Extending the Book with Confidence policy...

bobloblaw007

So right now it expires Sept. 30. Based on the past, does anyone have an idea on when it may be extended (like 60 days before or ?). 

I know it's been extended repeatedly for over a year, but not sure about the timing of the extensions. Perhaps someone here follows it closely 🙂

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

what does 'book with confidence' cover that the Princess insurance (AON) doesn't cover?

If you use the book with confidence policy, you actually get the insurance premium back.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Book with Confidence is returned as FCC. I think the cut off might be 30 days.  And yes, it will maintain. your PVP.

I believe the Princess Platinum insurance give you FCCs too, unless you have a "covered" reason to cancel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

I believe the Princess Platinum insurance give you FCCs too, unless you have a "covered" reason to cancel.

I just closed a claim with PVP and got a refund minus the insurance (cancelled for any reason).  My sister vowed she would NEVER cruise with Princess and an FCC was worthless to her.  PVP covered my single solo supplement.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Book with Confidence is returned as FCC. I think the cut off might be 30 days.  And yes, it will maintain. your PVP.

But if you have Covid, you can cancel for FCCs within the 30 days.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bobloblaw007 said:

So right now it expires Sept. 30. Based on the past, does anyone have an idea on when it may be extended (like 60 days before or ?). 

I know it's been extended repeatedly for over a year, but not sure about the timing of the extensions. Perhaps someone here follows it closely 🙂

We sail on October 9, so I wish they WOULD extend it.  Seems like they should go until the end of the year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linsifer said:

We sail on October 9, so I wish they WOULD extend it.  Seems like they should go until the end of the year.

I feel like the Cruise with Confidence/Book with Confidence policy should be extended as long as you can be denied boarding/put into quarantine for testing positive. Otherwise, you'd have all of the downside w/ none of the upside.

• Like 11

21 hours ago, ebeluga said:

Does the FCC from cancel with insurance have an expiration date?  FCC from Book with Confidence is a year from issuance.

Ours did not have a year expirations date on all of them. Our cancelled cruise was partially paid with FCCs but also gift cards, and cash.  
The part of the fare that we used from the Coral covid cruise came back with the same expiration date as it had previously....12/31/22.
The other refunds do have a year expiration date from the day I cancelled.  But it took 2 months at least to get them all back.

Edited by suzyed
  • Thanks 1