HAL customer service

grammi

5 hours ago, ldtr said:

Know an person that was a senior customer rep.(worked from home pre-pandemic)  Got laid off during the pandemic.  They wanted to return when HAL started staffing up customer service, but instead of bringing them back at their old salary they would only bring them back as a new hire, with a considerably reduced salary.  They chose not to return.

Thanks for that information.  That’s a shame that hal took that road.  It could end up costing them more in the end.

On 6/4/2022 at 5:00 PM, Mary229 said:

@TiogaCruiser  I wonder what flight ease is doing.   They seem to be the greatest source of urgent issues 

I probably will spend the greater part of today on the phone to Flight Ease trying to get reimbursed for over 2500.00 that I spent out of pocket when they failed to ticket my recent outbound flight. Wish me luck

3 hours ago, gailellen12 said:

I probably will spend the greater part of today on the phone to Flight Ease trying to get reimbursed for over 2500.00 that I spent out of pocket when they failed to ticket my recent outbound flight. Wish me luck

Good luck.

4 hours ago, gailellen12 said:

I'd really like to hear your outcome. I don't know a single person who has gotten a nickel out of HAL. 

3 hours ago, Unlvswezel said:

I'd really like to hear your outcome. I don't know a single person who has gotten a nickel out of HAL. 

Now you have.  I had some pretty crappy problems on my last cruise one of them being my flight home and what they tried to push on me in comparison to what I booked.  I had emailed my PCC at the time about all my issues never expecting to hear a thing.  After several months they did credit my air for the return flight.  I was shocked to say the least.  I can tell you it was nowhere near $2500 though.  I'm a 5 star and I can tell you your statement is pretty much on the money.  I can't remember them refunding me for anything else over all these years other than there double charge screw ups and I had to fight tooth and nail for that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Now you have.  I had some pretty crappy problems on my last cruise one of them being my flight home and what they tried to push on me in comparison to what I booked.  I had emailed my PCC at the time about all my issues never expecting to hear a thing.  After several months they did credit my air for the return flight.  I was shocked to say the least.  I can tell you it was nowhere near $2500 though.  I'm a 5 star and I can tell you your statement is pretty much on the money.  I can't remember them refunding me for anything else over all these years other than there double charge screw ups and I had to fight tooth and nail for that.

I had the same result albeit prior to my cruise.  They failed to pay the ticket resulting in cancellation.  They reinstated my ticket at a higher price with HAL paying the difference.  Also I was insistent that they book me on the same exact flights which cost them a bit more 

On 6/16/2022 at 7:22 PM, NCTribeFan said:

I think they need to set up an area with a couple of people to JUST handle the app/internet setup. 

This week on Oosterdam they had a special desk to deal with Navigator problems.  It was open Embarkation day and the next day.  Just across from Front Desk.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Unlvswezel said:

When the Volendam was chartered out to the city of Rotterdam, we received a full refund of our non-cancellable hotel charges for one night. It did take 5 weeks to receive it.