Blu restaurants?

Dunnedg

What’s on these menus that folks talk about not liking?  Sailing Aqua for the first time on EQ in Sept..I plan to eat in Blu a good bit.  I can usually find something I like on any menu.

I have seen this request more than once here.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

7 minutes ago, Tudorcruisers said:

Last time we cruised and were eating in Blu we we’re so unimpressed we ate in the MDR.  I was really disappointed as had been looking forward to Blu. 

And we feel the opposite.  We book Aqua because of the menus in Blu.  Food is subjective as different people have different tastes. 

Getting food from the MDR menu is certainly possible depending on staffing and the ship.

To the OP - welcome as a new poster.  Always good to have new people.  Strongly suggest you  do an advanced search as you question about Blu and MDR food has been asked and answered many times in just the last couple months.  It is the fastest and easiest way to get answers.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We love Blu, in fact prefer it to Luminae.  In addition to the things listed on the menu there are some other things that are available; shrimp cocktail, cesaer salad, mashed or baked potato, french onion soup come to mind.  

If you are sailing on a M Class ship then you normally can order from the MDR menu as the kitchens are in the same area.  On S Class Blu is on Deck 5 aft and its kitchen is there.  The MDR kitchen is mid-ship on deck 2 so quite a hike for a waiter to go get food.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tudorcruisers said:

Last time we cruised and were eating in Blu we we’re so unimpressed we ate in the MDR.  I was really disappointed as had been looking forward to Blu. 

You can order from the main dining room in Blu. I just got off the Equinox on Sunday. Ordered from the main dining room on Saturday night. They will bring whatever you want. 

We like Blu too.  On a B3B, our first segment was in a suite, so we ate in Luminae.  Then we moved back to our original cabin in AQ and ate in Blu.  We felt we had come home!  Much preferred Blu to Luminae.  We hope Blu adds to the enjoyment of your cruise, OP.

On the Equinox in Blu, we were able to order from MDR Menu.  We asked the first night and every night after that they brought us the menu.  Most nights, we would mix and match from both menus. 

Blu was wonderful with great service.  We had the same waitstaff every night.  

🍹

Thanks all for taking the time to respond. Thanks in particular to Jenjohncourt and Pinksandgirl who appear to have answered my question.

We are on Eclipse sailing from Vancouver. Not saying we wont like the menu in Blu but like to keep our options open. Normally sail on much smaller ships (Seabourn) and as such prefer a smaller restaurant. The evening meal is in many ways our evening entertainment so want the best available in the best environment. Thanks again.

Edited by Dunnedg
  • Like 1

I think the first night was the only time we only ordered off the Blu menu. Every other night it was a mix of Blue items and MDR items. Some nights we just weren't interested in the Blu offerings, but loved the dining room and the staff. 

4 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We like Blu too.  On a B3B, our first segment was in a suite, so we ate in Luminae.  Then we moved back to our original cabin in AQ and ate in Blu.  We felt we had come home!  Much preferred Blu to Luminae.  We hope Blu adds to the enjoyment of your cruise, OP.

I have to agree with you.   We normally travel in Suites and after awhile the Luminae menu can become really boring.   We have traveled in AQ and eaten in Blu and find their menu has many more selections and I 've enjoyed them quite a bit.

As for the OP Questions.   On M and S class ships we have been able to order from MDR menu in both Luminae and Blu.   It is not an option on E Class because they each have different kitchens.

5 hours ago, Dunnedg said:

Traveling Aqua Class which gives access to Blu Restaurant. I you don’t like the menu any evening can you order from the main restaurant menu and have it served in Blu?

There are plenty of choices available on the Blu menu.  Whether you can order from the MDR menu will depend on the ship, management policy in the restaurant, staffing, etc.  It is a good walk to bring food from the MDR to Blu.  If we are interested in the menu that night in the MDR, we make arrangements to eat there.  A change in venue can be fun and won't inconvenience staff.  

• Thanks 1

We did a bid up to Aqua class to try Blu and would never do that again.

After finding the menu items less than appealing we went to the MDR and they told us we could order from the MDR menu In Blu. We ended up doing that A lot.

the low ceilings in Blu amplified the crowd noise and we felt confined so while I’m glad we tried it I would never pay to upgrade from a regular balcony cabin to Aqua again.

to each his ( or her) own..

We just got off the Solstice.  We did the MoveUp to Aqua and absolutely LOVED Blu.  The food and service were great.  We ate one night in Murano- impeccable! Then we ate one night in the Tuscan Grille- we have to send two entrees back and then the “replacement” entree was a repeat of the prior microwaved Olive Garden food!  We actually left and went to Blu that night for dessert.  Ogi, the Blu manager, was so apologetic and wanted to make it right.  The staff also made my daughter and her new fiancé feel very special after they became engaged on Day 4.  
It was our first time sailing with Celebrity, and we won’t sail if we can’t be in Aqua.  

For the OP, it does look like your question was answered, but I just want to add that I'm among those who like Blu and its menu even more than the much touted Luminae. We're sailing Retreat Class on the Summit in September, and I'm definitely going to be looking at the Blu menu each night. I hope you'll find something you like. 

And, as mentioned, our experience has been that you can order off other DR menus in Blu (and Luminae) on the M-Class and S-Class ships (Eclipse is S-Class). Haven't yet been on an E-Class ship, but have heard it is more difficult due to galley locations. Hope you have a great cruise. 

We have only sailed Aqua twice ( both 14 night cruises) and love the Blu menus. We also love the quiet of Blu. We find the MDR too noisy and there always seems to be banging dishes

I will add that Blu breakfast is wonderful!!

My DH is a fussy eater .

• Like 2

Isn’t it interesting how we are all different?
Cant recall ever having a bad meal on a cruise. Some things better than others.

We are not fussy so know we will always find something we like. Just looking for variety
I am sure we will be fine. Thanks for all comments

18 minutes ago, Provence55always said:

Anyone know what Blu is like on the Constellation.  

We were on a B2B on the Connie in December, first leg in a SS and the second leg in AQ. Since then we only book AQ cabins. The food in Blu definitely had less seasoning added and the portions were a little smaller, both of which we definitely appreciated. 

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We were on a B2B on the Connie in December, first leg in a SS and the second leg in AQ. Since then we only book AQ cabins. The food in Blu definitely had less seasoning added and the portions were a little smaller, both of which we definitely appreciated. 

Thank you…..good to know. Hopefully the same chef will be in charge in October.

• Like 1