phone, here is a few.

ย 

20220530_191313.thumb.jpg.5a0d593ddf2b9eb3da0231c9f566c50c.jpg

ย 

20220530_192651.thumb.jpg.35c421f8ac0ec544a2138d61ece38097.jpg

ย 

20220530_192708.thumb.jpg.61c1bad151ad8fa03bdf7e63153620fa.jpg

ย 

20220530_200749.thumb.jpg.f8252c8d8c3b0158496ede61f9c493dc.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Winter has arrived early in Brisbane also. ย Sunny 8-19c forecast for Wednesday. Bring your winter woolies.ย 

Try Melbourne! Top of 10 Degrees today๐Ÿ˜‚

It's cruise day. A bit of a cool breeze out there, but the harbour looks beautiful.

ย 

The usual excitement and anticipation is yet to surface. Hard to fathom, but maybe it is better kept under wraps till we get to White Bay.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

It's cruise day. A bit of a cool breeze out there, but the harbour looks beautiful.

ย 

The usual excitement and anticipation is yet to surface. Hard to fathom, but maybe it is better kept under wraps till we get to White Bay.

Yea happy cruise day. Though I can imagine after all the protocol ins and outs, ย with the lead up and also not being sure of how things will flow today itโ€™s understandable to be guarded! I tell you when that horn blasts got the first time Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™ll shed a few tears! Enjoy every moment and looking forward to all your reports ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

ย 

Maybe you can hardly believe that you are actually going on a cruise!! ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

Happy cruising everyone!!

I am snuggled up in front of the fire waiting for the updates....but would prefer to be onboard!

Just watched a youtube vid of the TA's cruise, looks updated since we were onboard a couple of years ago.

Luke Mangans looks lovely, hope you try it Geoff.

Edited by cheznandy
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Maybe you can hardly believe that you are actually going on a cruise!! ๐Ÿ˜

850+ days. Yes, possible. Also, it is a revisit of ship & port, so hard to get excited about new USB outlets in the cabins.ย 

ย 

It will all ramp up in a couple of hours in the shadow of the ship

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Happy cruising everyone!!

I am snuggled up in front of the fire waiting for the updates....but would prefer to be onboard!

Just watched a youtube vid of the TA's cruise, looks updated since we were onboard a couple of years ago.

Luke Mangans looks lovely, hope you try it Geoff.

Much of the updates were in place before the shutdown, but closing-in Luke Burgers to become Salt Grill at night is new, and something we are keen to try.

• Like 1

Logged into theย  P & O app this morning and we now have a Digitalย  cruise card, Good times (daily planner) and under Featured today- Internet plans that are discounted for the first 24 hours.

ย 

Getting real ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 4

Typical P&O. Priority check-in opens at 11 30, but we are in the first half dozen on the ship at 11am.

ย 

We have already pre-booked dinners from our cabin phone for tomorrow and Thursday plus watched the safety video. We then scanned in at our muster station and we are having embarkation lunch in the dining room.

ย 

Good or bad, I have an all-of-cruise internet package. Works out great, as the $60 includes a $45 voucher for photo purchases.

ย 

I will detail our check in experience later.ย 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Typical P&O. Priority check-in opens at 11 30, but we are in the first half dozen on the ship at 11am.

ย 

We have already pre-booked dinners from our cabin phone for tomorrow and Thursday plus watched the safety video. We then scanned in at our muster station and we are having embarkation lunch in the dining room.

ย 

Good or bad, I have an all-of-cruise internet package. Works out great, as the $60 includes a $45 voucher for photo purchases.

ย 

So you are saying that if you arrive earlier than your check-in time you are NOT turned away? Good to know.

• Like 2

When I did a cruise from Cairns to Darwin, I had to have a negative CPR Test 72 hours before and a RAT test prior to boarding. ย I was too nervous to be excited. ย I didn't even look inside a shop at Cairns for fear of catching the virus. ย Good news was no-one caught the virus on the cruise and it was worth the worry!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

So you are saying that if you arrive earlier than your check-in time you are NOT turned away? Good to know.

It will depend on the previous cruise to an extent. We had priority, so were let in when they were ready - that was before 10:30 today. If boarding is delayed though, you could be hanging around for a bit. Nothing new, as they have always been like that and are just trying to avoid a crowd arriving at the sane time.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, arxcards said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Great to hear that the dining room is open for an embarkation day lunch. Love that. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Awesome! So have you hit your excited cruise face on yet ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 2