CORAL PRINCESS & MAJESTIC PRINCESS: 2022-2023 Australia Deployment Update

Cruise Wonderland

Wow, that's awfully short notice on the changes happening on the Coral - next month.  Breaking them up makes it seem like they weren't selling well and I would have expected the ship to be filled up given the pent up demand.  Very odd indeed.

9 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Wow, that's awfully short notice on the changes happening on the Coral - next month.  Breaking them up makes it seem like they weren't selling well and I would have expected the ship to be filled up given the pent up demand.  Very odd indeed.

Maybe they are finding with Covid, people are more willing to book shorter cruises than longer ones? They are more likely to be off the ship if they end up picking up Covid.... 

Hi @Cruise Wonderland, thank you for this info. I was booked on the April 2023 SYD to LA and Princess cancelled this sailing and allowed us to move to the October 2023, LA to SYD , so I am hoping they will allow us to move back!

I will be calling them ASAP. I see the itinerary is not yet showing on Princess.com, I figured pricing would not be available, but was hoping to see the itinerary.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 11:54 AM, azbirdmom said:

From what I know from Aussie/NZ board of CC, Covid issues, Papua New Guinea closed and State governments not allowing cruises in excess of 7 days in this early period of restart.  The cruises were pretty full.   Cancellation was made after final payment. Masks required on the Princess ships here in OZ.

Suffice to say a lot of unhappy cruisers.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NSWP said:

Suffice to say a lot of unhappy cruisers.

Not me. I'm ecstatic.  I was on 18 day Majestic Princess Australia to Hong Kong March 2023. Not happening.  But the replacement offer is 21 day Royal Princess Australia to Yokohama. Normally Japan is pricey.  I'm now there 9 days for less than a 7 day Japan cruise. But I've got the same room, same price, 18 days instead of 21 with just 1 FCD on it, owe the same amount (shh don't mention that I rolled 75FCC out), still 150 OBC, added Specialty Dining, what's not to like??

Hoping to book a B2B2B for next year. 14 day Queensland, 4 day Southern Australia, and a 14 day New Zealand. These are on Grand so not impacted by this posted news but this does make me wonder if the cruises we plan to book will be changed. We already had 2 B2B2B cruises cancelled due to Covid. I wonder if we will ever be able to cruise this part of the world.

I initially booked Royal Princess to Queensland. That was canceled and I insisted on FCD back per useless CVP suggestion. Then I booked Sydney -> HK. Then that canceled and my current CVP said let them cancel / let her transfer / done in a day. They're losing money on me

Now Queensland is back on Royal Princess next fall .... not too bad. My preferred room is also available.  Need to have her put THAT on hold too