Princess requiring masks again for Vancouver to Whittier

LCW

IT appears that Princess is now requiring masks onboard for cruises between Vancouver and Whittier.  Would like to confirm with someone who has been onboard recently, as Princess reps giving me different answers. 

• Like 1

Latest update on the Princess board:  "Please note that in an abundance of caution masks are required at all indoor locations on northbound and southbound Alaska voyages between Whittier and Vancouver until further notice. Masks will be provided to guests if needed." 

As shown above, masks are required on both the northbound and southbound Alaska voyages.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 11:28 AM, Italy52 said:

Latest update on the Princess board:  "Please note that in an abundance of caution masks are required at all indoor locations on northbound and southbound Alaska voyages between Whittier and Vancouver until further notice. Masks will be provided to guests if needed." 

As shown above, masks are required on both the northbound and southbound Alaska voyages.

Hope this is over by the time I cruise in September

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, gerig said:

Hope this is over by the time I cruise in September

It is what it is.  Are we happy about wearing masks, not really.  However, we love Alaska and will do whatever steps are necessary to go to our "happy place."

• Like 3

On 6/7/2022 at 8:53 AM, GloriaF said:

Sure hope this will also apply to Seattle cruises!!

Not sure it will be over but hoping to at least go back to no masks onboard again.

We enjoyed this on our recent Harmony April cruise and am hoping we won't have to wear a mask on our next flights and cruise's in July & September.

So, being told we CAN rebook, but they want to charge us a 75% cancellation fee, despite the fact that they are having outbreaks on the ships and we are high risk. Now we have to talk to the insurance company to see if they will compensate us for the cancellation fee due to our medical status.

We are on the Majestic for a 14-day cruise to Alaska sailing out of Vancouver.  There are many ships in the Orange zone and under investigation --- not going to worry about it. We plan to board the Majestic next Saturday and enjoy our trip to Alaska unless we hear otherwise from Princess.

6 minutes ago, LCW said:

italy52...Pls let us know about your experience....We'll be following you on the 2nd. 

Wish I could but we won't have access to the internet as we didn't purchase a package.  My suggestion is to go to the Princess board and see if someone is posting a "live or almost live report" seems like many cruisers who have access to internet on their cruise are doing this.  Sorry I can't be of help.

23 hours ago, LCW said:

OH, just found this out...CDC investigation ongoing for my ship...

image.png.7e29d0fd0978ca5f99bb34d7b1b1cdf5.png

Most of the nearly 90 ships are in orange.  All that means is that over .3% of both crew and passengers have tested positive (so maybe 10 or more). So far none have made it to the red (i've been signing in most days to check for the last month).  Red means that it is overwhelming the system I would suppose.   Still boggles my mind if everyone tests negative before boarding and are mostly vaccinated how people are getting sick.  Nevertheless this seems to be a much less virulent strain, no reports of numerous people ending up in the hospital and dying.  So I am still okay going and will wear the mask when appropriate.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BobbySu said:

Most of the nearly 90 ships are in orange.  All that means is that over .3% of both crew and passengers have tested positive (so maybe 10 or more). So far none have made it to the red (i've been signing in most days to check for the last month).  Red means that it is overwhelming the system I would suppose.   Still boggles my mind if everyone tests negative before boarding and are mostly vaccinated how people are getting sick.  Nevertheless this seems to be a much less virulent strain, no reports of numerous people ending up in the hospital and dying.  So I am still okay going and will wear the mask when appropriate.  

You do understand that, other than the K-95 surgical masks properly fitten and worn all the time, the paper and/or cloth masks offer almost zero levels of protection?

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, dan4182 said:

You do understand that, other than the K-95 surgical masks properly fitted and worn all the time, the paper and/or cloth masks offer almost zero levels of protection?

The policies are driven primarily for cruise lines to avoid legal liability for negligence and to make some of their passengers feel good about themselves. Actual health benefits are secondary and mostly illusory.

• Like 3

On 6/7/2022 at 11:53 AM, GloriaF said:

Sure hope this will also apply to Seattle cruises!!

I hope I have the right to decide what is right for me. I do wear a mask when the situation calls for it but my choice. 

• Like 1