The Daily for Saturday 06/04/2022

richwmn

Today is Applesauce Cake Day, Hug Your Cat Day, and National Cheese Day

Books are the ultimate Dumpees; put them down and they'll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back.--John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

Meal Suggestion for today - chicken broccoli pasta
Drink of the Day - Caramel Apple Martini
Wine of the Day - Oak Grove 2019 Family Reserve Winemaker's Red (Cal
Destination of the Day - Roseau, Dominica

Ukrainian Refugee Housing

Rotterdam Waalhaven

Volendam  

Ships With Passengers

At Sea

Nieuw Amsterdam   Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 06/05
Noordam   Destination Whittier, Alaska eta 06/05
Rotterdam   Destination Amsterdam, Netherlands North Holland

Livorno, Florence-Pisa, Italy

Oosterdam   07:00 - 19:00

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Zaandam   07:00 - 17:00

Seattle, Washington

Eurodam   07:00 - 16:00

Skagway, Alaska

Zuiderdam   07:00 - 21:00

Vigo, Spain Galicia

Nieuw Statendam   11:00 - 18:00

Ships Without Passengers

At Sea

Westerdam   Destination Seattle, WA eta 6/7

0604World.thumb.png.f8f02fb41d755eecf9bd864cd72030f0.png
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 9

Good morning and thanks for the Daily Report.

Applesauce cake sounds wonderful. @0106Thanks for the recipe.  No cat to hug, but I'll hug my dog and my hubby.  Cheese Day sounds great.

I like the quote, books are great.

The meal sounds good, I'm sure I have a recipe around here somewhere, but a new one would be nice.

The drink sounds like dessert.  I hope the wine is nice.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 25

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich. We actually had a lovely sunny early morning here. But I think the clouds have arrived. Our weather folk kept talking about the storm being confused and having a difficult time forming. Well of course it was confused. It was named Agatha in the Pacific, and now just because it is over water with a different name - it has to change its name to Alex! Geesh, I would be confused, too. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy. Morning Dailyites. We might get some showers today, but the storm surge warnings are now up as far as Daytona, just below me. Everyone South & West of me, be safe. I got my hair cut yesterday, and for the first time I was the only one wearing a mask. I was a bit taken aback. 

Today’s lesson….

1E608ABF-4ECE-4A5F-9B57-E233E1E4E819.jpeg.0d3e53a8e6abbd4e5f6a0c717c15e0c0.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone. 

Eek I posted before adding the wine info…😱

Oak Grove 2019 Family Reserve Winemaker's Red

This California red blend has very good ratings and a price that makes it easy to try. And if you like it, it could become your “house red blend”. Widely available with prices starting at $8.99.

WE 87

This rich and full-bodied blend based on Cabernet Sauvignon is packed with blackberry, chocolate and blueberry flavors on a smooth texture. It's light in tannins and easy on the palate.  JIM GORDON

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon everyone from Livorno!  It’s a lovely day. I changed all my tours to shorter ones since I’m by myself, plus most were the ones that Craig wanted. Today was a walking tour, fish market and several stops for food and wine. Wine at 10:00 am!  Yes, please. 

Sardine on the fish market. 

2F6E27E5-1FB8-4312-8F29-2AAA8D1288F0.thumb.jpeg.761696c195e0973be650624b8b172b24.jpeg

Inside the fish auction. 

C56F5443-D306-4FBE-AE67-2819CE1A8F9B.thumb.jpeg.439b8adaaeae0080df74cdd1c58b6cba.jpeg

Typical local fish stew served on bread. It was yummy. 

45AB9FBE-9310-4FEE-BE93-39E41E96612E.thumb.jpeg.aae9ebb003424879cffefcddcdc954b2.jpeg

Bruschetta with toppings. The white things are white sardines. Yum. The olives were good too. 
A9620000-E1FD-45B5-B541-BB07AFE9F60B.thumb.jpeg.0610d74f43d3106214048dbdcaf7b39a.jpeg

Outdoor market. 

16CD5EF7-56E2-4CA3-8587-A12F2BF35F0D.thumb.jpeg.64261a0a96f4067ced37d06ec41277c7.jpeg

B33280AD-5899-47F4-955C-F307D2904649.thumb.jpeg.ec8b074b42ed5f8e987ca27ee1015dfa.jpeg

One of the many churches. 

EFA7E3C5-E692-450A-A627-FDC580CBAAA1.thumb.jpeg.ef655b1dc5bd9dd3cbe316953126e035.jpeg

It’s taking too long to load the rest so I’ll continue in another post. 

• Like 36
  • Thanks 5

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Applesauce cake sounds delicious.  No cat to hug here.  I will celebrate with cheese and crackers later.  Nice quote.  Meal suggestion sounds very nice although we’re staying away from carbs this month.  The drink sounds more like dessert and I’ll bet it would pair nicely with the applesauce cake.  We have been to Roseau in the time before smartphones so no pics.  Prayers for everyone on today’s list including those in the path of the storm.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!

• Like 25

Good afternoon.

It is 60°F and partly cloudy here in North East England.

We have been cleaning and hoovering both of our cars and I just realised I am an hour late in posting 🤫.

I like cheese but avoid the blue cheeses as I am allergic to Penicillin.

In my experience cats will only let you hug them if they want that.

This picture is my older brother hugging our cat and me standing next to him at my late parents house almost 50 years ago.

Food sounds nice.

We have been to Roseau Dominica on a cruise.

Sending my prayers 🙏 and best wishes for everyone who is unwell.

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210908_202329.jpg

• Like 30

Thank you for the Saturday Daily, Rich.  No cat to hug.  My usual lunch is grilled Ham and Cheese, and the applesauce cake @0106 shows looks delightful, and the pasta sounds nice.  I love the Green quote and have been to Rousseau just once, on my segment of the 2014 Amsterdam world cruise.  I'll pass on the alternative menu suggestion since @richwmn's looks so good.

Today’s care list:

Dfish recovering from surgery
Sharon Dh and Bruno with covid
Malinda with stage 4 cancer
My cubmaster
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
Buddy with continuing problems
Dismomx5 and DH in covid quarantine but feeling better
From the rotation:
StLouisSal with weakening legs
1Angelcat facing expensive medicines
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Strength, peace, and healing for kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Platinum Jubilee for her Majesty
Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Heartgrove brother moved to rehab
Cruising-along with grandsons in Yellowstone
Productive doctor visit for Dfish
4 days for travelingbums (Jewel of the Seas, June 8-20)
Welcome home lazey1
Sharon in AZ (Oosterdam  to 6/13 + 6 days Venice) and StLouisCruisers and kb4683(Island Princess  to 6/29) at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, everyone!

It is a bright sunshiny day here in northeast Ohio.  Just a bit on the cool side, but we should be warming up to mid 70s.   I slept very well last night and woke up feeling back to normal.  I know not to overdo things, but I am going to try a lap around the block this morning.  If that goes well, I may repeat this afternoon.  It will feel good to get a little exercise.  

Today's meal is a yummy one, but not for dieters or those watching carbs.   Here's an easy recipe to get us started.  https://thecozycook.com/chicken-and-broccoli-pasta/1415963363_chickenbroccolipasta1.jpg.f2118b2a835ec477b54628f06eafa8c3.jpg

This next one is a chicken broccoli alfredo.  Sounds heavy, but they have lightened the sauce a bit.  https://damndelicious.net/2015/01/03/chicken-broccoli-alfredo/

1199719091_chickenbroccolipasta3.thumb.jpg.e3d533146918d198aff313b7beb71c21.jpg

This next recipe comes from the Cheesecake Factory so you know it is good.  You also know it has a gazillion calories.   https://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/recipes/chicken-broccoli-pasta

979628374_chickenbroccolipasta4.jpg.450b83e4000524b562a275615f907130.jpg

Lastly, we have a recipe for chicken broccoli pasta with pesto.   https://gimmedelicious.com/pesto-chicken-and-broccoli-pasta/

11813354_chickenbroccolipasta5.thumb.jpg.6b9f6564bf126fde89afe84b560309b5.jpg

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine, victims of continuing gun violence, and Daily family members who are struggling with challenges.  Jacqui @kazu, we know you're having a tough time, but we'd like to help lessen the load if there is any way we can.   Cheers to those who are celebrating, especially on a BHB.   Wishing you all a great day!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 7

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Applesauce cake sounds great. No cats here. I will definitely celebrate cheese day by having some later.

I love the quote. The meal sounds good.

The social last Friday, which had a total of seven people, was supposed to be the last one until September. I asked why they don't continue it through the summer and the head of the social committee didn't know. So, she said we'll continue and see how it goes. Last night there were fifteen of us. Unfortunately, the lady who made the decision to continue had another obligation, but I'm sure she'll hear about the turnout. 🙂

Starting in about two hours it is going to get quite noisy here and not because of my DGS. 😟 Tile repair in one of the bedrooms is what will happen here today. So, even though it will be loud for a bit while they take out some existing planks it will be worth it to have it done before the furniture gets here next month. 😃 Progress!

Sharon, @Sharon in AZ, thank you for sharing your cruise experience with us. When will Craig be tested again? 

Wishing each of you a spectacular Saturday. 

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 24

Caramel Apple Martini::

Ingredients
2 parts DeKuyper® Pucker® Sour Apple Schnapps
2 parts Pinnacle® Original Vodka
1 parts DeKuyper® Buttershots® Schnapps

Instructions
Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.

Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 8.40.35 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 7

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Tropical Storm Alex dumped a fair amount of water in the Punta Gorda area with very light breezes. We were able to get our Friday morning golf league in with hardly a drop of rain as it started raining about 1pm and we finished at 11:30. Our course is closed today but I don't play on Saturdays anyway.

Been to Dominca 3 times and only left the ship the first time to walk around the town.

Thank's for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone from a very soggy SoFlo. It was raining all night,  however the winds were light. Looking at the local news this morning there is flooding especially in downtown Miami as usual. Skies out my window are very gray and it's still raining. I haven't been downstairs to check the roads or garage, will go in a little bit. Don't think I'm going to walk to get my cortadito and empanada this morning.  Weather should start clearing up around noon, hopefully the forecast is correct.

Wishing everyone a great weekend,

Mary

• Like 24

Good morning,

Happy Saturday.  

Applesauce is okay.  I can take it or leave it, don’t have a cat, but definitely like cheese and will have some later.  

Will skip the meal.  Broccoli is not my favorite, however, will try the wine.

Have been to Roseau quite a number of times.  Actually there was some good Duty Free shopping there.  I don’t know if those stores are still around after Covid.

I have been suffering a lot with my hands and trying to keep my typing to a minimum.  Still trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together again after being away for so long.  

If the weather holds up DH and I may go to the pool for a while today.  It may do me some good, especially if the water is warm.

Prayers for all that need them, especially those on the cares list and cheers to those who are celebrating and cruising.

Prayers for those in the path of the storm and who have contracted Covid.  

Take care every one and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 26

Good Morning from a rainy and breezy day at the beach

Weather suppose to stay like this until tomorrow. We need the rain. I feel bad for all those cruisers at Port Canaveral and the ports south of us today.   The ocean is churning pretty good, so no one out on the beach today.

@0106 Thanks for the recipe. Looks delicious!

My family all like chicken brocoli so I will look at those recipes Debbie posted to see if they are different. Thanks @dfish!

It will be a quiet weekend here due to the weather. My plan is to work on excursions for New Zealand.  I usually do a mixture of ships, private and just DIY.  The issue is whether or not they are accessible. Often, DH and I will split up because we sometimes have different interests and if our DD can be accommodated.  I am just grateful we can go at all.

To all those in the path of the storm stay safe. This is just the beginning and a little "dress rehearsal" for the season.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I like applesauce, and think I'd really enjoy the cake that @0106 posted.  Sochi gets hugs every day whether she wants them or not.  We may celebrate with wine and cheese later today.

It's another bright sunshiny day out there today for us - it's starting to feel like summer really may happen this year.  There was a danger of frost for parts of the province, but we weren't included in that, thankfully.  I feel for those who are stressed because of the tropical storm (Agatha/Alex???), it's always a worry.

@Sharon in AZwine at 10AM - you bet; you're on a holiday, go for it!  How is Craig doing?  Hopefully he's not feeling too unwell.

@dfishI'm happy to hear you're feeling so much better today; don't overdo it though.

Well today is the day that my birth family is going to be burying the ashes of my birth mother, and DH and I are officiating the service.   The cemetery is about 2 hours from here, so it's an easy drive for us.  The ashes of her husband are being interred as well, so it will be nice to be able to meet a couple of his children as well.  It's always exciting being able to meet new relatives when you're an adopted person.  

Because we'll be at the internment, there will be a lunch after, so I'm pretty sure I won't be making anything for dinner tonight.  Never fear though, when we do get home I'll be sure to get out the cheese and we can relax and enjoy it on the deck.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for the people of Ukraine and all who are suffering the effects of senseless gun violence.  Extra of course for our Daily family who are struggling to get through their days.  We'll clink our glasses together tonight to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay safe, get your boosters, wear masks when you need to, and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Saturday Daily, Rich.  No cat to hug.  My usual lunch is grilled Ham and Cheese, and the applesauce cake @0106 shows looks delightful, and the pasta sounds nice.  I love the Green quote and have been to Rousseau just once, on my segment of the 2014 Amsterdam world cruise.  I'll pass on the alternative menu suggestion since @richwmn's looks so good.

Today’s care list:

Dfish recovering from surgery
Sharon Dh and Bruno with covid
Malinda with stage 4 cancer
My cubmaster
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
Buddy with continuing problems
Dismomx5 and DH in covid quarantine but feeling better
From the rotation:
StLouisSal with weakening legs
1Angelcat facing expensive medicines
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Strength, peace, and healing for kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Platinum Jubilee for her Majesty
Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Heartgrove brother moved to rehab
Cruising-along with grandsons in Yellowstone
Productive doctor visit for Dfish
4 days for travelingbums (Jewel of the Seas, June 8-20)
Welcome home lazey1
Sharon in AZ (Oosterdam  to 6/13 + 6 days Venice) and StLouisCruisers and kb4683(Island Princess  to 6/29) at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for posting today's lists Roy.

Graham.

• Like 15

Good morning everyone. Looks like today will be a pool day for us. Two grandsons are coming for a visit and maybe a swim.

Prayers for all on our list and for those in the path of the storm. Stay safe Florida,

Carol

• Like 21