What is your Favorite Kitchen Equipment that they may have on the Ship or have at Home.....

BklynBoy8

I so happy with all the topics we discussion and I have started on this board and our interactions.

Well I am so happy when we are on board to always go on the Kitchen Tour and see all that stuff and equipment they use. I sort of miss my kitchen and cooking at home. But there are special items I like to use at home and have quite a selection. They can be Small to Large and unique. Even several items are small but I couldn't live without it. Everytime I go to a store and see something I am interested, like a kid in a toy store, I love to buy something I will help.

So do you have anything special that you use at home you like or can't live without and is so helpful with you culinary talents.

I will add some down the line and see what other items we can add and discuss.

• Immersion Blender
  • Salad Spinner for Salads, Herb Washer. Of course the other parts can be used like a strainer and bottom bowl extra bowl
  • Coffee Grinder for crushing spices besides coffee to name a few
  • Cast Iron Muffin Pan.....great Muffins
  • My Cast Iron Frying Pan collect.....
  • Soup Pot collection (almost close to the Size on board)
  •  to name a few.....

49 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I so happy with all the topics we discussion and I have started on this board and our interactions.

Well I am so happy when we are on board to always go on the Kitchen Tour and see all that stuff and equipment they use. I sort of miss my kitchen and cooking at home. But there are special items I like to use at home and have quite a selection. They can be Small to Large and unique. Even several items are small but I couldn't live without it. Everytime I go to a store and see something I am interested, like a kid in a toy store, I love to buy something I will help.

So do you have anything special that you use at home you like or can't live without and is so helpful with you culinary talents.

I will add some down the line and see what other items we can add and discuss.

• Immersion Blender
  • Salad Spinner for Salads, Herb Washer. Of course the other parts can be used like a strainer and bottom bowl extra bowl
  • Coffee Grinder for crushing spices besides coffee to name a few
  • Cast Iron Muffin Pan.....great Muffins
  • My Cast Iron Frying Pan collect.....
  • Soup Pot collection (almost close to the Size on board)
  •  to name a few.....

Let’s not forget the stainless colander, the Chinese spider scoop, the stainless wire mesh strainer, stainless tongs and most importantly your knife collection in wooden block holder with hand held sharpener.  I’m just getting started…lol.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Let’s not forget the stainless colander, the Chinese spider scoop, the stainless wire mesh strainer, stainless tongs and most importantly your knife collection in wooden block holder with hand held sharpener.  I’m just getting started…lol.

I think we both and more are starting to get started.

To continue....

• Stock Pots not to be confused with Soup ones of Large Size from my father that was a Chef. These are the ones that cook over night to make Stock.
  • Panini Press for those great Sandwiches of meats and melts.
  • Sausage Maker....
  • Bouillon Makers... to make broth when on the spot
  • Array of Knives from Paring to Chefs to Roast Beef Knife for thin cuts.
  •  

I have a small offset stainless steel spatula that I use constantly. Spreading butter, separating slices of bacon or cheese that don't want to peel apart, getting a bit of mustard out of the jar, fishing out a cherry or olive to garnish a drink, stirring said drink. I use it for a lot more than spreading! 

Lest I forget my special pots and pans.  Way back in the 1980’s Revere Ware made a gourmet set of pans.  They were copper with two layers of stainless.  They were so good they could not sell them to the regular Revere Ware customers.  They ended up in a Revere Ware discount store in Freeport Maine…close to LL Bean.  I bought two full sets…and they were not cheap.  I put them in storage and I was finally able to get them out last year.  They are beautiful…my pride and joy…and they really work great!

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We bought a Wok about 30 years ago .The best cooking item ever.

Love Stir Fries.......Dumplings, Bok Choy and even regular use like steaming with baskets. 

Years ago, I bought a slow cooker when they first were available.  I have used it a few times with the best preparation was Chili cooking during a very cold, snowy Winter day.  The insert was not removable.  So, cleaning it was a PITA.  That's the main reason I have not used it again.  

On 6/14/2022 at 11:55 PM, baelor said:
  • KitchenAid blender & pasta maker attachments (lasts for literal decades)
  • All-Clad Coppercore pots & pans (same)
  • Mandolin
  • Bar kit
  • Wok

Have to agree on the mandoline--it's not commonly found outside of restaurant kitchens in the US, but if used properly and carefully, it is a wonderful time saver. But beware its sting! A cook friend of mine sliced into the pad of his thumb once whilst julienning carrots and once they'd stitched him up at the emergency room, it looked like they'd played a game of tic-tac-toe on his thumb.

35 minutes ago, CntPAcruiser said:

Have to agree on the mandoline--it's not commonly found outside of restaurant kitchens in the US, but if used properly and carefully, it is a wonderful time saver. But beware its sting! A cook friend of mine sliced into the pad of his thumb once whilst julienning carrots and once they'd stitched him up at the emergency room, it looked like they'd played a game of tic-tac-toe on his thumb.

This happens to professional that doesn't use the safety pad the comes with it.

I always uses it. Better safe than sorry...

10 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

This happens to professional that doesn't use the safety pad the comes with it.

I always uses it. Better safe than sorry...

So true! Most don't, though, because it's inconvenient and gets in the way. But if you're not well practiced with a mandoline, it's best to use the safety guard.

• Like 1