At Sea Destination Quebec City, Canada eta 07/01

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Tracy Arm & Juneau, Alaska eta 07/01

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven

0630World.thumb.png.e467a9def7f2bd1cebd9beded739d148.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 10

Thank you for the Getaway Day report, Rich.  Other than Cruise Critic I don't do Social Media.  Handshakes have had tough times since Covid.  Meteors can be spectacular.  I like the quote by Baltimore's own Poe.  Have not been to Port Lincoln and don't know what the meal is.  My alternative is Iced Melon Bisque, Mixed Gourmet Greens, Chicken and Corn Soup, and Fruit Cup au Natural as served on MS Prinsendam the last day of May, 2015.

Today’s care list:

Jaguar crossing the Rainbow Bridge

Melinda with stage 4 cancer
Sam recovering at home from Covid complications
StPeteCruiser recovering from Appendicitis
Covid in Durango shelter staff
Joy’s friend Ron facing Gall Bladder surgery
From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Bennybear DH with melanoma
Strength and healing for Kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Seasick Sailer friend Ron recovering from successful gall bladder surgery \
Kazu’s great neighbor
Tioga Cruiser enjoying Grand Canyon
Volendam caring for refugees
2 days for ski ww (Oosterdam July 2 to 16)
3 days for Mister Boston (Celebrity Summit July 3 to 10)
My getaway day  (QM2 July 1 to 😎
 Nickelpenny (Westerdam to 7/3) ,  jimgev (Noordam to 7/3 plus land trip),  Norseh2o  (Insignia to 7/4) and Crazy for Cats (Zaandam to 7/9) at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 11

Good very early Thursday Morning!  I shook the bus drivers hand the other day and thanked him, it could not have been easy with all the chatter and the director yelling at him while he drove through Atlanta to the History Museum.  But now, I think the hand bump seems to be way to go with Covid rearing it's ugly head again.

9G7Bs4Z8mldyV3NXUhh0cEuKcDjhVtjXHFg5A6ralIKvfFeWc6tQs0Q,,AFD3.jpg 

I would often sit out in the driveway to look at the stars, and always tried to get out during meteor showers, however living in suburbia with lots of lights, does not make it easy.  DH thought I was looking for aliens to come down, and I explained, I was just appreciating the night sky, another Gift from God.  I do often see some meteors, but never seem to get that "best time is right before dawn".  I usually sleep right through that.

Month-Long-Meteor-Shower-Thank-You-Haley

We are off to the oncologist for DH to see about scheduling the nerve block

Have a great day!

1207db70dda0f4d3af31e5012b7c0d25.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 23
  • Haha 12

Good morning.   Thanks for the Reports.

A cool start to the day, but supposed to be hot this afternoon.

An interesting collection of days.  We enjoy watching for meteors.  I haven't shaken anyone's hand in quite a while.  I don't do much social media.

I like the quote.

I'm not sure about the meal, I'll wait until I see the recipe.

I'll pass on the drink today, hope the wine is good.

I've never been to today's port, thanks in advance for pictures.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.

It is 68°F but cloudy today in North East England.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Rich and Roy for today's lists.

We have seen some impressive meteor showers.

Before covid I shook hands with lots of people.

My social media is Cruise Critic and TripAdvisor.

Interesting food and drink.

Strange quote.

I hope everyone is well.

Bon voyage wishes to Roy @rafinmd.

Graham.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Classic Mojito:

Ingredients
1 ½ parts Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
1 part Simple Syrup
2 Lime Wedges
10- 15 Fresh Mint Leaves
Splash of Soda Water
Garnish: Mint Sprig, Lime Wheel

Instructions
In a tall highball glass, gently muddle mint with the lime wedges and simple syrup. Add rum and crushed ice, then stir ensuring that the leaves are distributed all throughout the cocktail. Top with soda water. Garnish with a sprig of mint and lime wheel.

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 7.12.58 AM.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 8

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Funny quote.

Since Covid started, handshakes are becoming rare, on the golf course after a round we do fist pumps instead of the traditional handshake.

Haven't seen many meteors lately but it's always fun to see rocket launches from Cape Kennedy, it was really neat during the Space Shuttle era, a shame that program came to an end. 

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone.   

It is a beautiful start to the day with abundant sunshine and comfortable temperatures.  Should make for great lap walking.  Then, I head to the pool at 11 am.  Today I have to nail down specifics of our new flights.  They are already messing with our flights home from Amsterdam.  The part I like least is that we don't land in Detroit until 11:50 pm.  We have a three hour drive after that.  And this new set of flights haven't been ticketed yet.

Tikka is a dish consisting of pieces of meat or vegetarian alternatives, with its origins tracing back to the Mughal dynasty. It is made by marinating the pieces in spices and yogurt, and cooking them in a tandoor. Tikka is popular throughout the Indian subcontinent and also in countries such as Great Britain. 

When I first searched for Tikka I only got websites for a type of gun.  I thought maybe Rich was having us join the militia and we were getting rations for dinner.  But, there was an entry for Chicken Tikka Masala.  Masala is just one way to use tikka.  https://cafedelites.com/chicken-tikka-masala/

1382515762_chickentikkamarsala.thumb.jpg.1c5592a92d7fe055fd671a57e6ec4448.jpg

Tikka masala is just one way of serving Tikka.  Here is a lamb version.  https://www.endofthefork.com/lamb-tikka/

1600140787_lambtikka1.thumb.jpg.37de0387c59950412ba73c016dd34c38.jpg

This next one is a fish tikka.  There are directions for the oven, air fryer, or a Mealthy Crisplid.  This has the bonus of being low carb and would make a wonderful dinner for me.  I just need to check my spices!   https://spicecravings.com/tandoori-fish-tikka

72816266_fishtikka.thumb.jpg.1ed9e4951a1b010fae29704d5ecef209.jpg

For the vegetarians in the family, here is a paneer tikka.  https://www.cookwithmanali.com/paneer-tikka/

1303096261_Paneertikka.thumb.jpg.ddff3d43ef5bdf7b24baf99d6f2c4d9e.jpg

And here is one more chicken tikka, this time without the masala.    https://www.delish.com/uk/cooking/recipes/a30622260/chicken-tikka/

1737935204_chickentikka1.thumb.jpg.b593a9f658486c130b2375684db6fcab.jpg

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine, victims of gun violence, and our Daily family members who are struggling with challenges.   Prayers of thanksgiving that Ron's surgery went well and that Jacqui  @kazumade it home with her luggage.  Cheers to those who are celebrating and  wishing @rafinmd Roy a Bon Voyage.  

• Like 28
  • Thanks 12

Good Morning from the Zaandam as we head to Quebec.  Thanks for the daily fleet report.   Today's meal suggestion sounds interesting and I'd give it a try.  Lunch will be at Pinnacle,  dinner at Canaletto and sandwiched between is the wine tasting. 

I hope everyone has a good day today. 

20220630_080316.thumb.jpg.0a63292ca1afcfd98e70b099e7687a6e.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich.

Nice collection of days.  We should all celebrate Social Media Day as without Social Media we wouldn’t have Cruise Critic and our wonderful family here on it.

B7B0B659-E222-4928-A307-8BD9C789BC0E.thumb.jpeg.911597b3173ee0987ead4d43b3558ab4.jpeg

Love the quote and I do enjoy an occasional mojito - very refreshing !

A89C1DEB-AC41-489A-AA73-08ADA6BD7066.thumb.jpeg.d2a55ecba2d9ad5098c611935c2a0a88.jpeg

Busy day today - have to get out to get some food (bread is no good after more days away than I had planned 😉) and have to get the old phone off before Apple charges me for the replacement 😉. And then the gardens and spread sheets await me.  Hopefully, I have enough energy for it all after the previous 40 hours 😬 

E9581F15-B8E0-4204-B9BA-02CD8B03B2C2.thumb.jpeg.b1dbb0a1d99a398579745d850c7d33c2.jpeg

As you can tell by the pics,  my peonies bloomed while I was away. One is really weighted down so I’ll see if I can fix it now.  Hoping @rafinmdhas a smooth embarkation.  Bon Voyage, Roy !

2079C992-FA1F-44FE-9BC0-F4ED1A92C497.thumb.jpeg.f991dd74fe32218cdf097381fdfd17d0.jpeg

I better head out to try to beat the crowds.

5C6FFE61-F99B-4FC2-99A2-520F1A4F3564.thumb.jpeg.f9a97ed829d51c72243ad1fc67bca350.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday everyone !!!!!!

3494E730-8F23-4D9B-B4E8-37791DC6E3F8.thumb.jpeg.7218ec5df41bc38a70c855454194c636.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 36
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

Good morning. Have been to today’s port of call, been awhile since I have seen a meteor and here and FB are my only social media outlet’s. The Daily always amazes me with the wonderful group of folks that feel comfortable here and some who haven’t even sailed on Hal. How did you find us?

Today’s packing day, which will take some thought as we are sweltering in the nineties and our destination is fifty-sixty five temps. We have appointments for pedicures this afternoon and so I will proclaim today Happy Feet Day at our abode! 

Thanks for the Fleet Report and all who contribute.,

Bon Voyage! Roy

Prayers for all and that all may have a healthy, safe and joyful day.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich. Another gorgeous morning here. A couple contractors coming to fix things this morning. 

Bon Voyage, Roy! Thank you for even trying to keep up with us - take time to savor the journey. Morning Dailyites. Off to pick up a couple things at the grocery store for my neighborhood gathering on the 3rd. Then back to meet with the contractors. 

Thank goodness for safety cones!  Our grammarians will notice the problem with the following post. 
D89783C0-FDD3-4B2A-B52E-7CFD8878A5D0.jpeg.70c7f8f56973bb2ee5a152a241888c4d.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Ego Bodegas 2019 Goru Verde Monastrell (Jumilla)

Another grape variety with which I am unfamiliar. But this wine’s very good - excellent ratings and very reasonable price makes me want to try it. Available from several online distributors with prices starting at $8.95.

DESCRIPTION

Notes

"Black cherry with purple violet hues. Clean, fragrant with a bouquet of spices, violets and blueberries. Smooth texture, with savoury red fruits, soft with a round tannins, well-balanced acidity and a pure finish." —winemaker

Critical Acclaim

"Spicy plum and berry aromas come with a level of roasted wildness that's familiar to well-made Monastrell from Jumilla. This is tight and well-structured, especially for the variety. Roasted, savory black plum and blackberry flavors finish smooth and easy. Drink now." — 90 Wine Enthusiast

• Like 26
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 9

16 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich.

Nice collection of days.  We should all celebrate Social Media Day as without Social Media we wouldn’t have Cruise Critic and our wonderful family here on it.

B7B0B659-E222-4928-A307-8BD9C789BC0E.thumb.jpeg.911597b3173ee0987ead4d43b3558ab4.jpeg

Love the quote and I do enjoy an occasional mojito - very refreshing !

A89C1DEB-AC41-489A-AA73-08ADA6BD7066.thumb.jpeg.d2a55ecba2d9ad5098c611935c2a0a88.jpeg

Busy day today - have to get out to get some food (bread is no good after more days away than I had planned 😉) and have to get the old phone off before Apple charges me for the replacement 😉. And then the gardens and spread sheets await me.  Hopefully, I have enough energy for it all after the previous 40 hours 😬 

E9581F15-B8E0-4204-B9BA-02CD8B03B2C2.thumb.jpeg.b1dbb0a1d99a398579745d850c7d33c2.jpeg

As you can tell by the pics,  my peonies bloomed while I was away. One is really weighted down so I’ll see if I can fix it now.  Hoping @rafinmdhas a smooth embarkation.  Bon Voyage, Roy !

2079C992-FA1F-44FE-9BC0-F4ED1A92C497.thumb.jpeg.f991dd74fe32218cdf097381fdfd17d0.jpeg

I better head out to try to beat the crowds.

5C6FFE61-F99B-4FC2-99A2-520F1A4F3564.thumb.jpeg.f9a97ed829d51c72243ad1fc67bca350.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday everyone !!!!!!

3494E730-8F23-4D9B-B4E8-37791DC6E3F8.thumb.jpeg.7218ec5df41bc38a70c855454194c636.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

Glad you made it home safely!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning from the Zaandam as we head to Quebec.  Thanks for the daily fleet report.   Today's meal suggestion sounds interesting and I'd give it a try.  Lunch will be at Pinnacle,  dinner at Canaletto and sandwiched between is the wine tasting. 

I hope everyone has a good day today. 

Life is good!   Enjoy.

• Like 22

@aliaschief My BFF, Dan, who we took several years ago to Alaska, wanted to go back.  He wanted our company, as we travel well together.  He knew that HAL owns the seas in Alaska, and he wanted to go to Sitka.  He asked me where I wanted to go, and my bucket list was Kodiak.  He booked the cruise, and I pay for the excursions.  Seems fair, but I had never been on a BHB, just Cunard and Carnival, so I came here, to the Holland site, and not getting answers to my questions, I saw the Daily  thread.  And read.  For several days, and then one day I posted, and you guys welcomed me.  I felt like I had found the family I never had.  Emotionally adopted and happy at last.  And that's how I came here.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@aliaschief My BFF, Dan, who we took several years ago to Alaska, wanted to go back.  He wanted our company, as we travel well together.  He knew that HAL owns the seas in Alaska, and he wanted to go to Sitka.  He asked me where I wanted to go, and my bucket list was Kodiak.  He booked the cruise, and I pay for the excursions.  Seems fair, but I had never been on a BHB, just Cunard and Carnival, so I came here, to the Holland site, and not getting answers to my questions, I saw the Daily  thread.  And read.  For several days, and then one day I posted, and you guys welcomed me.  I felt like I had found the family I never had.  Emotionally adopted and happy at last.  And that's how I came here.

Interesting and we are happy you found us.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

An early good morning from central Texas.  It looks like we'll be in the mid 90sF through Saturday, 99F Sunday and back in triple digits on Monday.  Our small town is having the July 4th festivities and parade on Saturday.

Meteor showers can be spectacular or ho-hum depending on the time one is looking.  The best one I've seen was one night in Price, Utah, when I took the dogs out for their last nightly outing.  The meteors could be seen every few seconds.  We stopped shaking hands for the most part years ago because of the  noro virus.  It amazes me how many medical personnel want to shake hands now.  While I have a FB account, I very, very rarely post,  CC and the Daily are my social media of choice.

A very interesting quote by an interesting man.

We'll pass on the meal.  A classic Mojito is one of my favorite drinks, even if on the Prinsendam, Linda Minkin made fun of them every time she saw me drinking one.  The wine sounds like one I want to try.

We have not been to Port Lincoln, Australia.

@rafinmd  🚢  BON VOYAGE, ROY! 🎉    Safe travels and have a great cruise. 

@kazu Jacqui, your flowers are lovely.

@cat shepard  Ann, I looved the meme.

@Crazy For Cats  It sounds like you have a busy sea day planned.

@aliaschief  When packing think layers.

@marshhawk  Ann, I'm happy you found us and joined our family.  I hope the oncologist will schedule the nerve block for your DH soon, and that it will relieve the pain.

Lenda 

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 2