Can you no longer book shows on the Allure?

1 minute ago, Jj343434jj said:

Our cruise starts in 10 days. Is Royal just no longer allowing you to book shows prior to the cruise and have to reserve on the ship? Or is Royal no longer doing reservation at all?

All reservations are made onboard Oasis-class now (or from the terminal if you’re there early & the ship’s wifi reaches).

4 minutes ago, Jj343434jj said:

Our cruise starts in 10 days. Is Royal just no longer allowing you to book shows prior to the cruise and have to reserve on the ship? Or is Royal no longer doing reservation at all?

You can't book until you board and connect to the ship's wifi through the app or you can go to the ship's box office and staff will help you.

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

All reservations are made onboard Oasis-class now (or from the terminal if you’re there early & the ship’s wifi reaches).

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

You can't book until you board and connect to the ship's wifi through the app or you can go to the ship's box office and staff will helo you.

Thank you both for the quick reply. 

6 minutes ago, Jj343434jj said:

Only on board via the APP or go to Boleros when you board and there will be Royal staff taking  reservations.

I was on June 11-19 and whilst I had reservations for mostly all the shows except Mamma Mia which was not playing that week due to cast mystery illness, most of the other shows the stand by line was good enough. Towards the end of cruise they even stopped checking for times.

BUT, still make a reservation for comedy club even though they do a show in the theater at the end as well.   One can stand at the back of the Aqua show and also enjoy as well.

You will see the folks on the promenade with phones in hand frantically booking the shows when you board. It reminded me to do it as I had not sailed a ship for years that required reservations. Our first Oasis class before Allure on Harmony we booked shows online weeks prior to sailing. Seemed like a fair and less intense process especially when I discovered many who had assigned checkin later than ours on Allure were allowed to board before us. The times were not checked and basically people cut the line to board as we adhered to our checkin time.

Why I prefer older ships with no need to go through this frenzy. Book the comedy show first on Allure though as the capacity is low in that venue and the window to go there closes fast.  The people who don't adhere to their checkin time will snatch them up also.

Edited by coaster

See other posts here on this forum and many freely admit they had a later checkin time and they got to the port early and said they got on before their assigned checkin/boarding time. Just so rude to me. Not an issue so much on older ships where there is not a need to schedule seating for show,  but the Oasis class where folks board earlier than assigned checkin rubs me the wrong way. Royal and their contracted port workers need to enforce the assigned checkin times.

Edited by coaster

It is hard on Oasis ships to get a comedy club reservation, we went to the standby line in December on Allure when it was about 55% full, and were able to get in the first night, and again a few days later, but in the app… NADA.  

It is a frustration, but whether you do it because you are on a roll call and someone says you can book entertainment or it happens based on when you get on the ship, reality is some people are going to not get to book the show.  

Don’t know the resolution to something with demand of 2000 people and room for 600.  

JC

7 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I was on June 11-19 and whilst I had reservations for mostly all the shows except Mamma Mia which was not playing that week due to cast mystery illness, most of the other shows the stand by line was good enough. Towards the end of cruise they even stopped checking for times.

BUT, still make a reservation for comedy club even though they do a show in the theater at the end as well.   One can stand at the back of the Aqua show and also enjoy as well.

I was on that sailing and it was no mystery illness, the cast came down with COVID.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coaster said:

Why I prefer older ships with no need to go through this frenzy. Book the comedy show first on Allure though as the capacity is low in that venue and the window to go there closes fast.  The people who don't adhere to their checkin time will snatch them up also.

For older ships like Radiance, do they allow booking shows before embark?

8 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

It is hard on Oasis ships to get a comedy club reservation, we went to the standby line in December on Allure when it was about 55% full, and were able to get in the first night, and again a few days later, but in the app… NADA.  

JC

Had the same problem on Anthem Easter sail with getting reservations to North Star.  The reservations on the APP supposedly open up at 8AM on port days.  Tried the 1st day and message that all sold out.

Tried the 2nd and same message.  Finally got frustrated and asked the D lounge Concierge for help.  He was able to get me reservations on the 3rd day or last port day.

Don't know if the APP wasn't working or my slow typing skills.😜

PS.  On sea days, there is a charge for the North Star.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JamesEM said:

I was on that sailing and it was no mystery illness, the cast came down with COVID.

well someone on the staff said they got food poisoning in Cozumel.  I was suspicious since food poisoning usually fine after 3-4 days.  

and some of the other rumors were throat issues and dancers quit.  I mean the CD should have just told us.  Very sneaky but then an usher in theatre told me CD falls under the Hotel Director division.

oh well.   makes 2 big shows I did not get to see this year, Mamma Mia, and Hairspray.

Only only left will be Cats in Oct and ain't I lucky

• Haha 2

I was on Allure last week and what I found more annoying is that the people without reservations to the first night Aqua Show were allowed to be seated before me who had a reservation and arrived at 10pm for 1030 showing and had to sit in second row

They needed to do a better job of crowd control on aqua shows

1 hour ago, RSLeesburg said:

We are sailing on Harmony on Sunday and concierge said that suite guests must also reserve seats at all shows.  Is there no longer a reserved section for suite guests?  

I was on a b2b on Harmony in April and suites did not have reserved seats unless you were in Star class and had a genie.  In addition, you now have to show your reservation on your cell phone when you arrive at the venue.  They used to have a list of rooms and they would check you in that way.  

59 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I was on a b2b on Harmony in April and suites did not have reserved seats unless you were in Star class and had a genie.  In addition, you now have to show your reservation on your cell phone when you arrive at the venue.  They used to have a list of rooms and they would check you in that way.  

Thanks.  That’s new.  

11 minutes ago, RSLeesburg said:

Thanks.  That’s new.  

I’ve been on Allure, Symphony, Odyssey, and Harmony in the past 6 months and Harmony was the only ship requiring showing your phone. Maybe it’s only Harmony. It’s my least favorite Oasis class ships.

3 hours ago, sellwingri said:

I’ve been on Allure, Symphony, Odyssey, and Harmony in the past 6 months and Harmony was the only ship requiring showing your phone. Maybe it’s only Harmony. It’s my least favorite Oasis class ships.

Ships, are all big things made of steel and wood and other sundry construction materials.  They literally have nothing to do with your experience on them…. The crew and captain, however do.  So, accurately speaking you are least admiring the crew on the Harmony.  The FlowRiders, are pretty much the same on all.  The Aqua Theatre ditto, etc….

just hit one of my pet peeves, sorry for this rant.

jc

10 minutes ago, coach softball said:

Does anyone have a pic of the show times for the six night sailing on the Allure of the Seas? We sail at the end of the month and I would like to have a plan in place to reserve shows when we board.

Don't count on the times for your sailing being the same as a previous sailing. In April I had everything planned out from a past 8 nighter and it ended up being a complete waste of time. Nothing matched and I had to re-plan everything.

19 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Ships, are all big things made of steel and wood and other sundry construction materials.  They literally have nothing to do with your experience on them…. The crew and captain, however do.  So, accurately speaking you are least admiring the crew on the Harmony.  The FlowRiders, are pretty much the same on all.  The Aqua Theatre ditto, etc….

just hit one of my pet peeves, sorry for this rant.

jc

Where did I say that I didn’t like Harmony because of the “big thing made of steel”?   Not sure what your pet peeve is about.  I’ve had problems on my 3 cruises on Harmony like elevators always being broken, shows never running, and, like I mentioned, that I had to show my reservation on my cell phone.  I don’t dislike the actual ship.