Census Data

Census data provides useful statistics for cruise lines on future cruising. 

Millennial generation is overtaking the baby boomers. Australia has become a majority migrant nation with more than 50% of residents born overseas or have an immigrant parent. 

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

Totally agreed...... but they are not allowed aft suites  😁

Cheers Don

Fear not.  They'll be too busy to board in time:  deciding when to finally leave the family home, in some cases, and reorganising the terrible, deprived lifestyle we've created for them.  I have a distant relative whose middle-aged "child" is still living with the parents, and occasionally lecturing about the privileged life they lead.  All, of course, while not thinking about who does the cleaning, laundry, cooking, gardening, and how they've managed to finally pay off the mortgage.  

What about if their phone goes flat,  loses signal,   or google maps takes them the wrong way....

Or they drop their phone....... ( Even though I thought some had it glue to their hand )

Only Joking....... but I didn't think they plan things that far in advance.......

Cheers Don

• Like 1

2 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

What about if their phone goes flat,  loses signal,   or google maps takes them the wrong way....

Or they drop their phone....... ( Even though I thought some had it glue to their hand )

Only Joking....... but I didn't think they plan things that far in advance.......

Cheers Don

Trouble is, we do all that too 😅  And I shouldn't generalise.  Our middle-aged kids are amazing, if not slightly bemused that we are addicted to cruising, and have been for so many years that it's not just a passing fad.  They're also very handy for when some of the techno hitches you mention occur.  I still wouldn't want them sharing our cabins, aft suites, or anywhere else, particularly the bar while I'm enjoying a quiet tipple.

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

What do they call us pre Baby Boomers?

Born before end of WW2.

Post WW2 there was a surge in births - aka baby boom. This started to level off in the late 60's, but someone made a decision that it ended on 31st Dec 1964.

Even though we are only months apart, my wife is a boomer and I am gen-x

Edited by arxcards

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

Born before end of WW2.

Post WW2 there was a surge in births - aka baby boom. This started to level off in the late 60's, but someone made a decision that it ended on 31st Dec 1964.

Even though we are only months apart, my wife is a boomer and I am gen-x

It was originally 1961 but the boffins moved it to 1964 about 15 years ago.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It was originally 1961 but the boffins moved it to 1964 about 15 years ago.

Not sure of which boffins did what when though. At the time I started high school I was a boomer, and the term Gen-X wasn't coined for the era until 1991.

But true, for the US at least - their baby boom ended in 1961.

The dramatic increase in the number of births from 1946 to 1964 in the United States (1947 to 1966 in Canada and 1946 to 1961 in Australia) is called the Baby Boom. 

Around 15 years ago the ABS decided to confirm with the US description.

• Like 1