DMW- specialty dining reservations

bprincess702

11 minutes ago, bprincess702 said:

Cruising in 2 weeks- I cannot make a specialty dining reservation on any night and I have tried for days. It says keep trying. 

any suggestions?

Have you tried on the website?  Go to checkin and notice the link for the website version…click on that and try it.

I have not done that, as my App works for all my cruises.  Not sure it works for specialty Restaurants.

Also the IT team email:

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

make sure to put your sail date in the subject field.

Full names, sail date, ship, booking no.

Exactly what your trying to do.

Good luck.

J

Edited by PacnGoNow

Could be that the Restaurants are already booked up for the complete cruise.

The Crown Grill has been for the cruise we are on and it has been suggested that it applies across most of the ships. There are places for Santorini's, however.

14 minutes ago, GloriaF said:

Specialty Restaurants were booked solid the week we cruised 6/11-18.  We never did get in!

This is not a good sign - what happens if you buy the premiere package which includes specialty dining and then can't get in? 

28 minutes ago, GloriaF said:

Specialty Restaurants were booked solid the week we cruised 6/11-18.  We never did get in!

11 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

This is not a good sign - what happens if you buy the premiere package which includes specialty dining and then can't get in? 

Also for the promotions that include a specialty dinner plus reports from some ships of only one being open each evening.

• Like 1

On the Crown 6/11-18I think  both Sabatini's and Crown Grill were open but the Salty Dog Gastropub was not.  In fact I never saw where the Salty Dog Gastropub was located.  This is not to be confused with the Salty Dog Grill on open deck 15.  2 of the 3 MDR were open (Botticelli closed).

The ship was less than 50% capacity - 1600 pax with 1200 being new to Princess.

8 hours ago, bprincess702 said:

Cruising in 2 weeks- I cannot make a specialty dining reservation on any night and I have tried for days. It says keep trying. 

any suggestions?

Have you tried shutting down your phone and rebooting?  I could not book either for our cruise in Sept but after I rebooted my phone it came up and I was able to book.  I also went to take a look at the web version and it now has the ability for you to book dining options.  I hope it works for you.

3 hours ago, bprincess702 said:

I called and fully booked until on board.

I was under the impression that Princess, in "normal" times, keep upwards of half of all specialty restaurant slots open for booking only once on board. Obviously they will go quickly once pax start arriving on the ship. We have never booked pre-cruise, and the specialty restaurants are one of our first stops once we board, though we prefer to be among  the first on board.  With COVID, staff reductions, supply chain issues, etc, things may be different now but if you get to your desired restaurant very early on embarkation day, I doubt you would have any issues finding a decent time slot, if you are a bit flexible.

On 6/23/2022 at 12:55 PM, GloriaF said:

On the Crown 6/11-18I think  both Sabatini's and Crown Grill were open but the Salty Dog Gastropub was not.  In fact I never saw where the Salty Dog Gastropub was located.  This is not to be confused with the Salty Dog Grill on open deck 15.  2 of the 3 MDR were open (Botticelli closed).

The ship was less than 50% capacity - 1600 pax with 1200 being new to Princess.

The Salty Dog Gastropub on the Grand Class ships isn't a separate room. It is a dedicated section of the Wheelhouse Bar which is usually open in the evenings only (I think). It may not have been available on your cruise due to staffing issues.

I am 60 days out and can book specialty dining on the app.  However, it says I have to pay with a credit card. Does anybody know if you can use our OBC to book specialty dining in advance of boarding? I am afraid that if I wait to book specialty dining there will be no reservations available once we board.

thank you!

On 6/24/2022 at 2:48 AM, bprincess702 said:

I called and fully booked until on board.

Glad to hear you got your reservations.  I assume Princess holds back reservations for those who don't have access to the app or their app won't work; so they book once onboard.  Cheers

53 minutes ago, Cruisengators said:

I am 60 days out and can book specialty dining on the app.  However, it says I have to pay with a credit card. Does anybody know if you can use our OBC to book specialty dining in advance of boarding? I am afraid that if I wait to book specialty dining there will be no reservations available once we board.

thank you!

I don't believe so.  I asked this question about dining reservations (and wi-fi) a few weeks ago.  A few people offered suggestions, but none proved to be helpful.  I have since seen other posts that said you could not pre book with OBCs.  We ended up paying with a credit card for the one specific restaurant, day and time we wanted for a special occasion.  If you book as soon as you get onboard, you probably will get something.  But it may be very early or very late, especially for the Crown Grill.  

On 6/23/2022 at 10:11 AM, ceilidh1 said:

That's why they're all booked solid. Recent cruises had specialty dining as a perk, now Premier pkg is giving away even more.

Good luck getting into one of those venues.

On our recent Ruby cruise, I had paid to book Sabatini's not realizing that my package had given me a specialty dining credit. I was successful at Guest Services in getting the amount I paid credited back as OBC. YMMV.

Linda

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

That's why they're all booked solid. Recent cruises had specialty dining as a perk, now Premier pkg is giving away even more.

Good luck getting into one of those venues.

It might make it harder then ever to get reservations for the exact time you want.

On our last trip Sabatini's was booked solid and the Premier package wasn't even around at that point.