Can you no longer book shows on the Allure?

On 7/1/2022 at 6:50 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Don't count on the times for your sailing being the same as a previous sailing. In April I had everything planned out from a past 8 nighter and it ended up being a complete waste of time. Nothing matched and I had to re-plan everything.

According to you, it definitely may not matter, but I'm curious... We're going on the Allure, our 1st ship of that class and I'm looking in the app at the current sailing and I'm not able to see when the shows requiring reservations are. Is this normal? It doesn't make sense to me that you can't see the show times. I can see the times for other entertainment that doesn't require reservations.

5 hours ago, YadaYadaJodi said:

According to you, it definitely may not matter, but I'm curious... We're going on the Allure, our 1st ship of that class and I'm looking in the app at the current sailing and I'm not able to see when the shows requiring reservations are. Is this normal? It doesn't make sense to me that you can't see the show times. I can see the times for other entertainment that doesn't require reservations.

It may be that you have to be connected to the ship's wifi to see the times for shows requiring reservations. I do remember that sitting in the terminal waiting to board I could not see any times in the app until I connected to Allure's wifi.

5 hours ago, YadaYadaJodi said:

Here's a list of entertainment from my January 8 niter.

5FAEA38C-BE2A-4502-8D63-F65FC75FCBE7.jpe

6 hours ago, YadaYadaJodi said:

You only receive a list of the entertainment requiring reservations once you board the ship. Everything is so fluid these days with these shows, with show times changes or cancel and so you are only privy to the schedule upon embarkation. We sailed in May and our show timings were completely different from the sailings prior. Who knows…Maybe this changes months down the road? 

On 7/1/2022 at 5:46 PM, sellwingri said:

Where did I say that I didn’t like Harmony because of the “big thing made of steel”?   Not sure what your pet peeve is about.  I’ve had problems on my 3 cruises on Harmony like elevators always being broken, shows never running, and, like I mentioned, that I had to show my reservation on my cell phone.  I don’t dislike the actual ship. 

Not saying they fixed all the problems, but this cruise they had list of cabin numbers - and you just had to give them yours.  They checked to see if you had a reservation, and if so, let you through.  Progress!  lol

1 hour ago, RSLeesburg said:

Not saying they fixed all the problems, but this cruise they had list of cabin numbers - and you just had to give them yours.  They checked to see if you had a reservation, and if so, let you through.  Progress!  lol

Great to hear!

On 6/29/2022 at 5:22 PM, Jj343434jj said:

Our cruise starts in 10 days. Is Royal just no longer allowing you to book shows prior to the cruise and have to reserve on the ship? Or is Royal no longer doing reservation at all?

You can't reserve shows now before your cruise, you have to wait until you get on the ship.