Dine my way question

alan9945

How many days before your cruise is it possible to reserve a table using the medallion app? I have been trying but the app does not respond. Has anyone else had this problem?

Do I have to wait until a couple of weeks beforehand or do I need to contact Princess?

I am based in the UK.

Thanks for any help.

If you are Elite, you should be able to make dining reservations as soon as you have booked.

If not Elite, you should be able to make dining reservations once final payment has been made.

Above assume the app is working correctly as far as DMW is concerned.

• Like 1

I'm cruising starting 11 June

I was able to book a speciality restaurant, and also a MDR booking for each and every night (day by day - different MDRs and times each day) a month or so ago

8 hours ago, alan9945 said:

How many days before your cruise is it possible to reserve a table using the medallion app? I have been trying but the app does not respond. Has anyone else had this problem?

Do I have to wait until a couple of weeks beforehand or do I need to contact Princess?

I am based in the UK.

Thanks for any help.

I would contact Princess, sounds like you are having DMW issues.  

12 hours ago, alan9945 said:

I am based in the UK.

Thanks for any help.

Make sure you are using the latest version of the app. An older version can cause multiple problems.

I am also in the UK and wasn't able to make reservations on the app either. I got as far as choosing times but kept getting an 'error has occurred' message or nothing happened at all when I went to confirm button.

I phoned Princess and they said no problem we can do it for you....no they couldn't.. they managed to book for the first night and then they also got error message same as me. They said it would be escalated and to try again in a few days. 

Later I tried again and still not working so I decided to try booking a different much earlier time than I wanted and it worked! There is then an option to edit reservation and I chose the time I really  wanted and it changed to it. I had to do it separately for each day but we are all booked in now!

Good luck.. the app is a pain... mine keeps changing me from green to yellow lane and back again!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, sammybonny said:

I am also in the UK and wasn't able to make reservations on the app either. I got as far as choosing times but kept getting an 'error has occurred' message or nothing happened at all when I went to confirm button.

I phoned Princess and they said no problem we can do it for you....no they couldn't.. they managed to book for the first night and then they also got error message same as me. They said it would be escalated and to try again in a few days. 

Later I tried again and still not working so I decided to try booking a different much earlier time than I wanted and it worked! There is then an option to edit reservation and I chose the time I really  wanted and it changed to it. I had to do it separately for each day but we are all booked in now!

Good luck.. the app is a pain... mine keeps changing me from green to yellow lane and back again!

4 hours ago, alan9945 said:

Thanks sammybonny I followed your advice and it worked perfectly!

So glad it worked for you. It was pure luck that I tried it. Its about time they sorted the app out though ...no improvement since our cruise last September.

Anyway one less thing to worry about now!

We had no issue also making a first night and I thought we were home free but have since fooled around for three days unable to book ....early, late,  different days....what a pain. Get the error message always. (both on phone and i-pad). I guess I will call Princess but doubt they will be able to help. Technology strikes again!

Any other ideas anyone has would be appreciated.

If it helps anyone, perhaps another workaround.  It appears if a booking is made for shared table you can make these without issue. It is then possible to edit to different times and private tables.  When we tried to book these as posted we always had an error message. We are not fixated on having dining times for every evening (Kind of defeats the anytime dining concept) but are in dread of long waits to have dinner. I think we will book main dining for the cruise and go back and adjust/add specialty dining.

Good luck.

On 6/2/2022 at 2:27 AM, alan9945 said:

I am based in the UK.

Thanks for any help.

I would post such questions in the main DMW thread which is permanently at the top of the Princess page as a "sticky".

39 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Didn't work for me. I'm going to wait and try again later.

Took me 6 tries to get put in as an authorized user on the credit card portion. I understand the frustration . I thought I would do the happy dance when the dining went thru on one try. Maybe we are all here for Princesses amusement. We are NOT amused.!  Good luck.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, jinpasco said:

Took me 6 tries to get put in as an authorized user on the credit card portion. I understand the frustration . I thought I would do the happy dance when the dining went thru on one try. Maybe we are all here for Princesses amusement. We are NOT amused.!  Good luck.

I had the credit card problem. Deleted and started over. IIRC it took 2 tries several months apart...so maybe something got fixed in the meantime.

New booking made on Thursday did not show up on Medallion Class app on Friday.  Live chat with Princess.  She asked for some information (which was dropped from my file).  Once that was completed, I refreshed (updated) app.  Cruise booked separately showed up as b2b (ugh).

I was able to book DMW for March 2023.  Same time/same dining room/same private table.  No option for same wait team.  Elite, but I don't know otherwise.  Screen shot saved (I don't trust Princess).  Maybe I should change my Avatar name.  

On 6/1/2022 at 11:27 PM, alan9945 said:

I am based in the UK.

Thanks for any help.

i just booked dinning specialitys today for october cruise