Apex - Forward Facing Viewing Areas?

carolina_yankee

Does the Apex have any place for non-Retreat guests to watch sail away over the bow? One of my favorite things to do is to take picture of the from the front of the ship as we head out to sea or dock, but it looks like most of these areas are reserved for Retreat guests. 

Are the other areas for good viewing as we leave or dock in ports? Thanks!

1 minute ago, carolina_yankee said:

Does the Apex have any place for non-Retreat guests to watch sail away over the bow? One of my favorite things to do is to take picture of the from the front of the ship as we head out to sea or dock, but it looks like most of these areas are reserved for Retreat guests. 

Yes, if you are in the Iconic suite 🤑

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, carolina_yankee said:

Hi Dirk!!! 

The best you can do is a side view, or the magic carpet. The incline of the walking track as it approaches the top deck is pretty good.  Nice views from there as we sailed into San Juan on the Edge. 

5 hours ago, carolina_yankee said:

Yes you can!!! Go to the Spa and there is a door in the front that takes you out with these dudes to enjoy the sail away.  

IMG_3314.JPG

Edited by Sam.Seattle
typo
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Not on e class ships

And really not on the others either that have been “revolutionized.”

This move by Celebrity to restrict forward-facing public spaces to suite guests imho is a real negative. It’s one thing to have a suite-only restaurant, since non-suite guests have alternatives. But there are no alternatives to the forward-facing spaces. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, carolina_yankee said:

HaHa   You've found one of the most discussed "features" of the E-class ships.  Now you're probably going to ask where you can get a conventional balcony on the side of the ship without booking a suite.

13 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Yes you can!!! Go to the Spa and there is a door in the front that takes you out with these dudes to enjoy the sail away.  

IMG_3314.JPG

Is that area accessible at sailaway? I was denied entry on the Edge during the cruise. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, D C said:

Is that area accessible at sailaway? I was denied entry on the Edge during the cruise. 

It's a toss up. I was able to access it on the first day because of the spa preview, but then it was not accessible for the rest of the cruise.

7 hours ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

It's a toss up. I was able to access it on the first day because of the spa preview, but then it was not accessible for the rest of the cruise.

When we were in the Iconic Suite, there were people there every day. I had access to the spa and never found the door to be locked over a three week period of time.

1 hour ago, Sam.Seattle said:

When we were in the Iconic Suite, there were people there every day. I had access to the spa and never found the door to be locked over a three week period of time.

It's the access to the spa area that's generally restricted. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

On S Class ships you can go through the doors in the gym to access the area outside. It’s a similar area that was shown in the photo outside the spa on E Class ships. 

Shhh.....😉

On 6/7/2022 at 7:44 PM, Sam.Seattle said:

Wait until you go next time and find 500  passengers there, now that you let the secret out of the box.  LOL

BTW -  While not open air you get a forward facing view from the Fitness Center.  They treadmills all face forward overlooking Forward.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Haha 1