JUST SAVED OVER $3000 ON BOOKED CRUISE ON WEBSITE

rabin1

I had a booking that I had paid in full all but $150. It is not until December and was over $10000 as I travel solo. It is CC dead center of ship. I watch it every day mainly looking for cruises for the Caribbean next year & check it as well.. About an hour ago It went down over $3000 on the web site. I took tons of pictures in case they told me it was a mistake. Took me an hour to get my PVP and I got it. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited.

I guess the point is keep checking their web sites

Kathy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

I had a booking that I had paid in full all but $150. It is not until December and was over $10000 as I travel solo. It is CC dead center of ship. I watch it every day mainly looking for cruises for the Caribbean next year & check it as well.. About an hour ago It went down over $3000 on the web site. I took tons of pictures in case they told me it was a mistake. Took me an hour to get my PVP and I got it. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited.

I guess the point is keep checking their web sites

Kathy

Awesome!  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, liamur14 said:

Wow, thanks for the notice, ours dropped 2000$ Canadian. I contacted  our TA and hope she can drop our price.Do you normally get the price drop when they drop it?  fingers crossed. 

Hi

As I said in my first post as soon as I saw it I called and emailed the PVP and he saw it too and I got it. Now they owe me almost $3000. Hope you get it too.....................

Thanks so much Rabin1 for your posts. Been keeping an eye on our cruise prices for October but haven't checked for a few days. Sure enough, they have dropped (not as much as yours but enough to contact TA to get re-fare).

This is why I still love Cruise Critic 🙂

Cheers,

John

• Like 1

8 hours ago, liamur14 said:

Wow, thanks for the notice, ours dropped 2000$ Canadian. I contacted  our TA and hope she can drop our price.Do you normally get the price drop when they drop it?  fingers crossed. 

I too am Canadian and had just paid our cruise in full on June 9 it was final payment... the next week it dropped almost 2000.00.. hoping i will get something ...fingers crossed...good luck if you are before final payment i Believe it is much easier..

• Like 1

I saved $700 on my October cruise when I saw a price drop last month. I didn't know Princess honored the price drops, but I took a chance and called. I am so glad I did! Keep those eyes peeled, folks!

• Like 1

Guys

I am happy I was able to get some of you some extra money back. If you reread my initial post, what I do is pay it all off every cruise way before my due date all but $150. This way if the fare drops I am pretty sure I will get  the drop. I have never had one this much before but it sure made me a happy camper.

Like I said above it pays to keep on top of these prices on the web site. We all know PVP and TA don't do it for us. We have to be proactive in anything we do in this world now......................

Good Luck everyone

Kathy

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

Guys

I am happy I was able to get some of you some extra money back. If you reread my initial post, what I do is pay it all off every cruise way before my due date all but $150. This way if the fare drops I am pretty sure I will get  the drop. I have never had one this much before but it sure made me a happy camper.

Like I said above it pays to keep on top of these prices on the web site. We all know PVP and TA don't do it for us. We have to be proactive in anything we do in this world now......................

Good Luck everyone

Kathy

So true!  Do you use a TA or a CVP? 

I have not been able to get a fare reduction AFTER final payment using a TA,  PCL always refuses. 😞

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

So true!  Do you use a TA or a CVP? 

I have not been able to get a fare reduction AFTER final payment using a TA,  PCL always refuses. 😞

That is why I pay all but $150 until the very last day.

I use a PVP

Kathy

5 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

That is why I pay all but $150 until the very last day.

I use a PVP

Kathy

Not sure what $150 has to do with it?  I must be missing something. 🤔

I had 2 cups of coffee already, too. 😳

And AFTER final payment are you able to get a price reduction?  

22 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Not sure what $150 has to do with it?  I must be missing something. 🤔

I had 2 cups of coffee already, too. 😳

And AFTER final payment are you able to get a price reduction?  

The $150 is a number I picked you can obviously pick whatever you want.

I am NOT talking after final payment. Please reread my postS. I have never tried after final payment

Kathy

1 minute ago, rabin1 said:

I am NOT talking after final payment. Please reread my postS. I have never tried after final payment

Kathy

Thank you.  Appreciate it.

8 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

Kathy

why not? - I've refared many times after final ... CVP

j/s

• Like 1

Rabin1, this is great news for you! It seems that Princess has quietly extended its heavily discounted solo supplement through the end of the year for many cruises (including this one). I believe it was previously available through sometime in June. I'm in the industry and haven't seen any formal announcement about it but searching fares suggests that's the reason for your huge, well-deserved price drop!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sfoh said:

Rabin1, this is great news for you! It seems that Princess has quietly extended its heavily discounted solo supplement through the end of the year for many cruises (including this one). I believe it was previously available through sometime in June. I'm in the industry and haven't seen any formal announcement about it but searching fares suggests that's the reason for your huge, well-deserved price drop!

Since your in the industry….

have you heard if they are extending the

book with confidence beyond Sep 30, 22?

TIA

7 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Since your in the industry….

have you heard if they are extending the

book with confidence beyond Sep 30, 22?

TIA

I have not seen anything that suggests it, so far. The last update given in late May still cites Sept. 30, 2022. For comparison's sake, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity also extend through Sept. 30, but it only applies to bookings made by March 31. I really like the added flexibility that Princess provides. Holland America does have extended flexibility through to December 31, so hoping Princess will mirror its sister brand 🙂

• Thanks 2

Re-faring before final payment should be very easy and painless for everyone, regardless if you've paid just a deposit, full fare, or anything in between.

I have always been able to re-fare before final payment with no questions asked. Sometimes multiple times for the same cruise. And I usually only pay the deposit up front so I don't even have to wait for them to give me a refund, it just lowers the balance due.

• Like 1

I’m on a short Baja cruise in September.  (This gets me to elite, for what it’s worth.)  The original fare began at $850ish for a Caribe deck balcony on Diamond.  Then it dropped to $708 about 6 weeks ago.  Today it dropped to $545 including taxes and port charges!  I was outside of final payment so I did the live chat.  She could not see the lower fare but only the $708.  I had her cancel my cruise then I immediately went online and retrieved my same cabin.  I’m a happy camper!

• Like 3