The Daily for Wednesday 06/15/2022

richwmn

Robbed!  We were robbed by a cat!  I fixed little salisbury steaks, mashed potatoes and peas.  With the left over meat, I made little square hamburgers for lunch (Like a Friendly Burger), that I set aside on the counter.  DH suggested I put them in the microwave, but I always forget there is food in there until the next day. When we finished dinner i went back into the kitchen, and a burger was gone!!!!  We found the remnants on the floor behind the sofa.

b228028290719ea5c610e6a984d3b433.jpg

This is after he ate one half of mine during dinner.  Now DH can have lunch, and I get tuna.  Oh well.

He hates tuna, maybe he told the cat to eat the burger.  Ha!

3d7f64a3c527a588f53c9ea40ba6d986--night-prayer-night-messages.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 9

34 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

I have been following this story here in SoFlo,  it doesn't seem right after how much time  and service he has apparently given to this church.  How was this not known until now? 

Mary 

The denomination is slowly changing, and some churches are about break away over the issue of inclusion and the majority of the people who voted against him will likely be breaking away soon.  Pastor Kipp has been quite open and I think the only thing not known is how far some people would go to resist change.

I've felt a bit of a special relationship to him.  The church where he was at the time I first encountered him (August 2019) has an early 8:30 chapel service which works well for checking out of a hotel and onto a ship.  When I arrived at the church he shared that school was about to start and the congregation would likely be small.  As it turned out there were 3 people present, Pastor Kipp, the pianist, and me.  I wondered if he might just decide to cancel the service with just one person he was unlikely to see again but he ran a full professional service just like there was a full house.  A real class act.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, erewhon said:

A quick brief  post, am very late  after a muddly day.

@kazu DH suggested that Jose's books may be of benefit to medical students.

@StLouisCruiserssorry that your DH has also tested positive,  Hope you are able to get some relief from the cough medication.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately I tried that aspect and was told most students are using on line now and are not interested in books 😔  Believe me I have tried every avenue.

Jose was mentoring a nurse who is working on becoming a Nurse Practitioner  so she was gifted with his medical equipment and bags and took a number of his books so, at least some have been put to use.  I couldn’t think of a better person to give his equipment to.  All she had was a stethoscope and that equipment is very expensive. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately I tried that aspect and was told most students are using on line now and are not interested in books 😔  Believe me I have tried every avenue.

Jose was mentoring a nurse who is working on becoming a Nurse Practitioner  so she was gifted with his medical equipment and bags and took a number of his books so, at least some have been put to use.  I couldn’t think of a better person to give his equipment to.  All she had was a stethoscope and that equipment is very expensive. 

Jacqui, I'm sure Jose would be very happy and pleased to know the nurse he was mentoring now has his medical equipment and books.  I think they will mean a lot to her too.  That was very thoughtful of you.

Lenda

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jacqui, I'm sure Jose would be very happy and pleased to know the nurse he was mentoring now has his medical equipment and books.  I think they will mean a lot to her too.  That was very thoughtful of you.

Lenda

Thanks, I’m pretty sure he would have gifted them to her down the road and it felt like it was the right thing to do and what he would want.  He was very invested in helping her and actually encouraged her to become a Nurse Practitioner.

• Like 7