Live report for Coral Princess 16th June

56 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Who has extra properties? I dont.

I do.  We were a two middle income family, who decided to live on one wage and buy a property with the other.  I worked with a girl who did the same, but lived on the lower income.  When I next saw her, she owned five properties on the ocean side of the highway at the GC.  

• Like 1

With all respect guys, can we keep this to a "Live from the Coral."

Plenty of other threads for the who's has what and who hasn't.

I know as someone who has posted updates from cruises how hard it is to find peoples questions amongst the chat😀

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I know as someone who has posted updates from cruises how hard it is to find peoples questions amongst the chat😀

Sorry.  I get caught up following a conversation and forget to read subject matter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, arxcards said:

No alligator?

The Bijou menu looks refreshed, and if I dare say, looks a lot like a Crown Grill menu. Yummo ✔️

Photos of our bayou dinner including my Norman live dessert!

793FA9D6-C67A-47EC-B516-53B9E4E27F3A.jpeg

253EF1F6-FEA7-44C0-8413-2D851BE4E290.jpeg

A2BCA712-3F99-4869-9F8C-7DC7868133DC.jpeg

FD1B5AF5-558D-4105-831E-FA0074B78D85.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pobman said:

Well it was US$29 which is AU$41 so they dropped the price a bit in some ways. A few lucky people seem to have booked at the US$ price and been charged that amount in AU$ 1:1 though.

It has bumped a bit. The last time I had Crown Grill it was $AU29. Well done to those that got the cheaper price, but I am more than happy with $40 - great value.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Porky55 said:

It says they have organised all cruises through a clean TA 😉

My mind still can’t get around the cost of 795 days at sea - the rough maths 😮 :

- eg: assume $250pp/pd = $500.00 x 795 - TOTAL: $397,500.00AUD. And I bet they aren’t in an interior cabin - so I say double that, as a minimum. And ……… unless they sold their home, they have rates, upkeep, insurances, car rego/s ……………

See …… mind boggling 🫠🫣😵💫😵🥴

Have to say not for me, on just one ship even,  - but good luck to them I say - if this is what they have chosen to do 😆

We will be able to pick who they are on any given Coral cruise - they’ll be the ones calling all the crew by first name, asking about crew member families, etc etc etc 😂

I can do that in a few years. Reverse mortgage. Nasty bit of finance, but it would work.

2 hours ago, Jean C said:

Hi, I've often seen the term "clean" when referring to a travel agent, maybe an Aussie term, can anyone enlighten this NZer please?

No, it is hinting at the name of a travel agency, which is forebode - even without naming in full. Let them pay for their own advertising.

17 hours ago, Aussie Gal said:

We are watching the footy and haven't seen it so wet at the MCG!  if we had worked it better we could have spent another few days up here and then driven to Brisbane.   We need to return to get out "glad rags" for the cruise. We booked the cruise in March whereas we booked up here a year or so ago.

Yes it was very wet at the G last night. My daughter and grandson went last Friday night and it rained as well. They haven't had to sit in the rain for ages. It is much better today, the sun is actually shining at our place and I have come inside from a garden walkaround. It is quite wet underfoot though.

20 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I can do that in a few years. Reverse mortgage. Nasty bit of finance, but it would work.

I can do that now, but … truly can’t step out there that far financially, from that generation I guess. Need to have the $$ available to feel secure. 

As we say, this couple have made a choice and good on them - none of us truly know their circumstances or why they made this decision 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

21 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's interesting. They've removed all the Cajun and Creole items from the Bayou Cafe menu. It's more like a straight steakhouse now. That's a shame.

And it looks like it's a choice of appetiser, main and dessert now. Not appetiser, soup/salad, main and dessert. Less at a much higher price?

No you can have more I’m sure, we just ate less 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I rarely eat more than half of each overly large speciality restaurant course, but I like to have the variety of different courses.

6 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The latest info is that you don't back up between cruises if they only went to domestic ports, but that you have to pack up if the ship goes to international ports. HOWEVER, I feel it is likely that things will be as they always were - no packing up at all between cruises is you are remaining in the same cabin.

Thanks! ! That is good news! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Found this for you, lists the type and price per glass / bottle:

85CCF474-C1C0-496D-A024-FE575FF19A3F.jpeg

Debortoli willowglen, $9 in dans, $53 on the ship, a commercial wine made for the clubs where it is probably, $20. Heavily marked up on the ship.

3 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Ok Sarge, i plead guilty with an explanation. I am nutz.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Debortoli willowglen, $9 in dans, $53 on the ship, a commercial wine made for the clubs where it is probably, $20. Heavily marked up on the ship.

Hasn’t it always been though 🙄

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Hasn’t it always been though 🙄

Yep, if the cruise line dropped the price pax would buy more. 500% mark up is way ott.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Salad as a course at dinner in mdr is more an american thing, now coral is here, probably not the demand for the salad. I like the salad on side with some mains, as you say if you asked for a salad you would get one, you have to come back new.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Can you let us know what beer and spirit prices are please?