"exact" phone number U.S. to call re full refund from Celebrity-cancelled cruise as promised on board

12cruise2

Besides any phone numbers on the Celebrity web site, does anyone have the phone number for their accounting department that handles refunds?  I want to make sure we are in its system for the full refund and be able to follow up on it.  It was to be our second cruise on a B2B, but DH tested positive, so we had to get off and told we would get a full refund of the second cruise.

I'm on hold now for a web-available phone number, but I'm guessing like Holland America, they have a revenue accounting department that handles this type of thing.  Again, I already have general phone numbers.

Thank you.

Edited by 12cruise2

• 12cruise2 changed the title to "exact" phone number U.S. to call re full refund from Celebrity-cancelled cruise as promised on board

Update--after one hour on hold with no response, I hung up and called the main Celebrity number and they told me to call-----the same number I was on hold with for an hour.  However, the "Engagement Department" is open 7a-10P eastern time, so I'll try tomorrow morning at 7:00 a. when they open, 844-418-6824.

They're really good at getting you OFF the ship, but. . . .

However, if anyone has a specific number besides this number, I'm very interested!  Please post that number if you've had to call re a refund, please.

Edited by 12cruise2

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

It has been 40 days for a refund of a erroneous mini bar charge of $100

Were you on the April 16th cruise on the Apex?  We were also charged $100.00 for the mini bar.  I called Celebrity on April 24th and spoke with someone at Celebrity and they got approval to refund the charge on my credit card. On 5/1 I called Celebrity again and was told that it would take 30-45 for the credit so far I haven't received it. I think it is time to call again.

16 minutes ago, FBrew said:

Were you on the April 16th cruise on the Apex?  We were also charged $100.00 for the mini bar.  I called Celebrity on April 24th and spoke with someone at Celebrity and they got approval to refund the charge on my credit card. On 5/1 I called Celebrity again and was told that it would take 30-45 for the credit so far I haven't received it. I think it is time to call again.

Personally I find it easiest to just dispute in on Credit Card and I get immediate temporary credit and it's eventually worked out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with @Jim_Lain......dispute the charge with your credit card. I've been trying to call X over the past few days and have had no luck and just waste several hours on the phone with no conversation ever occurring.

4 hours ago, FBrew said:

Yes we were.  I think it was done by our Butler who we had asked to be replaced.  He was visibly upset and kept angrily  muttering at me every time we passed in the hall.  I know at least one other Suite asked to have him replaced.

So, here's what you do if you get put off the ship before second cruise and have to isolate in a hotel:  Prepare a letter describing what happened, from the beginning of the first cruise, cov. test positive, put off the ship into hotel isolation, through to returning home.  In letter, also ask for the second, B2B cruise fare to be refunded back to credit card, not posted as future cruise credit.  Keep all lodging and meal receipts from isolation in a hotel.  All these documents have to be EMAILED, not faxed, not mailed, to celebrityengagementcenter@celebrity.com.  I asked if I could fax, or mail, the said no, only way was email.  So, we don't use a smartphone or have a scanner; I'll go to the UPS store and have them scan my docs, saved as a PDF on a thumb drive, then I'll open that doc at home and sort it out, probably copying the letter and posting that at the beginning of the submission, but posting the entire PDF file.  Rep. said a PDF doc would work.

As someone suggested, I am tempted to put a dispute on my credit card for the second cruise fare paid a couple of months ago.

Edited by 12cruise2

Google Elliott Advocacy. I got helpful telephone numbers for upper echelon levels at X from there who were very helpful in getting our refund processed.(We had waited for for over 3 months and multiple phone calls and emails without help) until I called that number.

15 hours ago, jelayne said:

Yes we were.  I think it was done by our Butler who we had asked to be replaced.  He was visibly upset and kept angrily  muttering at me every time we passed in the hall.  I know at least one other Suite asked to have him replaced.

I called Celebrity today and spoke to Captains club they have escalated the mini bar credit to accounting. The rep. told me as soon as it is finalized, he will call.  We asked to have the butler replaced also and I believe we had the same butler.

1 minute ago, FBrew said:

I called Celebrity today and spoke to Captains club they have escalated the mini bar credit to accounting. The rep. told me as soon as it is finalized, he will call.  We asked to have the butler replaced also and I believe we had the same butler.

Sounds like it was the same one.

On 6/1/2022 at 3:32 PM, jelayne said:

It has been 40 days for a refund of a erroneous mini bar charge of $100

I would have done a credit card chargeback. Let them deal with Celebrity and you get access to your money immediately. 

2 hours ago, FBrew said:

I just received the credit for the mini bar on my credit card today.

That's great you got the credit. How long did it take?  I just do disputes through my credit card company and let them hash it out with the vendor.

2 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

That's great you got the credit. How long did it take?  I just do disputes through my credit card company and let them hash it out with the vendor.

It took my 45 days.