Booking a guaranteed balcony

The Collie

This is just a standard balcony...not delux, or  Balcony Obstructed, Deluxe Balcony Obstructed room. 

They cannot give you a balcony room with an obstruction unless it I paid for the guaranteed balcony obstructed correct?

I have no preference for where the cabin would be or the size, but I just want to be certain I somehow won't get an obstructed view. 

8 minutes ago, The Collie said:

This is just a standard balcony...not delux, or  Balcony Obstructed, Deluxe Balcony Obstructed room. 

They cannot give you a balcony room with an obstruction unless it I paid for the guaranteed balcony obstructed correct?

I have no preference for where the cabin would be or the size, but I just want to be certain I somehow won't get an obstructed view. 

Yes, that's true. But are you sure there isn't an unobstructed balcony that you wouldn't like to have? There are some locations that I wouldn't like.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Yes, that's true. But are you sure there isn't an unobstructed balcony that you wouldn't like to have? There are some locations that I wouldn't like.

Being by where there are smokers however I'll take the chance. 

• Like 1

Sea Hag is correct. If you book a guarantee for a "regular" balcony you will get at least a "regular" balcony. There is, of course, a slight chance you might be assigned a higher category of balcony but you will receive, at minimum, the category you chose.

You need to look at every cabin in the category you booked and every higher category to see. Technically, you could book a Cat BF cabin and be upgraded to a Cat DV, DW, or DZ. Because they are deluxe balcony cabins, Princess considers them to be higher categories even though they have solid steel railings instead of glass or overlook lifeboats. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nini said:

We have determined that we like to be in control of our booked cabin and book exactly the cabin we want. Otherwise, who know where you end up?

Sometimes all that is available to book in a category is a GTY.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Sometimes all that is available to book in a category is a GTY.

So very true. Typically, we book very early so we have that control, but sometimes, that may not be so.