Live report for Coral Princess 16th June

44 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Salad as a course at dinner in mdr is more an american thing, now coral is here, probably not the demand for the salad. I like the salad on side with some mains, as you say if you asked for a salad you would get one, you have to come back new.

It's not the salad, Les, it's the famous Black and Blue Onion Soup that I want, even though I usually only eat half of it as it's huge. But I want to try some of the other appetisers as well.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Debortoli willowglen, $9 in dans, $53 on the ship, a commercial wine made for the clubs where it is probably, $20. Heavily marked up on the ship.

There are more wines by the glass that fit into the Plus package limit on the MDR wine list. Hopefully we will be able to choose from those as well. If not I'll be kicking up a big stink!

I can't drink Sauvignon Blanc as it gives me severe reflux and some chardonnays aren't to my taste either. I can't drink cabernet sauvignon either as it gives me migraines, and I have to be careful what shirazes I drink too. So the special Plus list has very few wines that would suit me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Salad as a course at dinner in mdr is more an american thing, now coral is here, probably not the demand for the salad. I like the salad on side with some mains, as you say if you asked for a salad you would get one, you have to come back new.

With the current price of lettuce it’s possibly a main course instead of lobster lol

• Haha 8

19 hours ago, queenslander said:

I have the same cabin for my BtoB cruises in July but someone mentioned that this time I would need to pack up and get off the ship with my luggage in between the cruises. I would be interested to know if that is true.

Thanks for your report!

No not true. In the protocol update from princess June 3rd, if you are in same cabin you can stay on ship and use all facilities but just changeover medallion etc. they will give you a complimentary rat test to do day before changeover day and I guess we test test the same as first cruise

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, arxcards said:

They could always substitute with cabbage?

Mix lettuce with cabbage, like kfc lol. Hey about tomatoes 🍅 bet they are scarce on board Coral, iga today, $20 a kilo, i kid you not, i purchased two toms.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's not the salad, Les, it's the famous Black and Blue Onion Soup that I want, even though I usually only eat half of it as it's huge. But I want to try some of the other appetisers as well.

That soup is one of legendary princess dishes, love it, along with the creme brulee, you will soon be into it Julie, washed down with a nice pinot gris.

• Haha 1

Just now, NSWP said:

That soup is one of legendary princess dishes, love it, along with the creme brulee, you will soon be into it Julie, washed down with a nice pinot gris.

I prefer pinot grigio - which is the same grape but made the Italian way, slightly drier, than pinot gris.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I prefer pinot grigio - which is the same grape but made the Italian way, slightly drier, than pinot gris.

Indeed, like pinot grigio myself, i remember from golfie sauv blanc was not for you so we had pinot grigio. Tried a few pinot gris lately, i agree they can be a touch sweet.

cb tours doing great lives is a non imbiber, we need a wine expert on board, your job julie, very soon.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, pryce_tag said:

I have my pic of the rat at the ready.  I was always going to upload this to see how it goes.  Will defs do now for sure.  image.png.36599a1c066c872d0bef9f168a40698d.png

How do I book in one of the speciality restaurants.  Stuffed if I can find where.

I have tweaked mine a little. I hope they have a sense of humour (sorry Chez).

Re the specialty restaurants. On the app, Dine my Way ----> view or book individual daily reservations ---> add reservation ----> Select a time, then your restaurant.

1089761529_smilingcartoonmousesm.jpg.2bfa7552c2c0f4eedb0196723a370fb4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I have tweaked mine a little. I hope they have a sense of humour (sorry Chez).

Re the specialty restaurants. On the app, Dine my Way ----> view or book individual daily reservations ---> add reservation ----> Select a time, then your restaurant.

1089761529_smilingcartoonmousesm.jpg.2bfa7552c2c0f4eedb0196723a370fb4.jpg

Ha Ha Ha Ha Haaaa I LOVE IT !!!!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NSWP said:

cb tours doing great lives is a non imbiber, we need a wine expert on board, your job julie, very soon.

Also think that perhaps arxcards could fill this position too - I think he’s part of the 26th June crew

Edited by Porky55
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Also think that perhaps arxcards could fill this position too - I think he’s part of the 26th June crew

Not till August 22nd for us. Not a wine expert either, just know what I like. A nice Hunter Shiraz or Merlot with a good steak, or occasionally happy to split a bottle of rose with Barb.

I believe there is an elite invite to a wine class which I might sign up for. We have enjoyed a couple of Bruce Tyrell master-classes on P&O food & wine cruises. The wines we tasted were on a more expensive page than the one sighted earlier.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Not till August 22nd for us. Not a wine expert either, just know what I like. A nice Hunter Shiraz or Merlot with a good steak, or occasionally happy to split a bottle of rose with Barb.

I believe there is an elite invite to a wine class which I might sign up for. We have enjoyed a couple of Bruce Tyrell master-classes on P&O food & wine cruises. The wines we tasted were on a more expensive page than the one sighted earlier.

I'm not a wine expert either and I tend to have very different tastes in wine to most Australians. I tend to like European-style wines, especially Italian varieties, although my current favourite white wine is a Gruner Veltiner which is an Austrian variety. It's similar to a Pinot Grigio. We discovered a really nice Australian one from Landhaus in the Barossa Valley - luckily they have regular sales as it's normally above our price range.

For reds I head straight to the Pinot Noirs, with Sangiovese as my second favourite. In 2019 Princess had a rather nice Barolo, very expensive as Barolo's usually are, but we treated ourselves to a bottle or two. It turned out to be $1 cheaper on Princess than at Dan Murphys. But it doesn't seem to be on the new wine list. 😪

I do like a good Rose, especially from Provence. There are some good ones made in Australia now but you still run across some of the lolly water ones.

We might do the wine class too. Hopefully it will be better than the one we did years ago which was very tedious, although some of the wines were nice.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Young Geoffrey likes a taste of the 🍇.

• Like 1

I am sure Julie, Geoffrey and partners will give us a bit of a wine appreciation on board Coral. I often went for the Chilean Merlots on Princess. 

Darn, wish I was on board with you all. There in spirit. 

If they have it…Do the Grapevine winetasting, complimentary for Elites, but was a mere $10 for others.

No Rose for Les, hate it, lolly water.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Yep

im not much help but loving the mock tails lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

No not true. In the protocol update from princess June 3rd, if you are in same cabin you can stay on ship and use all facilities but just changeover medallion etc. they will give you a complimentary rat test to do day before changeover day and I guess we test test the same as first cruise

Thanks for the info Irene! Enjoy the cruise! 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Yep

im not much help but loving the mock tails lol

Which mocktails do you like best?

And how many are there?

Grateful for you live blog, but don't neglect your, you time.

Thanks john

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, discoseabear said:

It's a shame Princess couldn't of sourced some Australia Crocodile Spare Ribs.

It's a bit sad they removed all the Cajun/Creole dishes. It sort of makes the Bayou name irrelevant, it's just a new version of the Criwn Grill.

Irene, did they have Jazz there? 

Princess hasn't really woken up to the fact that Australians are more adventurous with cuisines than a lot of other countries. We have such melting pot of cultures here. In my small suburb alone we have Italian, French, Indian, Spanish, Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, SE Asian fusion, Middle Eastern, American, and classic Aussie cafes. Some of them are exceptionally good too.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Which mocktails do you like best?

And how many are there?

Grateful for you live blog, but don't neglect your, you time.

Thanks john

Most times I’m adding to this whole sitting on the balcony sea gazing lol.

so far it’s been virgin mojitos, pina coladas, strawberry daqkaris?. But today I’m on a mission to check out just which they will make. The MDR guys are fantastic and me thinks they would give us any cocktail in virgin style. I’ll find out today 🥳

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's a bit sad they removed all the Cajun/Creole dishes. It sort of makes the Bayou name irrelevant, it's just a new version of the Criwn Grill.

Irene, did they have Jazz there? 

Princess hasn't really woken up to the fact that Australians are more adventurous with cuisines than a lot of other countries. We have such melting pot of cultures here. In my small suburb alone we have Italian, French, Indian, Spanish, Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, SE Asian fusion, Middle Eastern, American, and classic Aussie cafes. Some of them are exceptionally good too.

No there was definitely no jazz playing g. As far as I’m aware anyway. I think there was some background music. Def not the down south creole style. But we were deliriously happy being on board, first night, complimentary dinner, on our 17 day date with my DH🥰🥰🥰

• Like 3