Favourite martini

sunlover33

@jelayne mentioned in another thread quite some time ago that she goes straight  the Martini Bar upon boarding and has a Lycheetini. I tried one for the first time on our first post-shutdown cruise last September. It was good!

On our May 3 cruise, I had another, and texted her to let her know i was thinking of her. 

IMG_9046.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

Hi Everyone seen lots of post about the martini bar and martini drinking in general which seem to be a very popular pastime while onboard. I’m a whiskey and red wine drinker normally but may branch out on this cruise to try some martinis. Are there any particular martinis you would recommend based in my usual drinking habits or any martinis that are a must try? 

Hi @sunlover33 If you are a lover of whiskey and wine try asking for a Boulevardier at some where like the WCB. Slightly off menu but a lovely Burbon based drink never the less and the WCB should have the ingredients. My prefered recipie is 2 parts Woodford reserve, 1 part Carpano Antica sweet vermouth and 1 part campari 😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, towel-animal said:

Yum! Tell me more about this one. Boarding Infinity tomorrow - will the bartender know what I’m talking about if I order this?

We were served this one on our sailing up the Pacific Coast in May of this year. 

Our original plan was to work our way through the menu, but that was sidelined a bit at the opening when we asked if there were any “special” martinis that were not on the menu. That’s when we were introduced to the Toasted Almond Martini. 

I can’t guarantee that the bartenders at the Martini Bar on Infinity will know about this one, but I suspect your chances at getting one (or more) will be quite high.

Have a Wonderful cruise!

Randy

• Like 1

Appletini on the rocks by far unless they put triple-sec in it & ruin it.  It should be just half Mr. Boston sour apple & half vodka.  Believe it or not, for me, even a different sour apple ruins it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, markeb said:

I have to confess that I pretty much go with Hendricks and a vermouth rinse. I'll vary between olives and a twist of lemon.

And I find it criminal when I order a dry martini and am asked what vodka. This never happened to the other fella! (OHMSS)

I love the vermouth rinse martini. Tanqueray 10 with a twist, or Hendricks with a slice of cucumber. I don’t remember if they have cucumber slices at the Martini Bar. At home, it’s Boodles on the rocks with a twist and 3 sprays of vermouth from the Martini Mister.

21 hours ago, markeb said:

And I find it criminal when I order a dry martini and am asked what vodka.

Recently at a nice restaurant/bar in Culpeper County I witnessed a pretty young bartender being walked out in 'cuffs for asking the very same question of a fellow bar patron. You looked stern 'M' as you walked her to the flashing blues. 

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

We had six couples on an August 2019 Reflection cruise from Amsterdam that went to England, Scotland, and Ireland.  Every evening we spent considerable time at the Martini Bar and were able to sit our entire group at the adjacent Crush Bar prior to our 6:30pm Select dinner reservations.  Most of the wives were enjoying various martinis (my wife loves the Classic Grey Goose vodka martini with a couple olives), but I always stuck with my regular Hendricks gin and tonic with a slice of cucumber (I referred to the cucumber as my vegetable for the day).  We tipped the bartenders quite well during the cruise, and they always remembered me because I tipped with $2 bills which you don’t often see.  The last night of the cruise the bartenders made up these two  special martinis saying, “I Miss You” 🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸

John

image.thumb.jpeg.b7a2b07017ed9adf0daa9c349f8ba1b2.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PokerFaceNJ said:

Love Bombay Sapphire Gin and my fav at the Martini Bar is the Gin Gimlet!

Now that is a version that you do not hear mentioned too often. I like a Gimlet on occasion myself and I add sweetened lime juice to the vodka or gin. I am sure that most Gimlet drinkers prefer fresh squeezed lime in the mix, with or without the addition of simple syrup.