United Air says I need a negative covid test to fly to Vancouver??

Buddysmom10

Flying out (hopefully) tomorrow morning to board the Grand on Wednesday in Vancouver.

I will test with a proctor on Monday.

So I tried to check in with United today and it says I need a negative covid test to fly to Vancouver so it won't let me.

I'm fully vaxxed, up to date (2 shots + 2 boosters).

I've completed ArrriveCAN and received the QR code/receipt.

United says I need a negative Covid test to fly out( tried on desktop and their app) so I can't get a boarding pass. 

Any idea what is going on?

I'll just have to get in line at the airport very early. 

40 minutes ago, Buddysmom10 said:

Flying out (hopefully) tomorrow morning to board the Grand on Wednesday in Vancouver.

So I tried to check in with United today and it says I need a negative covid test to fly to Vancouver so it won't let me.

United says I need a negative Covid test to fly out( tried on desktop and their app) so I can't get a boarding pass. 

I checked United’s website and it says no covid test required if you’re fully vaccinated and fill out ArriveCAN.

Assume you are flying from the US and a US citizen.  You will scan your passport when you check in to get the boarding pass.

You probably have to get your boarding pass at the airport when you check in, as with most International flights.

On 6/4/2022 at 1:20 PM, Buddysmom10 said:

I need negative Covid test to fly Vancouver to LAX….just saying

On 6/4/2022 at 2:56 PM, arizonaperson said:

Some international destinations don’t let you check in online. I would call United, they would probably be the only ones to help you.

Have a nice flight and cruise.

On 6/4/2022 at 3:04 PM, PacnGoNow said:

I checked United’s website and it says no covid test required if you’re fully vaccinated and fill out ArriveCAN.

Assume you are flying from the US and a US citizen.  You will scan your passport when you check in to get the boarding pass.

You probably have to get your boarding pass at the airport when you check in, as with most International flights.

US to Canada is not treated like international.  You board in domestic gate area.  Something else wrong for this customer.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

Just looked at ours, I think you can upload your vaccine card and be good to go 

Agree, same as what we did with our flight Seattle to Toronto. Also have ArriveCAN app filled in & vax proof. Then do checkin.  If that doesn’t work call airline.