Princess new 2022 Drink Menus

I'm definitely a fan of early boarding. Get in there, get a quick meal and then start wandering. But then again I'm used to carting around two small children and preparing for delay contingencies 😄 

• Like 3

Just now, Cbtours said:

Lol and we depart 4? Well watch out for you strolling along the gangway

Boarding usually shuts off one hour before scheduled departure.😁 Planned arrival of 3pm would be cutting it too fine and probably result in a rush to get there before the deadline.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Lol and we depart 4? Well watch out for you strolling along the gangway

Dependent on sailaway time, Westerdam does not depart until 6pm on 23 Nov so 3pm will be fine.  

If it was a 4pm departure 2pm checkin would do me. I hate crowds.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, losfp said:

I'm definitely a fan of early boarding. Get in there, get a quick meal and then start wandering. But then again I'm used to carting around two small children and preparing for delay contingencies 😄 

Are you the Wiggles family, looks like it in the pic, with all due respect, lol.

Just now, NSWP said:

Dependent on sailaway time, Westerdam does not depart until 6pm on 23 Nov so 3pm will be fine.  

If it was a 4pm departure 2pm checkin would do me. I hate crowds.

I was just quoting the 4pm we leaving from Brisbane. Sydney on ruby 2020 was 6.45p departure and we left at 10pm

7 minutes ago, losfp said:

I mean... I can admire the dedication of something who wants to get their pier-runner commitments over and done with early, even before the cruise begins! 😄😄

Pure dedication 🥳🥳🥳

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Agreed. It doesn't take me as long to pack for husband as it does for me. 😁 Yes, I have to pack for him while he stands there looking helpless.

I used to do this too, until one time I was in trouble for how I packed something 🙄 

So now - I organise piles beside his suitcase of all the things I think he might want and DH now packs his own case - with precision I might add and no more complaints 😁

Edited by Porky55
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Haven't tried the MDR at boarding, will do next cruise we do.

The last few cruises we done, we were delivered to the terminal early between 10-10:30, as my B-I-L has had to be somewhere else by 11am. so were on board about 11:15-11:30.

To early to go to the cabin, been on the ship/ships several times before, so no need to explore, so have a quite nibble and drink. Head of to cabin about an hour later and unpack, then sit back and relax, well earnt after two days of hectic packing, and excitement we are finally going.😊

By the way I did'nt say it was me hectic packing, packing is a whole new story.....🤣

Actually, I like your boarding version for Princess, and for Coral we are heading to the International Cafe for a snack & a coffee. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Actually, I like your boarding version for Princess, and for Coral we are heading to the International Cafe for a snack & a coffee. 

IC is great.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

I used to do this too, until one time I was in trouble for how I packed something 🙄 

So now - I organise piles beside his suitcase of all the things I think he might want and DH now packs his own case - with precision I might add and no more complaints 😁

Well that's close to what happens at our place, except I select my own cloths.

I use a list. See below:

1/  Enter walk in closet, grab what ever I fancy.

2/  Drop on bed.

3/  Get large suitcase.

4/  Roll shirts and pack tight.

5/  Fold pants flat, pack tight.

6/  Shove a load of undies, socks, hankies, and what ever.

7/  Close case.

8/  20 minutes later, Look smug, (regret later)

See no problems.🤣

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Are you the Wiggles family, looks like it in the pic, with all due respect, lol

To be fair, that was our 2015 All Disney All the Time trip - Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise, Disneyland, Aulani Disney resort in Hawaii. So we had to do the matchy-matchy shirts 😄 

Now it's a bit different, the older girl is a grumpy teen

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Well that's close to what happens at our place, except I select my own cloths.

I use a list. See below:

1/  Enter walk in closet, grab what ever I fancy.

2/  Drop on bed.

3/  Get large suitcase.

4/  Roll shirts and pack tight.

5/  Fold pants flat, pack tight.

6/  Shove a load of undies, socks, hankies, and what ever.

7/  Close case.

8/  20 minutes later, Look smug, (regret later)

See no problems.🤣

How often have you had to buy something “somewhere” that you forgot to take!!!! Just saying it happens here regularly but only to one of us!!!!!

however what is taken is immaculately packed 😂😂😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

How often have you had to buy something “somewhere” that you forgot to take!!!! Just saying it happens here regularly but only to one of us!!!!!

And take out half of what you packed because you won't need it.  I can tell you now, formal wear, jackets and ties etc are not required any more  in Princess MDR on formal nights.  I doubt you will see a tuxedo as most pax will be be Aussies, probably even trying to get into the MDR in shorts and T shirt and thongs, lol.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Actually, never had to buy anything other than what I intended to buy while away.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it......😜

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

And take out half of what you packed because you won't need it.  I can tell you now, formal wear, jackets and ties etc are not required any more  in Princess MDR on formal nights.  I doubt you will see a tuxedo as most pax will be be Aussies, probably even trying to get into the MDR in shorts and T shirt and thongs, lol.

On our last several Princess cruises, I estimate that 20%-25% of the men wore dinner suits (tuxedos to Americans). The majority of the men wore dark suits with either a tie or a bow tie. No way was anyone allowed into the MDR with shorts/Tshirt or thongs (as in footwear 🤣). I saw men being politely turned away and that wasn't on formal night. Our last few Princess cruises were Australian-based in 2019 and 2020. That is 'recent' as far as cruising goes. 😁

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

On our last Princess cruise, just that happened, guy stood arguing with the Maitre d, demanding he had a right to wear what ever he liked. He didn't get in, thank goodness. But some "I've got rights" yobo will eventually ruin things, and there will be nowhere where good manners/dress sense is respected.

But not for a long time I hope.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

On our last Princess cruise, just that happened, guy stood arguing with the Maitre d, demanding he had a right to wear what ever he liked. He didn't get in, thank goodness. But some "I've got rights" yobo will eventually ruin things, and there will be nowhere where good manners/dress sense is respected.

If we continue to dress with class on formal nights, and encourage our younger companions to enjoy doing the same - the tradition should continue 💃🕺

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

I kid you not, on the Diamond Princess a man was allowed into the MDR on a daily basis, including on formal nights, with a windcheater jacket not unlike the one below, just because it had long sleeves. To add insult to injury, on formal night he would remove the "jacket" once seated to reveal an equally faded short sleeved polo shirt!  Yet they denied entry on formal night to smartly dressed passengers with long trousers and cotton short sleeved shirt.

Screenshot_20220611-161840_Google.thumb.jpg.44e95a1c98e7174f345739c08062561b.jpg

Just now, Jean C said:

I kid you not, on the Diamond Princess a man was allowed into the MDR on a daily basis, including on formal nights, with a windcheater jacket not unlike the one below, just because it had long sleeves. To add insult to injury, on formal night he would remove the "jacket" once seated to reveal an equally faded short sleeved polo shirt!  Yet they denied entry on formal night to smartly dressed passengers with long trousers and cotton short sleeved shirt.

Screenshot_20220611-161840_Google.thumb.jpg.44e95a1c98e7174f345739c08062561b.jpg

Wow! Not good. Needs to be same standards fir everyone as plenty of opportunity to eat elsewhere if you don’t want to dress up

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Wow! Not good. Needs to be same standards fir everyone as plenty of opportunity to eat elsewhere if you don’t want to dress up

Absolutely. Also on NCL we sat a couple of times close to the MDR entry and it was entertaining to watch why people were turned away (too casual). However, being from NZ our eye was drawn to a guy who had been let in, no doubt for having a collated shirt, only shirt was an All Black's pole shirt. They definitely need to clarify dress code with their staff!

12 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

If we continue to dress with class on formal nights, and encourage our younger companions to enjoy doing the same - the tradition should continue 💃🕺

We do as well, to a degree. Locally, absolutely. 

Flying over seas, I am not keen on carrying a tux around for a few weeks in my luggage just to wear it for a few hours one night. A white or dress shirt and a tie is more versatile, and easier on the luggage. I like that ships uphold a minimum standard, and it is a great occasion to see most of the passengers dressed to the nines.

• Like 2

Just now, Jean C said:

Absolutely. Also on NCL we sat a couple of times close to the MDR entry and it was entertaining to watch why people were turned away (too casual). However, being from NZ our eye was drawn to a guy who had been let in, no doubt for having a collated shirt, only shirt was an All Black's pole shirt. They definitely need to clarify dress code with their staff!

Wow.