Holland America drops pre cruise testing for some cruises

Sailing on Rotterdam from Amsterdam

Holland America Line Removes Test Requirements For At Least Three Cruises

Guests booked on three cruises sailing on July 10, July 17, and July 24 have been informed that they no longer need to comply with the testing requirements. The pre-cruise testing measures have been in place since the cruise industry started operations again and have been an eyesore for many guests.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I knew something was not right with this carrier.

They changed a connecting flight right before the lockdown which left us stranded in London overnight.  They were totally unresponsive as to assistance.  I'm a former road warrior, familiar with what airlines are required to do under US and EU regulations.

We made lemonade out of it and had wonderful evening in London, which we had never visited before.  Tried fish and chips in twice, rode on the Tube, saw Kensington Palace, London Tower, all the good tourist places.  In the end, we are thankful for that quick trip as the lockdown happened right after that.  We still fondly reminisce about that evening. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mpk said:

I knew something was not right with this carrier.

They changed a connecting flight right before the lockdown which left us stranded in London overnight.  They were totally unresponsive as to assistance.  I'm a former road warrior, familiar with what airlines are required to do under US and EU regulations.

We made lemonade out of it and had wonderful evening in London, which we had never visited before.  Tried fish and chips in twice, rode on the Tube, saw Kensington Palace, London Tower, all the good tourist places.  In the end, we are thankful for that quick trip as the lockdown happened right after that.  We still fondly reminisce about that evening. 

Nowegian used to be really bad about stranding folks. Not sure they even exist anymore.

42 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

They are still operating in Europe, but no more Transatlantic.  It was great while it lasted.  The fares were so cheap.

Not trustworthy enough for me. Rather spend a little more with a Legacy carrier