OK....let's lighten up and have some fun with the latest Princess slogan

CineGraphic

• CineGraphic changed the title to OK....let's lighten up and have some fun with the latest Princess slogan

Oh no, this should be good.  As my only experience with "getting the Princess treatment" was the May 7th Crown I will say it was not what I expected! I actually used that quote in one of my e-mails to Princess's customer service and asked them to define what that is!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

And to think that they actually pay folks to come up with this stuff.

Personally. I think the new slogan should be, "It Ain't No Love Boat"

Guess their new slogan is the brainchild of their new SVP & VP of Sales team they hired from outside of Princess a few months ago.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just now, voljeep said:

I did

Just because you think I'm beating a dead horse doesn't mean it should be moved.

Since it's on topic (Princess), I think it should be here, but I'll accept whatever the mod decides.

"Enough already" is what I should have said when we were served a half-eaten app from another table.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

The latest slogan from the Princess Facebook page leaves the door wide-open to interpretation.

So, how would you describe the current "Princess Treatment"?

277569700_10160219236159060_7914135231298516476_n.jpg.158908a64d06f20ccc8ceee6bfa3ba53.jpg

Oh my…  @CineGraphic what ship is this, the Crown?   😂

Sorry, just couldn’t help it. 

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Haha 2

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Oh my…  @CineGraphic what ship is this, the Crown?   😂

1 minute ago, vjmatty said:

And finally, WHAT about the half eaten app??Please tell me that is an exaggeration, or at the very least the poor wait staff was so overwhelmed and confused they lost track of what they were doing and what was in their hands at the time....

Not kidding.

Ruby, Sabatini's

They were slammed because this was the first sailing in which they closed one specialty dining venue each night.

• Like 1

Apparently Marketing Dept and Customer Service don’t communicate. I work in Marketing and PR and the last kind of slogan you want is one that invites snark. It’s a poor choice.  

I would have stuck with a refresh or renewal message after the last two years like come back new 2.0 - “starting new together”. Or another option could have been “let us take you back to the world” branding theme. 

But they didn’t ask me. 

Edited by karatemom2
  • Like 13

5 minutes ago, 4x4bob said:

The Princess Treatment.  Hmm is that going to require more shots of some kind?

Bob

Yup, if it is a treatment for cruise addiction, it is not working yet. I think I need a few more doses.

53 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Apparently Marketing Dept and Customer Service don’t communicate. I work in Marketing and PR and the last kind of slogan you want is one that invites snark. It’s a poor choice.  

I would have stuck with a refresh or renewal message after the last two years like come back new 2.0 - “starting new together”. Or another option could have been “let us take you back to the world” branding theme. 

But they didn’t ask me. 

I'm not only surprised that someone was paid to come up with this, but that someone upstairs APPROVED it!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

But they didn’t ask me. 

I’d say this is the second worst slogan in the history of advertising, the worst of course being South Dakota’s anti drug campaign from a few years ago. “Meth, we’re on it!”  No I’m not kidding. 

• Haha 11

The current "Princess Treatment," includes carrying more than one MILLION cruise ship passengers each year... to more destinations... on six different continents... than any other major line. Over THIRTY THOUSAND employees from all over the planet... many from an eye opening and sobering range of socio-economic backgrounds... work at a dizzying array of jobs, in an effort to provide customers with accommodations and services that many of those employees have NEVER, EVER experienced in their entire lives.

As a retired US Navy helicopter pilot, involved in the daily logistical support of EXTREMELY large ships with up to SIX THOUSAND people on each one, I believe I am significantly more aware than most people of the challenges involved in simply housing and feeding that many people on an ocean going vessel. I am also quite familiar with the extremely harsh demands that continuous operations in a saltwater environment inflict on any and all metal structures.  

I recently returned from an 18 night Panama Canal cruise on Caribbean Princess. Prior to that I spent 20 nights on Emerald Princess, 10 nights on Enchanted Princess and 13 nights on Sky Princess. I am absolutely certain that there are people who have "endured" even more time on Princess ships in the last seven months than I have, but my recent experiences prove my familiarity with current conditions.

Embarkation on each of those ships was marked by the presence of HUNDREDS of workers, toiling in uncomfortably hot and humid conditions, to unload MANY THOUSANDS of suitcases belonging to departing passengers, AND to load many thousands more, belonging to arriving passengers... because those passengers are simply too entitled to do it themselves.  In addition, TONS of refuse were being removed from those ships while MANY TONS of food and other provisions were being loaded. The number of 18 wheelers hauling all those millions of dollars worth of supplies would have made C. W. McCall smile.

Hundreds more people were involved in... directing vehicles for passenger pick up and drop off...  directing passenger traffic toward luggage pickup and drop off... directing passenger traffic towards customs or check in... directing passenger traffic for embark and debark... as well as directing passenger traffic towards the correct bus or taxi. 

On board the ships, more than A THOUSAND employees were involved in getting that last drink or last plate of food to all of those impoverished and underfed departing passengers, while also getting ready to serve all of those equally impoverished and underfed arriving passengers.

With absolutely no concern for schedules, all those lazy room stewards were casually and haphazardly preparing cabins for new occupants, while employees at Guest Services were looking forward to all of the happy and smiling faces they would soon be seeing. 

Meanwhile numerous entertainers were departing the ship, while others were arriving, and even more were practicing their skills used in an attempt to distract disadvantaged and distraught passengers from the horrible conditions on board. 

All of this during a planet-wide pandemic that has seen millions of people die and many millions more economically destroyed. 

I am just not certain that I can possibly endure any more of the current "Princess Treatment," but I HAVE already decided to suffer through yet another Princess cruise. Just another Pollyanna I guess.

Edited by teecee60
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

25 minutes ago, teecee60 said:

The current "Princess Treatment," includes carrying more than one MILLION cruise ship passengers each year... to more destinations... on six different continents... than any other major line. Over THIRTY THOUSAND employees from all over the planet... many from an eye opening and sobering range of socio-economic backgrounds... work at a dizzying array of jobs, in an effort to provide customers with accommodations and services that many of those employees have NEVER, EVER experienced in their entire lives.

As a retired US Navy helicopter pilot, involved in the daily logistical support of EXTREMELY large ships with up to SIX THOUSAND people on each one, I believe I am significantly more aware than most people of the challenges involved in simply housing and feeding that many people on an ocean going vessel. I am also quite familiar with the extremely harsh demands that continuous operations in a saltwater environment inflict on any and all metal structures.  

I recently returned from an 18 night Panama Canal cruise on Caribbean Princess. Prior to that I spent 20 nights on Emerald Princess, 10 nights on Enchanted Princess and 13 nights on Sky Princess. I am absolutely certain that there are people who have "endured" even more time on Princess ships in the last seven months than I have, but my recent experiences prove my familiarity with current conditions.

Embarkation on each of those ships was marked by the presence of HUNDREDS of workers, toiling in uncomfortably hot and humid conditions, to unload MANY THOUSANDS of suitcases belonging to departing passengers, AND to load many thousands more, belonging to arriving passengers... because those passengers are simply too entitled to do it themselves.  In addition, TONS of refuse were being removed from those ships while MANY TONS of food and other provisions were being loaded. The number of 18 wheelers hauling all those millions of dollars worth of supplies would have made C. W. McCall smile.

Hundreds more people were involved in... directing vehicles for passenger pick up and drop off...  directing passenger traffic toward luggage pickup and drop off... directing passenger traffic towards customs or check in... directing passenger traffic for embark and debark... as well as directing passenger traffic towards the correct bus or taxi. 

On board the ships, more than A THOUSAND employees were involved in getting that last drink or last plate of food to all of those impoverished and underfed departing passengers, while also getting ready to serve all of those equally impoverished and underfed arriving passengers.

With absolutely no concern for schedules, all those lazy room stewards were casually and haphazardly preparing cabins for new occupants, while employees at Guest Services were looking forward to all of the happy and smiling faces they would soon be seeing. 

Meanwhile numerous entertainers were departing the ship, while others were arriving, and even more were practicing their skills used in an attempt to distract disadvantaged and distraught passengers from the horrible conditions on board. 

All of this during a planet-wide pandemic that has seen millions of people die and many millions more economically destroyed. 

I am just not certain that I can possibly endure any more of the current "Princess Treatment," but I HAVE already decided to suffer through yet another Princess cruise. Just another Pollyanna I guess.

I don't think anyone is disputing how hard the staff and crew work or how privileged we are to take cruises. But what you outline here is true of EVERY cruise line - there is nothing in what you describe that brands Princess or sets it apart. So as a company, when you start touting the Princess Treatment, it better denote something extraordinary or above and beyond. And you should be able to back it up.

Look, I love Princess. But there is no doubt they are still struggling to even achieve pre-pandemic service levels, as are most cruise lines and definitely the airlines.

Given that these transitional pains and problems may still take time to iron out, I think the idea of choosing that slogan was unwise and sets the company up for ridicule at a moment when they really need to be focused on elevating their product and considering what the extra special Princess Treatment even means because it feels like they are just throwing out a superlative when the current product might not be quite there yet. 

Just not a smart choice in my estimation. And that is from a loyal Princess customer who has every intention of continuing to cruise with them. But am I also branching out to other lines? You bet!

• Like 12