NCL already cancelling 2023 Viva cruises?

Had someone on FB report that their cruise in June of 2003 (likely the inaugural one) has been cancelled, as has the one following. I haven't seen it officially elsewhere, but all of the June 2023 Viva cruises are no longer on the NCL website. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Had someone on FB report that their cruise in June of 2003 (likely the inaugural one) has been cancelled, as has the one following. I haven't seen it officially elsewhere, but all of the June 2023 Viva cruises are no longer on the NCL website. 

Stuff happens......

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.b8a584577c2b99e0ab288bd4b6ba74a4.png

Yes. We were booked on the June 15th and the next cruise after that. So far nothing about the second cruise but we are not hopeful. If it is not cancelled we will probably cancel out of fear of a last minute cancelation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alynna715 said:

image.thumb.png.b8a584577c2b99e0ab288bd4b6ba74a4.png

Yes. We were booked on the June 15th and the next cruise after that. So far nothing about the second cruise but we are not hopeful. If it is not cancelled we will probably cancel out of fear of a last minute cancelation. 

The cancellation notice says June 15 and June 24 sailings have been cancelled. Wouldn't the 24ths cruise be the next cruise after the 15ths? Just asking.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Aren't we talking about June 2023?  How is that after final payment?

I assume they mean it is better that NCL do this and cancel a year out like this, rather than what they did with the Prima when they cancelled just after people had made final payment.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

I assume they mean it is better that NCL do this and cancel a year out like this, rather than what they did with the Prima when they cancelled just after people had made final payment.

Thanks.  My bad.  I misunderstood the post.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Yesimapirate said:

We live in a world of supply chain delays and logistics issues.   That delays everything.

It doesn't affect me but I'd rather something cancel a year out than after final payment. 

As someone who once had a river cruise chartered out from under us after we made final payment, I agree 100%. Much better to have a year to make alternate plans than to have to scramble to make new quick plans.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, saleaaway said:

mine was canceled yesterday for a June 25, 2023 date.  Only good thing I'll say is I'm getting an additional 10% off our next cruise.  

Unfortunately the 10% is only valid until 20 June 2023 and therefore doesn't even cover the original cruise date so I won't be able to use it 😞

• Like 1

17 hours ago, saleaaway said:

mine was canceled yesterday for a June 25, 2023 date.  Only good thing I'll say is I'm getting an additional 10% off our next cruise.  

Which future cruises jacked up 25%.  Let us know how it goes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

At least I have a quasi-backup plan.  We're going on the Viva on the Sept 13 ten-day Mediterranean trip ex-Athens; they have another ten-day cruise ex-Rome on the Breakaway (same start and end dates) with many of the same ports.  If the Viva gets delayed beyond that point, I'll just punt and be mildly disappointed.

• Like 1

I went back to my NCL Rep and we booked on the   Breakaway going to Greece and Italy, May 25th of 2023.  Actually price was much better, and because of everything he actually upgraded us to a mini suite, some other perks, besides all of the goodies they are giving out right now.  10% should hit my account by friday or monday.  I'm sorry about the ship but excited about the trip

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Our last cruise was in 2019 and I haven't been paying much attention to cruise news, so I was excited when I found an itinerary that I liked on the Viva, sailing July 21, 2023.  I've been so out of the loop that I didn't realize that this ship's inaugural voyage wasn't until next summer, then found out about the June cancellations.  

I've now read that the Prima was delayed too, but don't know by how long.  How many scheduled sailings were cancelled for the Prima?  I'm assuming that June 2023 cancellations for the Viva don't bode well for the July sailings?  I'm torn between booking this cruise and waiting it out, or just choosing another cruise with an itinerary that I'm not as excited about.  

On 6/15/2022 at 2:16 AM, pinklady65 said:

Unfortunately the 10% is only valid until 20 June 2023 and therefore doesn't even cover the original cruise date so I won't be able to use it 😞

@pinklady65, you might want to double check the terms of your discount. It may very well be that you simply need to book your next cruise by June 20, 2023 to get the discount. The cruise can probably be later than that. Worth a look...

• 1 month later...

Sorry to drag this thread out of cold storage, but something might be lurking for July and August 2023 sailings for the Viva.

All of the July cruises and all but the last one in August have "disappeared" from the NCL webpage.  Might be a computer glitch, might just be a wait-and-see before they make a formal decision, but does cause some concerns.

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Sorry to drag this thread out of cold storage, but something might be lurking for July and August 2023 sailings for the Viva.

All of the July cruises and all but the last one in August have "disappeared" from the NCL webpage.  Might be a computer glitch, might just be a wait-and-see before they make a formal decision, but does cause some concerns.

Saw the same. We are booked on the 9/4 sailing, which *could* be the second sailing, and first to Greece and Turkey.

2 minutes ago, sjacobs11 said:

Saw the same. We are booked on the 9/4 sailing, which *could* be the second sailing, and first to Greece and Turkey.

Ours is the one after yours.  My concern is if this is due to construction delays, September's would be the next to go.

On 6/13/2022 at 5:20 PM, SpacemanSpiff said:

Had someone on FB report that their cruise in June of 2003 (likely the inaugural one) has been cancelled, as has the one following. 

I would think that after 19 years, they'd be over it by now. 😜

• Haha 4

On 6/15/2022 at 4:31 PM, saleaaway said:

I went back to my NCL Rep and we booked on the   Breakaway going to Greece and Italy, May 25th of 2023.  Actually price was much better, and because of everything he actually upgraded us to a mini suite, some other perks, besides all of the goodies they are giving out right now.  10% should hit my account by friday or monday.  I'm sorry about the ship but excited about the trip

And here I am thinking that booking a brand new ship in these virus hysteria times would be naive ... you had a great strategy and wound up a winner.  Well done!

We’re booked for July 3 with kids and grandkids in the haven. No idea if it’s going or not. Would like a back-up but not sure what would work. Kids are 15,17,19 so ship would be perfect for them. Need some suggestions. Not limited to cruises but the inclusion of July 4 works vacation wise. Also want luxury. (Haven). 
thoughts and suggestions?