Didn’t do my homework.

emam

For Palma (Mallorca) the ship docks a fair way from the centre (as others have advised) but we enjoyed the stroll down the marina. For the return walk we stopped off at Parc de Sa Feixina where they used to put on a fantastic barbecue.

IMG_2324.JPG

IMG_2329.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

IMG_2335.JPG

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 4

Cinque Terra by  boat is only possible in calm seas. We had to do it by train, which is a nightmare due to crowds when boats are not running. Porto Venere is just as lovely as the Cinque Terra towns and only a bus ride away. Google it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Cinque Terra by  boat is only possible in calm seas. We had to do it by train, which is a nightmare due to crowds when boats are not running. Porto Venere is just as lovely as the Cinque Terra towns and only a bus ride away. Google it.

From where?

6 hours ago, DamianG said:

For Palma (Mallorca) the ship docks a fair way from the centre (as others have advised) but we enjoyed the stroll down the marina. For the return walk we stopped off at Parc de Sa Feixina where they used to put on a fantastic barbecue.

IMG_2324.JPG

IMG_2329.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

IMG_2335.JPG

Damian, I had looked at this on Google maps satellite and wondered if this might be a suitable stroll for Paulines wheelchair. It looks as though you could walk alongside the marina all the way to the Cathedral?

11 hours ago, zap99 said:

We will look into how we get to Portofino a bit nearer to the time. Some tips for Soller. Get of the ship early, taxi to the station, get on the right train ( it's the old wooden one that once transported banana's ). Tram to Porto Soller. Enjoy this delightful town. Coffee and cake. Rush back via express bus. ..... Don't miss the ship.🤣

A taxi, train, tram and bus. Definitely won't be doing that but thanks for the info.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DamianG said:

Looks interesting. Lovely photos.

• Like 1

About 2.25 miles from the Cathedral to the cruise terminals, however if the ship berths across the harbour it adds over a mile so best to confirm the berth. There is a regular bus service but i can't remember if it is wheelchair friendly

• Like 2

13 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Damian, I had looked at this on Google maps satellite and wondered if this might be a suitable stroll for Paulines wheelchair. It looks as though you could walk alongside the marina all the way to the Cathedral?

Dave has quoted 2.25 miles which sounds about right but it didn't feel like that to us as we got off early and stopped for a light breakfast in the marina. Plenty of yachts to look at too so it never felt like a slog.

We munched our way round the return journey with stops for tapas and the barbecue so again the walk was broken up into small sections.

And yes, you can avoid the main road and walk all the way around the marina so I think it would be okay for a wheelchair. This will give you an idea:

Marina webcam, Palma de Mallorca | SeeMallorca.com

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 2

I agree with Zap about the roaming charges, I’m on O2 which is the same as before Brexit . I’ve recently been to Belgium and can confirm no charges!

I was going to do the Soller train in Majorca but our cruise there got cancelled 😞

• Like 1

Borrowed from elsewhere.

Just been doing bit of research and have found out the port timings are:
Leave Southampton - 6:00
La Coruna: 8-5
Palma: 8-6
La Spezia: 6-6
Marseille: 9-6
Barcelona: 8-6
Cadiz: 6-6

8 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

Do P&O not have a shuttle service to the cathedral and or city centre?

They didn't when we were there pre-covid, there was a free transfer through the port area because you are not supposed to walk through.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

They didn't when we were there pre-covid, there was a free transfer through the port area because you are not supposed to walk through.

It's a long time since I sailed with P&O, and obviously times have changed. I'm sure many moons ago there was always a free shuttle bus from the dock to the cathedral, though I could be imagining it, like I do with lots of things now.

• Like 1

In La Coruna you can take the bus up to the lighthouse either 3A or 3 costs about 1.50 euro each way.

They run every 20 minutes .

The lighthouse only costs about 2 euro entry and is free on a Monday.

If you look at the excursions you will pay a lot more.

We the went to the square and had Tapas really good.

Good for wander or for the beach .

We did this in April.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, poorer said:

In La Coruna you can take the bus up to the lighthouse either 3A or 3 costs about 1.50 euro each way.

They run every 20 minutes .

The lighthouse only costs about 2 euro entry and is free on a Monday.

If you look at the excursions you will pay a lot more.

We the went to the square and had Tapas really good.

Good for wander or for the beach .

We did this in April.

How did you buy your ticket? A bus to the lighthouse and then a walk back via the Play del Orzan looks interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to add to all the other comments, A/La Coruña and Palma de Mallorca are both super places for a stroll around. I would be surprised if there isn't a shuttle available in Palma to the Cathedral, which is in the heart of the town. The berth in A Coruña is right in the centre. I'm sure you will enjoy both.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Just to add to all the other comments, A/La Coruña and Palma de Mallorca are both super places for a stroll around. I would be surprised if there isn't a shuttle available in Palma to the Cathedral, which is in the heart of the town. The berth in A Coruña is right in the centre. I'm sure you will enjoy both.

There was a shuttle last time I was there terminating near the cathedral but that was a Marella cruise. There is also the No 1 bus which runs from Sindicat to the port

https://www.emtpalma.cat/en/route/-/L/1/portopi-sindicat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

There was a shuttle last time I was there terminating near the cathedral but that was a Marella cruise. There is also the No 1 bus which runs from Sindicat to the port

https://www.emtpalma.cat/en/route/-/L/1/portopi-sindicat

It has been a while since I was there with P&O but there always used to be a shuttle service.

• Like 1