Almost Live-Voyager, Barcelona-Southampton, June 6-23

I so hope you recover promptly and your husband stays negative.  Our experience with Regent since covid has been that they go out of their way to make quarantine as easy as possible.  The only glitch was that people had to quarantine for 10 days even if they felt better and tested negative sooner.  Is this still the case?

8 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

I so hope you recover promptly and your husband stays negative.  Our experience with Regent since covid has been that they go out of their way to make quarantine as easy as possible.  The only glitch was that people had to quarantine for 10 days even if they felt better and tested negative sooner.  Is this still the case?

I know I have to quarantine for at least 5 days, with the testing day being day 0. So, my best outcome will be a negative test on June 20.

Quarantine day 1

My senses of taste and smell returned today! I haven’t enjoyed a soft boiled egg this much in a long time! The coffee was delicious too. My butler called early to be sure I was getting breakfast, then he checked in later to be sure I had lunch. He just now called to see if I needed anything. Also, the Manager of the restaurants called, gave me his contact number and told me to call him if I wanted anything from any of the restaurants. I don’t have too much of an appetite yet, but he sent an afternoon treat and later a tea tray. 

The doctor called to check in and see how I was doing. Earlier one of the medical team came by to check my vitals. All okay!

The fitness center sent me a yoga mat and a pair of hand weights. However, he did advise me to take it very slowly so I didn’t get short of breath.

All in all, I am being treated as if I am the Godmother of the ship! Aside from missing my DH and not getting to see some sights, it’s really okay. But, it’s day one.

Thanks to all for your good wishes!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

Quarantine day 1

My senses of taste and smell returned today! I haven’t enjoyed a soft boiled egg this much in a long time! The coffee was delicious too. My butler called early to be sure I was getting breakfast, then he checked in later to be sure I had lunch. He just now called to see if I needed anything. Also, the Manager of the restaurants called, gave me his contact number and told me to call him if I wanted anything from any of the restaurants. I don’t have too much of an appetite yet, but he sent an afternoon treat and later a tea tray. 

The doctor called to check in and see how I was doing. Earlier one of the medical team came by to check my vitals. All okay!

The fitness center sent me a yoga mat and a pair of hand weights. However, he did advise me to take it very slowly so I didn’t get short of breath.

All in all, I am being treated as if I am the Godmother of the ship! Aside from missing my DH and not getting to see some sights, it’s really okay. But, it’s day one.

If Regents coffee tastes good something must be off 😶

Sounds like they are taking great care of you.  That's so good to hear.

Get well

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rcandkc said:

Can you go out on balcony?   Do you leave trays in hall so no one comes into room?  I’m glad they are taking good care of you!

I went on the balcony while people were out on excursions but it was foggy and the Gijon port is very industrial. But it was nice to get a bit of fresh air. 
A gowned, gloved, masked, shielded person comes in to bring me food and take away the used trays. Very civilized.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, asnaleah said:

I went on the balcony while people were out on excursions but it was foggy and the Gijon port is very industrial. But it was nice to get a bit of fresh air. 
A gowned, gloved, masked, shielded person comes in to bring me food and take away the used trays. Very civilized.

Very good. I wonder what would be the protocol if your cruise was ending. 

This leg of the cruise is ending, but we are booked on the next segment, Bilbao to Southampton. If we were debarking in Spain, I would have to quarantine on land until I test negative or can get a Certificate of Recovery. The UK has no restrictions so it would be up to my judgment what to do.

4 hours ago, asnaleah said:

This leg of the cruise is ending, but we are booked on the next segment, Bilbao to Southampton. If we were debarking in Spain, I would have to quarantine on land until I test negative or can get a Certificate of Recovery. The UK has no restrictions so it would be up to my judgment what to do.

Thank you for your live review and your ongoing information in quarantine. I have enjoyed your writing and am sorry you have had to deal with this. 

15 hours ago, asnaleah said:

This comment made me think that if I do test positive when I cruise having the ability to at least go out onto a balcony rather being stuck in a hotel room is a positive. 

Fingers crossed all will be fine and you will be out on the 20th.

• Thanks 1

Quarantine Day 2

I’m happy to report feeling better today, about 80%. No cold medicine today. I was visited twice by the medical team and called by the Doctor. I will be tested Sunday and Monday and if both rapid antigen tests are negative, I will be released from quarantine. Fingers crossed!!

The crew has been phenomenal! Even today, a turnaround day, I got anything I wanted with hardly a wait. The coffee maybe wasn’t quite as good as yesterday - I guess my taste buds are continuing to recover! 

My dinner tonight was from Prime 7. It has been offered to me before, but today was the first time I had enough of an appetite to enjoy it. Lamb chops, au gratin potatoes and asparagus. Plus a chocolate cake dessert. And a huge glass of red wine! Lovely!!

My DH went on an excursion to old Bilbao and the Guggenheim. He thoroughly enjoyed it. He continues to test negative and I’m so grateful! Bordeaux tomorrow. He promises to select a lovely bottle or two for me. He enjoyed Bilbao so much, he thinks we should plan a land tour. Maybe Bilbao AND Bordeaux, since I will miss them both this time.

One thing I will suggest on the mid-cruise survey: those of us in quarantine need a dedicated crew member with a private extension so that we can get help as needed. The reception desk can get very busy and the phones often go unanswered. This is not a big deal if you can leave your cabin and seek someone, but we cannot do so. I’m glad my DH and I decided that I would quarantine alone, mostly to protect his health, but also because he can go find someone to help me as needed (remote batteries, breakfast door hanger, small things like that). Also, our butler calls a few times a day to see how I am and what I need. Invaluable! 

• Like 10

So happy you are doing well.  I’m sure a great relief for your husband.  I hope your medical bill is reasonable.  Ship medical attention can be costly. However, the one time my husband required it, travel insurance reimbursed us. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, boblerm said:

asnaleah, all of us in the Regent CC community will be sending positive thoughts your way on Sunday and Monday!🤞🙏

I mean positive thoughts for a negative test result of course!!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rcandkc said:

So happy you are doing well.  I’m sure a great relief for your husband.  I hope your medical bill is reasonable.  Ship medical attention can be costly. However, the one time my husband required it, travel insurance reimbursed us. 

I am trying to get all documentation in order to file an insurance claim. I will update medical expenses as I learn about them. I was told by the medical team that there would be no charge for the testing, but if I had originally been negative, the tests would have been at my expense. 

5 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

We are doing an Ama Wine river cruise in Bordeaux with a pre-cruise in Bilbao in the Spring. Maybe you should join us!

Sounds lovely! I will look into it. Thanks!!

Quarantine Day 3

Much like day 2. I continue to feel better, and I thank you all for your good wishes!

DH took an excursion to Saint-Emilion today. He said it was very well done, excellent guide, only about 20 people. The only downside was the heat - 104 F! He brought me a bottle of Rose and a red blend. And some macarons de Saint-Emilions. Delicious! I will save the red and hope we can drink it together Monday!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

Quarantine Day 3

Much like day 2. I continue to feel better, and I thank you all for your good wishes!

DH took an excursion to Saint-Emilion today. He said it was very well done, excellent guide, only about 20 people. The only downside was the heat - 104 F! He brought me a bottle of Rose and a red blend. And some macarons de Saint-Emilions. Delicious! I will save the red and hope we can drink it together Monday!

Nice husband😍