Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Yes.  I always practice "HUCA" when dealing/calling Viking. (Hang up call again).  It's amazing how many times a different person has a different answer!!

Always!!  However getting it in writing is sometimes a problem.

1 hour ago, Jjg34219 said:

Our cruise in December which is fully paid for now includes free Silver Spirits on the Labor Day Sale. Is that something we should now have our TA try to get included?

Le me know how it goes… we are in the same boat (well, not exactly the same boat) and my wife wrote to tellus yesterday to enquire. Let’s see what happens…

Anybody see a code for the September Bon Voyage promo?  Usually appears in a letter mailing but nothing yet.  Different than the Welcome Home 14 Day promotion (which I don't think requires a code).

46 minutes ago, Mitina said:

Anybody see a code for the September Bon Voyage promo?  Usually appears in a letter mailing but nothing yet.  Different than the Welcome Home 14 Day promotion (which I don't think requires a code).

We took advantage of a bon voyage promo in July. It was offered by telephone by my Viking agent, and like the welcome home promo, there was no code and we were able to combine it with a promo code. It was $200 each off cruise fare plus $100 each OBC. 

10 hours ago, Squawkman said:

It was offered by telephone by my Viking agent, and like the welcome home promo, there was no code and we were able to combine it with a promo code.

What it was called was the Special Future Guest promotion and was in a mailing.  Most recent code was CD824 and my guy said it's definitely expired and a new one sent out.  Hoping somebody got the newest mail notice.

4 hours ago, Mitina said:

What it was called was the Special Future Guest promotion and was in a mailing.  Most recent code was CD824 and my guy said it's definitely expired and a new one sent out.  Hoping somebody got the newest mail notice.

The 824 indicates an August 2024 promotion. The previous code contained 724. The new one should contain 924.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

The 824 indicates an August 2024 promotion. The previous code contained 724. The new one should contain 924.

FD724 which included $500 or $1k discount plus double past guest and $25 deposit was more generous than FD824.  FD924 doesn't work for my sailings

1 hour ago, Baron Barracuda said:

FD724 which included $500 or $1k discount plus double past guest and $25 deposit was more generous than FD824.  FD924 doesn't work for my sailings

Some Special Future Guest promotion codes only work when you call in.

22 hours ago, Mitina said:

Anybody see a code for the September Bon Voyage promo? 

11 hours ago, Mitina said:

What it was called was the Special Future Guest promotion and was in a mailing.

these are two different promotions. As I understand it, you can’t use both together, but you can use another code with Bon Voyage (I did it). Bon Voyage is really like booking on board before you go - discount increases with the length of the cruise - and the discounts for both fare and OBC are called “On board booking” on our statement.

Edited by Squawkman
Incomplete
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Squawkman said:

these are two different promotions. As I understand it, you can’t use both together, but you can use another code with Bon Voyage (I did it). Bon Voyage is really like booking on board before you go - discount increases with the length of the cruise - and the discounts for both fare and OBC are called “On board booking” on our statement.

We aren’t very familiar with this site yet, asking for definitions of the different discounts mentioned here, example Bon Voyage - when do you get it and what is it you usually get, etc and any other promo info helpful to save. We’ve asked Viking several times for emails, brochures; the last brochure we got was LAST Labor Day. Thank you so much for information!

12 minutes ago, T&jw said:

We aren’t very familiar with this site yet, asking for definitions of the different discounts mentioned here

As far as I can determine, there's three types of promotional discounts for a new booking. 

• Bon Voyage: you have a cruise coming up within 30 (or 14?) days
  • Welcome Home: you just returned and can get the discount the onboard cruise consultant had offered
  • Future Cruise: a promo for a new booking if you already have one or two future already booked (requires a code)

25 minutes ago, Mitina said:

As far as I can determine, there's three types of promotional discounts for a new booking. 

• Bon Voyage: you have a cruise coming up within 30 (or 14?) days
  • Welcome Home: you just returned and can get the discount the onboard cruise consultant had offered
  • Future Cruise: a promo for a new booking if you already have one or two future already booked (requires a code)

Some embellishments to Mitina’s excellent summation:

Bon voyage actually gets you the discount the onboard consultant would offer - except since you’re not on a cruise at the time, the OBC is for the new cruise booked. If I remember, we were offered the discounts 30 days before embarkation, but there was a deadline of I think a week before to book. It was offered directly by the Viking agent with whom we booked the upcoming cruise.

Welcome home can be utilized if you book within 2 weeks of disembarkation. I’ve used this several times and received $200 per person OBC regardless of the new cruise length. The most recent Welcome Home promo we were offered was a month ago and it was now $300 per person OBC. Again, offered directly by our Viking agent.

Future cruise promo is offered by email and requires a promo code. Therefore, it cannot be combined with other promo codes (unlike Bon Voyage and Welcome Home). Although it uses a code, you cannot book on line.

Edited by Squawkman
Corrections

6 hours ago, Squawkman said:

Some embellishments to Mitina’s excellent summation:

Bon voyage actually gets you the discount the onboard consultant would offer - except since you’re not on a cruise at the time, the OBC is for the new cruise booked. If I remember, we were offered the discounts 30 days before embarkation, but there was a deadline of I think a week before to book. It was offered directly by the Viking agent with whom we booked the upcoming cruise.

Welcome home can be utilized if you book within 2 weeks of disembarkation. I’ve used this several times and received $200 per person OBC regardless of the new cruise length. The most recent Welcome Home promo we were offered was a month ago and it was now $300 per person OBC. Again, offered directly by our Viking agent.

Future cruise promo is offered by email and requires a promo code. Therefore, it cannot be combined with other promo codes (unlike Bon Voyage and Welcome Home). Although it uses a code, you cannot book on line.

Thank you both for taking the time to clarify great information! We’re definitely going to be able to save money booking planned cruises.

16 minutes ago, CDNPolar said:

Anyone have a promo code for September?

Looking for a new booking, but we are previous Viking guests and have other bookings live now.

The Labor Day one I posted is good until the 8th. 

14 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

The Labor Day one I posted is good until the 8th. 

Thanks, unfortunately I want it for Iceland's Natural Beauty and that cruise is not on the list.

I will ask VIking, but fear that this one won't work.

44 minutes ago, CDNPolar said:

Thanks, unfortunately I want it for Iceland's Natural Beauty and that cruise is not on the list.

I will ask VIking, but fear that this one won't work.

Currently the Viking website has an End of Summer sale for this cruise. No promo code. Looks like next summer sailings are filling up. I wouldn’t wait too long to book.

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/baltic/icelands-natural-beauty/index.html?startLocation=reykjavik&endLocation=reykjavik&year=202

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 3

On 9/1/2024 at 6:33 PM, Mitina said:

First delivery for normal mail from USPS for the month of September is today, September 3. I do have a letter coming in today's mail from Torstein. It could be a future cruise promotion as well as we seem to get them both.  If nothing is posted before I get my mail and open it, I can provide for those that don't get the letter.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Currently the Viking website has an End of Summer sale for this cruise. No promo code. Looks like next summer sailings are filling up. I wouldn’t wait too long to book.

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/baltic/icelands-natural-beauty/index.html?startLocation=reykjavik&endLocation=reykjavik&year=202

Thanks - have a booking under the "End of Summer Sale" but was looking for further discount.  

7 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

End of Summer Sale terms - 

2024-2026 OCEAN CRUISE AND AIR FARES: Offer applies to bookings made from September 1-30, 2024. Terms & conditions for select promotions may vary. $25 deposit is applicable to all itineraries except World Cruise products. Special fares plus up to FREE roundtrip airfare valid on select departures of Canada & New England Scenic Shores; Eastern Seaboard Discovery; Grand Hawaii & Polynesia; Hawaiian Islands Sojourn; Panama Canal & Central America; Panama Canal & the Pacific Coast. Airfares may vary on other gateways & departures. Airfare does not have to be purchased to get cruise\cruisetour offer. All prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Additional restrictions may apply. 2024: Pay in full by September 30, 2024 or at time of booking if within 120 days of departure. 2025: Pay in full by October 31, 2024. 2026: Pay in full by April 30, 2025. Offer may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Offers Expires September 30, 2024.

*$25 DEPOSIT: For itineraries 35 days or less, a $25 deposit applies to February 2025 & onward departures; for itineraries greater than 35 days, a $25 deposit applies to April 2025 & onward departures; World Cruise products excluded; call for details.

• Like 1