Live from Pacific Explorer - 31st May - Australia is Cruising Again

17 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

@arxcards Can you please confirm or squash a rumor over in Facey land that P&O now add a $7.50pp/pd Tipping Charge to your onboard account? Thanks.

I don't believe it for one minute. And I don't know where they would have got the $7.50 amount from unless it was from when tips were charged, that is prior to 2010. If they were charging gratuities now, it would be much more than $7.50.

For interest, Princess stopped charging the auto gratuities on 1st May 2011. We were on the last cruise where tips were charged, and the first one where they weren't.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't believe it for one minute. And I don't know where they would have got the $7.50 amount from unless it was from when tips were charged, that is prior to 2010. If they were charging gratuities now, it would be much more than $7.50.

For interest, Princess stopped charging the auto gratuities on 1st May 2011. We were on the last cruise where tips were charged, and the first one where they weren't.

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Will check. News to me.

Thanks. I'm sure it's wrong information but some dude showed a screenshot they got from a Travel Agent of all people, that this is a new daily charge. Just wanting to squash the rumor that's all. Thanks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Thanks. I'm sure it's wrong information but some dude showed a screenshot they got from a Travel Agent of all people, that this is a new daily charge. Just wanting to squash the rumor that's all. Thanks.

I don't do FB but could it be the charge for Pizza or breakfast delivery?

Alot of people don't realise that P&O charge extra for lots of foods...Pizza, icecream, burgers etc whereas on Carnival these are free.

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Sailaway is 4pm. The error on the daily has been correctrd

I’ve seen a two minute snippet on abc. Those water slides look pretty cool so I hope you make use of them arxcards 🥳🥳