Double Points promo question

We have two cruises booked for 2023 that would have qualified for the double points promo on the original booking. The cruises were cancelled and we rebooked with the same booking id for spring 2023. Should we get double points once we (hopefully) cruise next spring? It's NZ plus transpacific, so a lot of potential points on the line.

9 minutes ago, cruisin from florida said:

We have two cruises booked for 2023 that would have qualified for the double points promo on the original booking. The cruises were cancelled and we rebooked with the same booking id for spring 2023. Should we get double points once we (hopefully) cruise next spring? It's NZ plus transpacific, so a lot of potential points on the line.

No cruise has to be in 2022

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did you cancel the cruise or did Royal.  If Royal did then there were a few exceptions where they did allow the double points to carry over. 

I'm having my TA go back and try to figure it out. This is our 4th try for this itinerary. Some they cancelled, some we blinked first knowing the cruises were going to be cancelled and wanting to have a better cabin selection. 

1 minute ago, cruisin from florida said:

I'm having my TA go back and try to figure it out. This is our 4th try for this itinerary. Some they cancelled, some we blinked first knowing the cruises were going to be cancelled and wanting to have a better cabin selection. 

If you cancelled fir whatever reason it will be a no go. 

Some of us are waiting for the 2023 cruise season, to see what will happen. I had 3 cruises out of Sydney moved from 2020 to 2023, and they were all cancelled by Royal. My first is in Mar/2023. I don’t think anybody will know for sure until the 2023 sailings actually sail.

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did you cancel the cruise or did Royal.  If Royal did then there were a few exceptions where they did allow the double points to carry over. 

There was also a cutoff date for booking a cruise in order for it to qualify. If you booked a 2022 cruise after that date, the promo would not apply.

Edited by orville99

33 minutes ago, cruisin from florida said:

Lol... We originally booked in 2019. Sigh.

We had a bunch of those.  We managed to move most of them to this year, but had two that we had to move to 2023 (ran out of L&S places to put them.)

When our January 9th cruise was cancelled on the 7th in addition to a refund they gave us fcc to use on a new booking within 1 year and also double points will apply.  I have an email to that effect.  So if they cancelled and you took a fcc then maybe.