Just learned - OceanMedallion App will only show 3 journeys

Torfamm

After long discussions with four different Ocean Navigators about why a booked cruise would not show in My Journeys in the OceanReady Profile, one of them finally put me on hold for 10 minutes and returned to say that the app is only able to show 3 booked cruises at a time. I did suggest that he share that information with all of his colleagues.

For everyone who is struggling with a cruise that won't show up in the app, that could be the answer if you have more than 3 booked trips. Hopefully the missing booking will appear after my next cruise. 

5 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

After long discussions with four different Ocean Navigators about why a booked cruise would not show in My Journeys in the OceanReady Profile, one of them finally put me on hold for 10 minutes and returned to say that the app is only able to show 3 booked cruises at a time. I did suggest that he share that information with all of his colleagues.

For everyone who is struggling with a cruise that won't show up in the app, that could be the answer if you have more than 3 booked trips. Hopefully the missing booking will appear after my next cruise. 

Mine shows 4.

• Haha 1

At one time, my app showed all 4 cruises.  I find the app to be , well, "to be".

Other glitches:

1.  One of my cruises is booked with 2 different booking numbers but shows up as a b2b.

2.  When I called about a missing reservation, agent told me that I had some missing information.  She filled in emergency contact, home airport, and a few other details.  I refreshed app and it showed up.  I don't know why some information (like my passport) ported over but the others did not.  I can't remember if this is something I could have done in my personalizer.  

I am sorry this agent gave you the wrong information.

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

At one time, my app showed all 4 cruises.  I find the app to be , well, "to be".

Other glitches:

1.  One of my cruises is booked with 2 different booking numbers but shows up as a b2b.

2.  When I called about a missing reservation, agent told me that I had some missing information.  She filled in emergency contact, home airport, and a few other details.  I refreshed app and it showed up.  I don't know why some information (like my passport) ported over but the others did not.  I can't remember if this is something I could have done in my personalizer.  

Voila!  My two B2B's are showing as a single cruise. SO frustrated with agents who still obviously need a lot of training.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Other glitches:

B2b’s are shown as 1 cruise with the beginning snd ending dates. Same ship, of course.

We had six b2b’s on the same ship with all different booking numbers.  On the website they show the cabin nos and all the booking numbers.  But, on the App

just looks like one long cruise.

Was no problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Torfamm said:

Voila!  My two B2B's are showing as a single cruise. SO frustrated with agents who still obviously need a lot of training.

They are shown as one cruise, if they are b2b on the App.  On the website, they will show as separate cruises with booking numbers.

It is also not letting me order a medallion for the second cruise.  

I also hope we will not have a problem with dining as we are in a suite in the second cruise and a balcony for the first.  Also, if the medallion shows only the first cruise information to staff, it will not have the correct cabin number for charges for the second cruise.

9 hours ago, montgomeryfamily said:

It is also not letting me order a medallion for the second cruise.  

I also hope we will not have a problem with dining as we are in a suite in the second cruise and a balcony for the first.  Also, if the medallion shows only the first cruise information to staff, it will not have the correct cabin number for charges for the second cruise.

You only get one medallion for the b2b’s. When you start on the 2nd cruise, the medallion knows your cabin no. 
Does the DMW show your dates for the whole trip?   I know with a suite you don’t need a reservation, but the balcony you should be able to reserve. 

• Like 1

Yes the DMW shows the entire date and it doesn't give an option for club class on the second week.  It also is not giving the reservation for the complimentary specialty dining--it insisted on payment, which we didn't make so it did not make the reservation.

Also we are getting the personalized celebration insert for the second week which requires the rectangular holder.  We want the regular circular holder for the first week so I can wear it in a bracelet.  How will we be able to do this if they don't send a medallion for each cruise?

13 minutes ago, montgomeryfamily said:

Yes the DMW shows the entire date and it doesn't give an option for club class on the second week.  It also is not giving the reservation for the complimentary specialty dining--it insisted on payment, which we didn't make so it did not make the reservation.

Also we are getting the personalized celebration insert for the second week which requires the rectangular holder.  We want the regular circular holder for the first week so I can wear it in a bracelet.  How will we be able to do this if they don't send a medallion for each cruise?

If your in a suite, just call or show up at the specialty restaurant and let them know. They will take care of you.

Order the customized ocean medallion on the App.  Then, stop at guest relations and tell them you would like a regular 

medallion to wear in your bracelet for the first cruise. It takes only a few minutes.

They can just reprogram the customized one for the 2nd cruise. 

On 6/14/2022 at 1:03 PM, pris993 said:

Princess switched ships on my cruise, app does not show right ship now.  Cruise not till December.  Waiting to see if shows up with update.

I have the same issue. I cancelled the when the Ruby was redeployed to Galveston and booked 2 cruises out of LA. One shows up but the other overlaps the dates of my se and cruise. It shows me still on the Ruby and disembarking on a sea day😂😂  I talked to medallion support and am in the queue to get fixed. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 11:51 AM, PacnGoNow said:

You only get one medallion for the b2b’s. When you start on the 2nd cruise, the medallion knows your cabin no. 
Does the DMW show your dates for the whole trip?   I know with a suite you don’t need a reservation, but the balcony you should be able to reserve. 

The medallion knows nothing it's just an unique number generator.

It's your cabin that knows your medallion number.

21 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thanks for that insightful explanation.

That was the simplified version there are sensors(small white round disks) all over the ship tracking your medallion.

Edited by insidecabin