contact your travel advisor

Vibrant cities & scenic waterfronts

Viking Ship in water

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Silver Spirits Beverage Package
Plus, Reduced Fares

ASK FOR OFFER: GFA23

LEARN MORE

Pay homage to music history at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. Admire the postmodern and art deco skyscrapers along Detroit’s waterfront. Or visit thundering Niagara Falls, formed by melting glaciers at the end of the last Ice Age. When you embark on a Great Lakes voyage with us, you will have the opportunity to explore vibrant cities and the great outdoors. Reserve your stateroom today and enjoy special savings on a journey in 2023–FREE roundtrip airfare, a FREE Silver Spirits Beverage Package and reduced fares.

FEATURED VOYAGES

Niagara & the Great Lakes

Niagara & the Great Lakes

8 DAYS | Milwaukee to Toronto

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Beverage Package
Plus, Reduced Fares
On Apr–Jul 2023 Departures

Browse exhibits at The Henry Ford Museum of Innovation in Detroit and experience the world-famous Niagara Falls in Ontario.

Undiscovered Great Lakes

Undiscovered Great Lakes

8 DAYS | Thunder Bay to Milwaukee

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Beverage Package
Plus, Reduced Fares
On May–Jul 2023 Departures

Admire views of the Sleeping Giant mesas in Thunder Bay and ride a vintage train on the North Shore Scenic Railroad in Duluth.

Great Lakes Explorer

Great Lakes Explorer

8 DAYS | Milwaukee to Thunder Bay

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Beverage Package
Plus, Reduced Fares
On May & Jun 2023 Departures

Observe wildlife along the Georgian Bay coastline and enjoy a kayak ride on Lake Superior from Silver Islet.

Great Lakes Explorer

NEW ITINERARY

Great Lakes Collection

15 DAYS | Duluth to Toronto

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Beverage Package
Plus, Reduced Fares
On Jun–Aug 2023 Departures

Explore the Great Lakes Maritime Heritage Center in Alpena and sample culinary delights at the West Side Market in Cleveland.

Great Lakes Explorer

Canadian Discovery

13 DAYS | New York City to Toronto

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Beverage Package
Plus, Reduced Fares
On May & Aug 2023 Departures

Witness the charming lighthouse on Peggy’s Cove and participate in a paper-making workshop at the Boréalis heritage museum in Trois-Rivières.

EXTEND YOUR VOYAGE

Easter Islands

Algonquin Park

Enjoy a cranberry wine tasting in the “Cranberry Capital of Ontario” and discover the Haliburton Forest & Wildlife Reserve with three additional nights in Canada.

LEARN MORE
SOC_Facebook SOC_YouTube SOC_Instagram SOC_Pinterest

Offer GFA23: Offer valid on bookings made from Apr 5 to Apr 30, 2023. FREE roundtrip airfare and complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package valid on select Apr-Jul 2023 departures of Niagara & the Great Lakes; select May-Jul 2023 departures of Undiscovered Great Lakes; select May & Jun 2023 departures of Great Lakes Explorer; select Jun-Aug 2023 departures of Great Lakes Collection; select May & Aug 2023 departures of Canadian Discovery. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Apr 30, 2023; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Apr 30, 2023. 

5700 Canoga Avenue, Suite 200, Woodland Hills, California 91367

©1997-2023 All Rights Reserved | Advertisement CST: 2052644-40

Unsubscribe  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms & Conditions  |  View Web Version

On 4/4/2023 at 3:21 PM, Selion said:

Surprise in the mailbox!  The actual, USPS, mailbox.  Received my 1st ever Viking brochure in print!  Anyhow, there is a promo for Ocean cruises valid for April in addition to the $25 deposit.

$500 or $1000 onboard credit

Offer Code LCT23

Based my flipping through the brochure, $500 OBC offer on all European & Americas/Caribbean cruises under 20 days.  $1000 OBC offer on all European & Americas/Caribbean cruises over 20 days, and all Asia & Australia cruises.  Code appears to work all dates between now to 2025.

Here is what my Viking person sent me regarding this promotion.  The devil is in the details, to be sure and not quite like stated above.   They list specific itineraries that the offer LCT23 applies to.  Two points to consider.  It does NOT apply to all itineraries, only those listed.   It does apply to all dates that currently appear on Web Site for those specific listed itineraries up into 2025 and to new bookings only.

From Viking:

Here is the specific list of cruises (49) under the LCT23 promotion.  The longer cruises get the $1000 per stateroom shipboard credit and the shorter cruises get $500 per cabin shipboard credit.  

Across the Bay of Bengal

Adriatic and Mediterranean Sojourn

Alaska and the Inside Passage

Amazon and Caribbean Adventure

Ancient Adriatic Treasures

Ancient Mediterranean Antiquities

Ancient Mediterranean Treasures

Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia

Baltic Jewels and the Midnight Sun

Bangkok, Bali and Beyond

British Isles and Iceland Explorer

British Isles Explorer

Cities of Antiquity and the Holy Land

Classic Panama Canal Passage

Far East and Alaska

Far Eastern Horizons

Grand Australia Circumnavigation

Grand Fjords and Iconic Viking Shores

Grand Hawaii and Polynesia

Grand Pacific Explorer

Greek Odyssey

Greenland, Iceland, Norway and Beyond

Iceland and Norway’s Arctic Explorer

Iceland’s Majestic Landscapes

Iconic Iceland, Greenland and Canada

Iconic Mediterranean Treasures

Iconic Western Mediterranean

Into the Midnight Sun

Italian Sojourn

Italy, the Adriatic and Greece

Journey to Antiquities

Komodo and the Australian Coast

Mediterranean and Adriatic Sojourn

Mediterranean and Italian Sojourn

Mediterranean and Italian Sojourn

Mediterranean Antiquities

Mediterranean’s Iconic Shores

North Pacific Passage

Panama Canal and Central America

Scandinavia and the British Isles

South America and the Chilean Fjords

South Pacific Sojourn

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia and Hong Kong

Southeast Asia Horizons

Venice, the Adriatic and Greece

Viking Homelands

Viking Homelands and Majestic Iceland

Voyage of Marco Polo

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MikeyB said:

Try EAN23

Thanks!  It does work, but not for the date I am looking at.  In case anyone is interested, it works for 2023 Antartica and South Georgia but not for 2024.  I didn't check any other cruises.  

6 hours ago, TravelingT said:

Thanks!  It does work, but not for the date I am looking at.  In case anyone is interested, it works for 2023 Antartica and South Georgia but not for 2024.  I didn't check any other cruises.  

Thanks for this code!  I was able to use it for next 2024 January cruise which gave free airfare and discounted fare!!!!

• Like 2

Explore the Mediterranean this summer

Vikig ship in water

FREE Stateroom Upgrade &
FREE International Airfare
Plus, Reduced Fares

ASK FOR OFFER: AES23

CHECK AVAILABILITY

Sunshine and warm weather make summer one of the most enjoyable seasons to explore the Mediterranean. From spending the day outdoors visiting one of antiquity’s best-preserved cities in Turkey to discovering an authentic Italian gelato shop during a balmy evening stroll, you can experience the history and culture of this fascinating region on an ocean voyage with us. Book now to take advantage of a special offer—a FREE stateroom upgrade, FREE international airfare and newly reduced fares—on one of the enriching journeys below.

FEATURED OCEAN VOYAGES

Romantic Danube

Athens to Istanbul

FREE Stateroom Upgrade &
Plus, Newly Reduced Fares

Departures: May–Aug 2023

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Danube Waltz
Empires of the Mediterranean

Athens to Venice

FREE Stateroom Upgrade &

Departure: Jul 21, 2023

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Elegant Elbe
Mediterranean Odyssey

Venice to Barcelona

FREE Stateroom Upgrade &

Departures: Jul 30 & Aug 11, 2023

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Holland & Belgium
Iceland, British Isles & Iberia

Barcelona to Reykjavík

FREE Stateroom Upgrade &

Departure: May 29, 2023

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ral1 said:

Explore the Mediterranean this summer

Vikig ship in water

FREE Stateroom Upgrade &
Plus, Reduced Fares

ASK FOR OFFER: AES23

CHECK AVAILABILITY

Sunshine and warm weather make summer one of the most enjoyable seasons to explore the Mediterranean. From spending the day outdoors visiting one of antiquity’s best-preserved cities in Turkey to discovering an authentic Italian gelato shop during a balmy evening stroll, you can experience the history and culture of this fascinating region on an ocean voyage with us. Book now to take advantage of a special offer—a FREE stateroom upgrade, FREE international airfare and newly reduced fares—on one of the enriching journeys below.

FEATURED OCEAN VOYAGES

Romantic Danube

Athens to Istanbul

FREE Stateroom Upgrade &

Departures: May–Aug 2023

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Danube Waltz
Empires of the Mediterranean

Athens to Venice

FREE Stateroom Upgrade &

Departure: Jul 21, 2023

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Elegant Elbe
Mediterranean Odyssey

Venice to Barcelona

FREE Stateroom Upgrade &

Departures: Jul 30 & Aug 11, 2023

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Holland & Belgium
Iceland, British Isles & Iberia

Barcelona to Reykjavík

FREE Stateroom Upgrade &

Departure: May 29, 2023

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Wow! If you’re good with the Med in the summer, you can do the Med Odyssey for 2 with air in a DV2 for $9,998 before Explorers Club and any other discounts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m new to Viking.  If I booked a cruise yesterday and see a promo today for that cruise, if I call to apply that promo, would I be able to that (cancel and rebook or modify the existing booking) without the $200 penalty, with $200 penalty (in my case actually it would be $50 only because of $25 pp refused deposit promotion), or not able to do it at all?

Kirtihk, that same thing happened to me a few months ago. Call immediately, and they might just give you the better promo code, without having to cancel and rebook. They did that for me when I called the day after booking a cruise, because I got a much better promo code in the mail. They don’t have to do it, but if you call right away you might get lucky. In our case, we ended up with cheaper flights, a free beverage package, and a cabin upgrade. It never hurts to ask!

A somewhat similar question.  We board Viking Ocean on 01 May--one day after a current promo is due to expire on 30 April.  We're looking to use EBD for a Viking River cruise in 2025.  Anyone had any experience in having a promo extended by a day or so?  (Although EBD might be one that is usually available--but not sure if the $25 deposit will be.)

Also, we booked a cruise voucher onboard our Viking River cruise ($200 value for $100 payment).  Do we need to bring it physically on board with us or will Viking have it associated with our name?

Many thanks,

33 minutes ago, loriva said:

A somewhat similar question.  We board Viking Ocean on 01 May--one day after a current promo is due to expire on 30 April.  We're looking to use EBD for a Viking River cruise in 2025.  Anyone had any experience in having a promo extended by a day or so?  (Although EBD might be one that is usually available--but not sure if the $25 deposit will be.)

Also, we booked a cruise voucher onboard our Viking River cruise ($200 value for $100 payment).  Do we need to bring it physically on board with us or will Viking have it associated with our name?

Many thanks,

Not sure about the first paragraph, but the $200 certificates are attached to your name and all you need to do is mention you have them when booking. You don’t need the serial numbers or anything else. I use the same Viking agent, but I would guess travel agents would find out from Viking as well.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, loriva said:

Viking won't extend a promo, by even one day.

And just my 2 cents.  EBD, in my experience, is not the type of promotion that saves you money.  

Further (still my 2 cents), I would never be booking a 2025 river cruise in 2023 unless your looking at the Explorer Suite, in which case you don't need a promo.  Anyone who has cruised with Viking for 5 years or less will tell you to be patient and a real promo will come your way.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeyB said:

And just my 2 cents.  EBD, in my experience, is not the type of promotion that saves you money.  

Further (still my 2 cents), I would never be booking a 2025 river cruise in 2023 unless your looking at the Explorer Suite, in which case you don't need a promo.  Anyone who has cruised with Viking for 5 years or less will tell you to be patient and a real promo will come your way.

Just my 2 cents.

So, if promo comes, say, couple months prior to a cruise date, cabins would be always available for any given cruise?

3 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

So, if promo comes, say, couple months prior to a cruise date, cabins would be always available for any given cruise?

Viking is offering promotions to sell the unsold cabins.  I just booked a Viking ocean cruise with a promo that will save me a minimum of $6K and it is just a 2 week cruise for a Veranda cabin.  The sailing is this May.  I have a couple of rivers for July and August (hello Viking, it's me) that I also booked with promotions that will save me about $5K for each.  

If you wait you might have to give up a specific cabin or date.  The key is flexibility.

Now, if this river cruise you wish to take is the Nile cruise, then I would suggest you book for 2025 now.  The supply and demand is in Vikings favor.  That's why the cruises are so expensive and there are no promotions for Egypt.

I feel you can get whatever you want (except for the Nile) with a good promotion about 11-12 months from sailing.

Is there anyone reading this that would disagree?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MikeyB said:

Viking is offering promotions to sell the unsold cabins.  I just booked a Viking ocean cruise with a promo that will save me a minimum of $6K and it is just a 2 week cruise for a Veranda cabin.  The sailing is this May.  I have a couple of rivers for July and August (hello Viking, it's me) that I also booked with promotions that will save me about $5K for each.  

If you wait you might have to give up a specific cabin or date.  The key is flexibility.

Now, if this river cruise you wish to take is the Nile cruise, then I would suggest you book for 2025 now.  The supply and demand is in Vikings favor.  That's why the cruises are so expensive and there are no promotions for Egypt.

I feel you can get whatever you want (except for the Nile) with a good promotion about 11-12 months from sailing.

Is there anyone reading this that would disagree?

The additional benefit of waiting is not having to deal with early payment in full dates.

• Like 3

Tried AES23 code for Iceland, Brit Isles and Iberia yesterday.  Returned all promos as listed, $4999 V to all DV, nice price.

Today tried again, only returned free Air, but no free upgrades, V2 was 5999 then higher up from there.

Chatted with agent, said I should call in for promo.  Anyone else have similar issues?

Edited by FetaCheese
Addl info

16 hours ago, MikeyB said:

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the feedback.  We're locked into dates for the Douro River cruise as we're taking a TA to Lisbon.  Cruise calendar for 2023 and 2024 is also full, so no other cruise to book for onboard benefits.

12 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Tried AES23 code for Iceland, Brit Isles and Iberia yesterday.  Returned all promos as listed, $4999 V to all DV, nice price.

Today tried again, only returned free Air, but no free upgrades, V2 was 5999 then higher up from there.

Chatted with agent, said I should call in for promo.  Anyone else have similar issues?

I would assume that Viking no longer had any need to offer reduced fares as the ship increased the number of newly booked cabins, most likely due to the AES23 sale. I have also seen this with other ocean itineraries within a few days of the start of a sale. It would seem that Viking may set a limit to the number of cabins available at the sale rate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can someone please pinch me.

I have complained and whined for years.  Always feeling that no one was listening to me.

And then a ray of light appeared (again).

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages (over 18) my third promo brochure has arrived.

It's called 2023 and 2024 Ocean Voyages.

A marvelous $25 deposit

Free stateroom upgrade

And (only) a $500 shipboard credit.

Oh, the code is WES23

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

Can someone please pinch me.

I have complained and whined for years.  Always feeling that no one was listening to me.

And then a ray of light appeared (again).

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages (over 18) my third promo brochure has arrived.

It's called 2023 and 2024 Ocean Voyages.

A marvelous $25 deposit

Free stateroom upgrade

And (only) a $500 shipboard credit.

Oh, the code is WES23

Thanks, MikeyB . . .

Wondering if there is a short list of cruises this applies to.

I just tried several different ones for 2023 and 2024 and got invalid promo code on Price & Build.  Did the Promo say which specific cruises were included?

Only because we have been on 2 cruises together, yet never met.

P

Canal and C America

West Indies Explorer

Classic P Canal Passage

P Canal and the P Coast

Hawaiian Islands Sojourn

Canada and N England Scenic Shores....I think you booked that one!

And then there are Med Voyages

Iconic Western Med

Ancient Med Treasures

Cities of Ants and the Holy Land

Journey to Ants

Greek Odyssey

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeyB said:

Only because we have been on 2 cruises together, yet never met.

P

Canal and C America

West Indies Explorer

Classic P Canal Passage

P Canal and the P Coast

Hawaiian Islands Sojourn

Canada and N England Scenic Shores....I think you booked that one!

And then there are Med Voyages

Iconic Western Med

Ancient Med Treasures

Cities of Ants and the Holy Land

Journey to Ants

Greek Odyssey

Muchas Gracias!

I think I might have seen you at the Explorer's Bar once on the bar stool, but you were happily engaged in conversation with the bartender 🙂

On 4/8/2023 at 10:39 PM, FetaCheese said:

AES23 is working on Viking's site again.

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/AES23/20230407

• Thanks 1