DUCKS

We are on the Harmony on the 3rd as well.  Our littles look forward to searching:)

On our last cruise, the skeeball machine took our money.. but we realized someone had put a duck in the ball shoot.  Got the duck and the missing balls. haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Imagine the conversation when this was started.  Some government person in a far away country that has a massive trade surplus and sells tons of products on Amazon.  “Hey, I bet we can start a little game and hype it on social media,  then we can steal some intellectual property and make a bunch of little ducks and make 100s of millions for our country.”   Other government worker says “Really, that is the dumbest thing I’ve heard of…Brilliant….yet another piece of junk we can sell them to empty their pocketbooks and build up our country.  Let’s get this going immediately, they’ll love this ridiculous duck game.”

I’m struggling to see why else this would be a thing.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, topnole said:

Imagine the conversation when this was started.  Some government person in a far away country that has a massive trade surplus and sells tons of products on Amazon.  “Hey, I bet we can start a little game and hype it on social media,  then we can steal some intellectual property and make a bunch of little ducks and make 100s of millions for our country.”   Other government worker says “Really, that is the dumbest thing I’ve heard of…Brilliant….yet another piece of junk we can sell them to empty their pocketbooks and build up our country.  Let’s get this going immediately, they’ll love this ridiculous duck game.”

I’m struggling to see why else this would be a thing.  

Ours weren't from Amazon and certainly weren't rubber ducks...My DIL is very artsy and she crafted small disc's and made personalized logo's on them with Harmony and our sail date. They were just adorable. She'll be making them again for our Alaska cruise on Serenade in September.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, soremekun said:

I read in another thread there's a fellow CC member who just throws them away when he finds them.

You have to ask yourself why would they do that?  It makes me smile when I see them - I don't take them but enjoy watching when others "find" them.  They probably pull wings of off bugs, too.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

Ours weren't from Amazon and certainly weren't rubber ducks...My DIL is very artsy and she crafted small disc's and made personalized logo's on them with Harmony and our sail date. They were just adorable. She'll be making them again for our Alaska cruise on Serenade in September.  

We're on the Sept 4th sailing on the Serenade-any chance you'll be cruising with us?

• Like 1

I was on Symphony of the Seas in April and there were so many ducks in Central Park it was ridiculous. Pretty much every island of plants had a duck in there somewhere. One member of a social media group for that cruise brought one suitcase with nothing but ducks. I think the novelty of it has worn off. When does this stop being cute and instead just become plastic trash?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3