Main Dining Room Reservations

RJM1017

Years ago, we were able to get reservations for the main dining room ahead of time, but I can’t seem to figure out how to do so now.  I’ve checked both the app and the site.  Am I just being daft or are main dining room reservations only available on the boat now?  

Apologies if it is just me being brain dead.

• Like 1

Are you referring to the generic early/late seating?  That's still available, and is set up when making the cruise reservation itself.  Changing early/late can be done by your TA or with a call to Celebrity.

If you chose the 'anytime' (aka Select) dining option, you make reservations on your own.

Edited by canderson

If you have Select Dining, and it sounds like you do, go to the Cruise Planner for your cruise reservation.  You will see Dining Options.  Scroll down past specialty restaurants and you should see the MDR (if on an E class ship you’ll see the. 4 smaller venues which replace the singular MDR).  Select that and you should be able to reserve times for each night based on availability.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RJM1017 said:

Years ago, we were able to get reservations for the main dining room ahead of time, but I can’t seem to figure out how to do so now.  I’ve checked both the app and the site.  Am I just being daft or are main dining room reservations only available on the boat now?  

Apologies if it is just me being brain dead.

I just scheduled my Select Dining reservations  (MDR) on line thru my Cruise Planner 

Thank you all for your replies. We have anytime dining, but know that reservations are a good idea on certain nights. 

We are on the July 17 to Bermuda, so maybe I’m just too early?  

2 minutes ago, RJM1017 said:

Thank you all for your replies. We have anytime dining, but know that reservations are a good idea on certain nights. 

We are on the July 17 to Bermuda, so maybe I’m just too early?  

We’re booked in Sept on Eclipse and I reserved my dining a couple months ago already. You do have to go into your cruise planner as others have posted and you’ll find the Select Dining after scrolling through all the Speciality dining options. 

8 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

If you have Select Dining, and it sounds like you do, go to the Cruise Planner for your cruise reservation.  You will see Dining Options.  Scroll down past specialty restaurants and you should see the MDR (if on an E class ship you’ll see the. 4 smaller venues which replace the singular MDR).  Select that and you should be able to reserve times for each night based on availability.

Found it! Thanks.

Also found this: Is this really correct?

• Gratuities must be prepaid in order to participate in Select Dining

We never pre-pay grats. Does this mean that we must do fixed time dining?

Before the pandemic I was able to request a table for two a my preferred location on Royal Caribbean sailings by sending a message to rcldining at rccl dot com three weeks before departure. I don't know if that still works and if there is anything like this for Celebrity.

14 hours ago, Bgwest said:

They used to be paid prior to sailing, but if you booked AI, then they are now included.

51 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

There are 2 ways of booking, basic fare or All Included.

If you have booked AI, gratuities will already have been paid.

We never pre-pay grats. Does this mean that we must do fixed time dining?

We're considering a Celebrity cruise, but will not go if they don't guarantee us a table for two.  Do you know if they will guarantee that?

If they won't guarantee a two-topper and you have Select Dining, are the reservations you're talking about only for the time?  Or would we be able to, in addition to the time, also reserve the size of the table?

7 minutes ago, Lil Puppy Dog said:

We're considering a Celebrity cruise, but will not go if they don't guarantee us a table for two.  Do you know if they will guarantee that?

If they won't guarantee a two-topper and you have Select Dining, are the reservations you're talking about only for the time?  Or would we be able to, in addition to the time, also reserve the size of the table?

In Select Dining you can always ask the host/hostess for a two top. You might have to wait if one is not available but it should never be a problem. The host/hostess sometimes will also note it in your record that you prefer a two top. Keep in mind though a lot of the two tops are very close together.

The reservations are for your preferred time only. During a busy period you may see a line of people without reservations but if you have one there is usually another line and it goes much quicker.

Lil Puppy Dog,

My DW and I have done anytime dining and never had a problem getting a two top at dinner.   The only time we were asked to sit with others was a breakfast and we were given the choice to wait for a spot alone. And if memory serves we had shown up at the very end of breakfast (so it really was on us, not the crew).  

Don’t let the fear of being not having a two person table keep you from a good experience!

On 5/30/2022 at 2:09 PM, Bgwest said:

We never pre-pay grats. Does this mean that we must do fixed time dining?

Please see the thread where you asked this question

To sum up what is thereyou will probably need to prepay the gratuitites in order to have Select Dining

On 5/29/2022 at 7:14 PM, Bgwest said:

Found it! Thanks.

We never pre-pay grats. Does this mean that we must do fixed time dining?

See your other thread here