Rapid Antigen Test

5 minutes ago, doppelganger2621 said:

To follow up on previous poster—Royal considers the NAAT to be a “PCR test” for vaccinated guests

So my Walgreens offers the Turquoise for us, and we are good?? We are all vacinated..

Edited by Scoobydobe7

47 minutes ago, doppelganger2621 said:

To follow up on previous poster—Royal considers the NAAT to be a “PCR test” for vaccinated guests

RCI also accepted the NAAT for our unvaccinated under age 5.

• Thanks 1

Both PCR and Rapid Antigent covid tests are acceptable for cruise departures from the USA and international flights returning to the USA. Most drugstores in the USA seem to be giving the PCR test only.  It can be difficult to find one that offers the Rapid Antigen where results come back quite soon.  However, try to persevere as I have heard a number of horror stories about PCR tests at drugstores not returning in time.  Have traveled quite a bit during the pandemic and, with some searching, I was able to find Rapid Antigen testing at a CVS both in the Pittsburgh and also in the Orlando area before traveling.  Of course this means you must sign up for the test well in advance...they usually book appointments in two week intervals and I book as soon as possible when the appointments open. As a last resort, many airports have testing centers but that comes at a big cost as well as the inconvenience of arriving at the airport well in advance of your flight. I understand that some home monitored tests are also accepted but can't comment on those as I have never utilized that method of testing for travel.

5 hours ago, island lady said:

You are not going to find many Walgreens that do the rapid Antigen test any longer.  

Go for the NAAT rapid test.  

The walgreens near me does not offer the NAAT test, only PCR and Rapud Antigen...What they offer is checked off..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

You are not going to find many Walgreens that do the rapid Antigen test any longer.  

Go for the NAAT rapid test.  

How do you know this?? The NAAT is not offered near me...I need the Rapid Antigen...Do you know of a timeline of when Walgreen will discontinue the rapid antigen?? Yikes, now I am worried...

5 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

How do you know this?? The NAAT is not offered near me...I need the Rapid Antigen...Do you know of a timeline of when Walgreen will discontinue the rapid antigen?? Yikes, now I am worried...

The other poster is correct. Have you looked on the Walgreens website to see where the nearest location is that offers the rapid antigen test? In my area of southern Cal there is currently zero stores within a 100 mile radius that offers them. They’re becoming less and less available as more people are moving to home tests. I suggest doing a Google search to see if anyone in your area or nearby is offering the rapid tests. We will test in the morning using the emed proctored tests here at home. Easy to use. 

58 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

The other poster is correct. Have you looked on the Walgreens website to see where the nearest location is that offers the rapid antigen test? In my area of southern Cal there is currently zero stores within a 100 mile radius that offers them. They’re becoming less and less available as more people are moving to home tests. I suggest doing a Google search to see if anyone in your area or nearby is offering the rapid tests. We will test in the morning using the emed proctored tests here at home. Easy to use. 

all of the walgreens in my state (Maine) only show either the PCR or the Rapid Antigen...None of them offer the NAAT (Red Dot).

7 hours ago, doppelganger2621 said:

Yep! Needs to be PCR or antigen within two days of boarding and either the red or turquoise work for that

Our Walgreens has stopped all testing. We have only CVS unless we drive into the city. Really not a hardship but just pointing out that some stores are stopping testing. When I asked if it was a corporate decision I was told that the individual store and staffing determined how best to use their staff. 

We went with Azova testing, $20/pp and used the tests sent to us by the government via USPS. Just did them at 9:00PM via telmed connection, and had results in 15 minutes. VERY efficient, and very professional. Needed tested today for Bermuda. Our PCR back up testing site could not guarantee results before Thursday afternoon because of some lab issues. Heavens! What a mess testing locally has become. I hope everyone finds what will work for them and get negative results. We were really on edge as the numbers at school had gone up and we worried about the teen, but she was negative (no symptoms). Just stressed because a friend did test positive back the first week of May and their family had to cancel their cruise. Do wish y'all negative results and happy cruises. 

10 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

None of the Walgreens in central Florida has offered the Antigen test near me for weeks now.  We do the Rapid NAAT test at one of our local ones about 15 minutes away.  Was super easy to make appointment online, with many choices available.   

Drive up test, takes minutes, and usually get our results emailed before I can even get home. No charge, just show your appointment and give (or show at window) your ID.  

Have done these tests twice for two different cruises over the last 3 weeks.  Totally accepted at check in, and actually preferred over Antigen test.   

• Like 1

Totally trusting my fellow CCs.  Just got our free Walgreens test and negative results indicate:  Test Ordered:  Rapid NAAT Test.  This was so easy.  Just really confused on the different terminologies. 

I saved our Binax Now home test for October cruise in case Walgreens does not offer this service.

• Like 2