Live report for Coral Princess 16th June

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

THE SOUFFLE!!!!!!

I'll really know I'm on a Princess ship when I take the first mouthful of souffle at lunch. 😊😊😊

Franks apple tart looked divine!!!!

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

The stewards will put your hanging clothes on a mobile dress rack and wheel it to your new cabin and hang it for you.

That’s great because in the protocols re B2B we had to pack if moving cabin 

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Apple tart I can have any time but souffles that someone else has cooked are special.😁

This was no ordinary apple tart!!!! My phone was on charge or I’d have taken a photo

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Any sign of the ship moving?

Hand on I’ll go on my balcony. 
they e not untied the ropes but they’re waiting next to them with radios ready. We saw the pilot coming up the river before. 

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

I’m going to try all the normal live decadent chocolate on this cruise

The Norman Love Chocolate Journeys desserts were fantastic, but I don't think they have them any more. I particularly liked the one with gold trimmings.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The Norman Love Chocolate Journeys desserts were fantastic, but I don't think they have them any more. I particularly liked the one with gold trimmings.

Yes, some of them were great. I don't think I liked all of them though.

• Like 1

Oh my gosh! Relax everyone. Not a word about rat photos, we asked, they’re not even really aware of it. Got dropped at 10.50 (40 mins ahead of time. Heaps of helpers showing way and just had to have our app showing our colour (green). No one said we were too early. Right through, lady in front of desk with iPad type thing, looked at our physical vac cert not the one in the app! . Didn’t check our physical passports or DL because it all came up on her screen. The lady at counter then gave us our medallions.

ushered through to security. Right through and followed people direction at every turn. Heaps of the crew lined the last bit cheering every and shouting Aussie Aussie Aussie lol.

we had to remove masks to Id then it was step onto ship. Whole princess 10 minutes and we were in our cabin. 
hmmm suite! Trouble is will I ever manage a balcony room again.lol

our mini bar set up plus whole bottle of champagne they have swapped for two coffee cards and two soda packages! That’s pretty good in our estimation.

Mai very impressed with the whole process so far. We have watched our safety video and are now heading out to register at our muster station. Then we’ll head to msg for lunch🥰🥰

here’s the first princess patter Cdaze71!!DD546E8C-9634-4558-9631-2DD29CB61DF7.thumb.jpeg.ee7185bb4ee284ad1cd644c4239a55b8.jpegDD546E8C-9634-4558-9631-2DD29CB61DF7.thumb.jpeg.ee7185bb4ee284ad1cd644c4239a55b8.jpeg

FC76BED7-F1DC-4CB0-8532-8D7025D71AC0.jpeg

64A87C53-6605-4225-89C2-D1DC9D336A08.jpeg

B5FE3E6A-4CAF-4F05-A5BC-EA92CBB9500A.jpeg

25B573A7-B74F-40F7-863F-93210993C4E3.jpeg

5F82DE60-3AF4-477F-B7EE-14F16356B79E.jpeg

793E50CC-823E-4CBF-93D3-DCC0DABBDEBC.jpeg

• Thanks 1

That's interesting. They've removed all the Cajun and Creole items from the Bayou Cafe menu. It's more like a straight steakhouse now. That's a shame.

And it looks like it's a choice of appetiser, main and dessert now. Not appetiser, soup/salad, main and dessert. Less at a much higher price?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's interesting. They've removed all the Cajun and Creole items from the Bayou Cafe menu. It's more like a straight steakhouse now. That's a shame.

And it looks like it's a choice of appetiser, main and dessert now. Not appetiser, soup/salad, main and dessert. Less at a much higher price?

It looks like you can still do it as 4 course if you wish. There is a note about only getting one main in the price, with an additional charge if you want extra mains. Yes, $40 is bumped a bit, but not as much as Royal Caribbean's $100 Chops Grille.

We will be in a Vista Suite on Caribe Deck on the 3rd July Voyage for 7 days.  Thanks for confirming that we will be eating in the Bayou Cafe on the first night as I booked that just in case it was gratis though I am disappointed that they have moved some of the Creole dishes off the menu as apparently that is one of the specialities in that restaurant. 

We love Club Class and are looking forward to our lunch there on boarding day. Also, I am glad to hear that we can still get the coffee cards if we decide to change one of our two fridge setups.  

Have a wonderful cruise and I hope that your changeover in 3 days time runs smoothly.  

At the moment we are up in Main Beach and loving the wonderful weather. We move to Mooloolaba for a week on Sunday and then we fly back to Melbourne for 6 days before flying to Brisbane for our cruise. We are hoping this glorious weather lasts for the next few weeks.

Jennie

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Just saw on the news that a couple embarked today & are doing 53 b2b cruises,  don't get off until August 2024. 

Yes their last b2b is the 2024 WC. 

Is anybody just a teeny weeny jealous?😃

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

They are not first-time cruisers. I saw them on a Princess cruise before COVID.

Yes it said they were on the last cruise before shut down.

No doubt they will be on 2 of our cruises.