COCO CAY - How crowded with two ships

We are planning on being on the Oasis OTS.  One stop is Coco Cay.  Besides the Oasis, there will be either the Independence, Explorer, Odyssey, Freedom ,Anthem, or Seranade with the Oasis. Oasis has a capacity of about 5400.  We were on the Enchantment in April and were the only ship at Coco Cay.

We are planning either this Oct. or Nov. for our cruise.

1 minute ago, CarolRoy said:

We are planning on being on the Oasis OTS.  One stop is Coco Cay.  Besides the Oasis, there will be either the Independence, Explorer, Odyssey, Freedom ,Anthem, or Seranade with the Oasis. Oasis has a capacity of about 5400.  We were on the Enchantment in April and were the only ship at Coco Cay.

Coco Cay was built to handle 12,500. 

14 minutes ago, CarolRoy said:

Lots of space. No problem.

We were on the Wonder of the Seas and there with the Freedom. Didn't really notice that there were two ships. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

We were there on the Wonder and I think the other ship was the Freedom and it had already docked when we got there...got  beds/umbrellas quite easy...no line up for lunch and plenty of room in the pool...you shouldn't have a problem.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'll be racing Freedom there twice while on Indy next month, twice. Same arrival times.

We were at Coco Cay last month on Mariner. Harmony was scheduled to be there with us, also arriving at 7:00am - same time we were scheduled to arrive. We arrived first and I could see Harmony also positioning to come in. We were not given clearance to disembark until Harmony had also parked and been secured. Kind of annoyed me, but as others have pointed out, it didn't seem to make a difference as far as getting a spot for the day. We were off pretty quickly and as we walked by the pool area, no one else was there yet. We continued on to South Beach and it ended up being a good choice, as that area didn't fill up the whole time we were there. Didn't have to wait in any line for lunch items. We went back to the ship around 1:00 and as we passed the pool area, it was packed as expected. I was happy with our choice to venture over to South Beach. I think Harmony's all aboard was around the same time as ours, but we ended up pulling away first.

As long as you get onto the island within the first couple of hours, you should have your pick of chairs.  Closer to lunchtime, and you'll have to walk around a bit more to find a chair, but they will still be available -- just maybe not in your first choice location.

We were on Mariner and there with Allure. It was pretty crowded, but there were plenty of available seats at the beaches. Most of the pool chairs were crowded mid morning. 

We had a late  lunch at the snack shack and honestly didn’t get a chance to see if the buffet was crowded. 

If you come to the beach to 11 o’clock and try to get eight chairs together, that might be tough. You need to come out  earlier for that. If you’re not picky and you’re looking for two or three chairs,  no problem. 

all the groupings of chairs have complementary umbrellas.  

As others have said, the island is developed to hold the capacity of two large ships

m

End of April we were on Harmony and Independence docked before us. Didn't seem crowded at all. The opening of the pools were delayed a bit due to weather or were they just waiting for Cpt Johnny to dock :classic_laugh:

I have been there a few times with 2 Freedom class boats and Oasis + other boats. There is always plenty of beach chairs and the food is never too crowded, however I would say that the pool and the swim up bar get pretty jammed in the early afternoon.

I was at Coco Cay today with Harmony and Explorer. It definitely felt busy. When we got off early. Finding chairs was not a problem. We decided to move from the beach to Oasis Lagoon after lunch and there were no chairs to be found. The picture above is what things looked like today, especially at the pool bar.

7 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I was on Adventure and Grandeur was with us within a few weeks of docking at the (then new) Cocoa Cay.  We never felt crowded, despite us being on a megaship.

Adventure + Grandeur is going to total a lot less people than almost any current combination this summer.

Cococay has expanded since then but not sure it would offset the difference.

Edited by OCSC Mike

I have been to Coco Cay 3 times this year each with 2 ships, Yes the big Oasis pool can be a bit crowded for a few hours but if one ship arrived 1-2 hours before the other, later in the day it eases up.

On area that is no issue at all is where the food is served.  They have lots of grills and fixins bar and drinks stations.  Easy peasy getting food.   I have heard the Thrill park is where lines will form on some of the slides and the first ship in has a the upper hand as well.

Make sure you bring water shoes as the sand and cement can get quite HOT at times.