Scenic Issues

3Shelaghs

Have spent months attempting to peruse cruises on the Canadian web page, and zilch ability.

When I call, have been placed on hold for hour or more (many many many times).

Can't do an online booking either.

Not feeling very confident spending thousands if they can't manage a web page/phones etc. When I attempt to contact head office via email, that page doesn't work either. Very frustrated, and quite frankly think I should be spending my money elsewhere.

Anyone have any idea when this issue will be fixed? Or will it????

This will be our first time with Scenic and so far, not very impressed.

Why is Vancouver office closed???

2 hours ago, 3Shelaghs said:

Have spent months attempting to peruse cruises on the Canadian web page, and zilch ability.

When I call, have been placed on hold for hour or more (many many many times).

Can't do an online booking either.

Not feeling very confident spending thousands if they can't manage a web page/phones etc. When I attempt to contact head office via email, that page doesn't work either. Very frustrated, and quite frankly think I should be spending my money elsewhere.

Anyone have any idea when this issue will be fixed? Or will it????

This will be our first time with Scenic and so far, not very impressed.

Why is Vancouver office closed???

I first visited Scenic's Canadian website about a month ago following a chat with neighbours who were leaving within a couple of days for a visit to Venice followed by a Scenic cruise on the Seine. They have sailed with Scenic and were extremely happy with them.

I've probably been on the website daily since then, and I've explored every corner of the website with no problems at all. That includes the webpages for all of their European cruises. I've not tried phoning Scenic, so I can't comment on their responsiveness via this medium, but I requested the 2022 and 2023 brochures on the website and received them within a couple of weeks. I subsequently booked for next year through my TA, and the booking appeared on the website either that day or the day after.

I don't know if I am lucky or if you are unlucky, but I hope that your website access improves.

Thanks for info. I’ve tried cleaning cookies/history and search engines …….nada.

I know they had a hacking event, but figured that was all resolved. I’ll try US site today and order print material. Attempting to use our previous deposit on cancelled bookings…..with the hopes PM doesn’t reinstitute restrictions next year !🤯

Just went into the Canadian site right now, it's working fine. You may have to delete your bookmark if you have one, google Scenic and try that way. I know I had to reset my bookmark once the site was up and running.

Viola!! The idiot is me! My “pop ups” were turned to block!!

now.. if they honour the past deposit….I’ll finally be sailing Scenic. Excited, as we’ve been told they are top notch onboard. Thanks all for assistance.

• Like 4

We get it tech - troubles, I’ve just spent half a day with my archive Microsoft computer deciding it wanted to upgrade and clean everything, it’s not worried that I need to answer questions about what happened a couple of hundred years ago!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 3Shelaghs said:

now.. if they honour the past deposit….I’ll finally be sailing Scenic. Excited, as we’ve been told they are top notch onboard. Thanks all for assistance.

Excellent news! 

On 6/21/2022 at 9:09 AM, 3Shelaghs said:

I hope things go smoothly and you get to enjoy your first Scenic cruise as much as we did ours. It's still our favorite cruise. Good luck! 

Pau

l

On 6/21/2022 at 10:09 AM, 3Shelaghs said:

FYI…yes indeed they are honouring our previous deposit👍

• Like 2

Good luck. Corporate has little to no communication/response to customer inquiries. My TA was on hold on several occasions for literally 4 or more hours. You’ll find multiple posts here on CC from many frustrated customers trying to get information, to no avail. 
You’re sure to get an “everything’s fine!” from a serial poster here. Some others have posted “NEVER AGAIN!”

I wish you the best of luck.

'Never Again!' mostly from those who haven't yet sailed on Scenic.  Like many cruise lines on Cruise Critic, their reputation is for poor shore-side service but excellence onboard.  

I just hope that those 'never againers' will be able to keep an open mind when they board, because if you arrive expecting a bad cruise you will probably experience it that way even if all about you are having a great time.

• Like 4

On 6/27/2022 at 8:52 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

'Never Again!' mostly from those who haven't yet sailed on Scenic.  Like many cruise lines on Cruise Critic, their reputation is for poor shore-side service but excellence onboard.  

I just hope that those 'never againers' will be able to keep an open mind when they board, because if you arrive expecting a bad cruise you will probably experience it that way even if all about you are having a great time.

Yes, the Scenic website and customer service lines, emails and messages have been slow in responding. Besides the big crash, I think they are also suffering staff shortages and as well, they have changed office locations and are still setting up.

I am not apologizing for poor customer service but I do understand the serious issues they have had in the past 5 months.

We have also spent time emailing, messaging and on hold but to say the wait was worth it. We did get all our questions answered and issues resolve and our documents are on their way by FedEx as I type.

We depart for Nice next week and on the cruise 21 July. What surprised us was that Scenic had not n]made arrangements for any hotels in Nice, just a meeting place at Nice airport to get on the bus for the ride to Tarascon.