Live report for Coral Princess 16th June

Just now, MMDown Under said:

Is that only if you travel overseas for a certain period, or any period you go overseas?  

Cruising within Australia is looking more attractive.  

Any time you are out of the country for more than 19 weeks you have to re-apply for any concession card you currently hold. However, 19 weeks is a long time. The world cruise is less than 15 weeks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Any time you are out of the country for more than 19 weeks you have to re-apply for any concession card you currently hold. However, 19 weeks is a long time. The world cruise is less than 15 weeks.

So period has been increased from six weeks to 19 weeks which as you say is a long time?

13 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We don't know if this couple have any family. If a couple doesn't, it makes sense to spend their money and enjoy it.

I think they had family but told them not to expect an inheritance 

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

It says they have organised all cruises through a clean TA 😉

Hi, I've often seen the term "clean" when referring to a travel agent, maybe an Aussie term, can anyone enlighten this NZer please?

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

To each their own. That was basically my parents-in-law's attitude also, but not ours.🙂

We travelled all our married lives, taking our children with us, including a year overseas.  My children went to a public school where many of the parents travelled overseas without their children.  

• Like 1

Just now, Jean C said:

Hi, I've often seen the term "clean" when referring to a travel agent, maybe an Aussie term, can anyone enlighten this NZer please?

We're not allowed to directly mention the names of TAs here. 😉

• Like 1

17 hours ago, arxcards said:

Yes, $40 is bumped a bit, but not as much as Royal Caribbean's $100 Chops Grille.

Well it was US$29 which is AU$41 so they dropped the price a bit in some ways. A few lucky people seem to have booked at the US$ price and been charged that amount in AU$ 1:1 though.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

So period has been increased from six weeks to 19 weeks which as you say is a long time?

Went to Europe at the start of this year and got delayed after the Ukraine fighting caused flights to be cancelled. Got cancelled exactly on 6 weeks, but also auto restarted instantly upon return about 10 days later.

2 minutes ago, Pobman said:

Went to Europe at the start of this year and got delayed after the Ukraine fighting caused flights to be cancelled. Got cancelled exactly on 6 weeks, but also auto restarted instantly upon return about 10 days later.

Yes. It is after 19 weeks overseas, that the person has to apply again, under the new eligibility rules rather than re-activating their Centrelink account.

• Like 1

Irene just sent me a message. She said that the internet is a bit hit and miss and she might not be able to update much in CC. She wanted me to advise:
No chocs on pillows, heaps of drinks under $16 and they all listed in the app.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Pobman said:

Well it was US$29 which is AU$41 so they dropped the price a bit in some ways. A few lucky people seem to have booked at the US$ price and been charged that amount in AU$ 1:1 though.

Pre-pandemic the Australian speciality restaurant prices were always the same as the US but in AUD ie they didn't convert the USD price. It will be interesting to see if the restaurants are as popular at the increased prices. 

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

Irene just sent me a message. She said that the internet is a bit hit and miss and she might not be able to update much in CC. She wanted me to advise:

I saw photos of the wines by the glass from one of the bar lists. They were split into Plus and Premium wines. The Plus wines just stated the wine type, ie chardonnay, but not the actual winery, and the selection was very limited. We don't like drinking cocktails with meals so will be very annoyed if there isn't a decent selection of wines by the glass available in the MDR. The cocktail list seemed very similar to the 2019 one and prices were similar or even slightly less in some cases.

If the internet is hit and miss, and the wines by the glass are crap, then the Plus package may not be good value for money after all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Now your assets are used to determine your eligibility. Previously, it was only income so a sizeable balance in superannuation accounts didn't count. The family home doesn't count, but now extra properties are included in the persons assets that are assessed.

Who has extra properties? I dont.

11 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

No more chocs on pillows, tragic. Cost nothing to dish out. 

• Like 1

I have my pic of the rat at the ready.  I was always going to upload this to see how it goes.  Will defs do now for sure.  image.png.36599a1c066c872d0bef9f168a40698d.png

How do I book in one of the speciality restaurants.  Stuffed if I can find where.

• Haha 5

28 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

😢 to the pillow chocs, although to be honest they were so small and we were so well fed that we used to save them up for a meaningful indulgence 😋

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pryce_tag said:

I have my pic of the rat at the ready.  I was always going to upload this to see how it goes.  Will defs do now for sure.  image.png.36599a1c066c872d0bef9f168a40698d.png

I think we should ALL upload this picture since we only need to attest. If anyone checks what's uploaded it will put a smile on their face 🙂 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Jean C said:

😢 to the pillow chocs, although to be honest they were so small and we were so well fed that we used to save them up for a meaningful indulgence 😋

we always brought the pillow chocolates home with us and indulged with fond memories at a later time 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I saw photos of the wines by the glass from one of the bar lists. They were split into Plus and Premium wines. The Plus wines just stated the wine type, ie chardonnay, but not the actual winery, and the selection was very limited. We don't like drinking cocktails with meals so will be very annoyed if there isn't a decent selection of wines by the glass available in the MDR. The cocktail list seemed very similar to the 2019 one and prices were similar or even slightly less in some cases.

If the internet is hit and miss, and the wines by the glass are crap, then the Plus package may not be good value for money after all.

Found this for you, lists the type and price per glass / bottle:

85CCF474-C1C0-496D-A024-FE575FF19A3F.jpeg

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 2