Oasis Cruisers Now w/Refresh Pkg: What cup did you get, the cheap plastic (top pic) or the customary souvenir cop (2nd pict)

• Project-College changed the title to Oasis Cruisers Now w/Refresh Pkg: What cup did you get, the cheap plastic (top pic) or the customary souvenir cop (2nd pict)

In the minority here.  I don’t like the souvenir cups.  Big & bulky from the outside, holds very little drink (I get it, that’s the insulation).   I find it a pain to carry around and it doesn’t fit my hands well.   After my first try, don’t think I’ve ever used one on any other cruise.  Those get passed to the grands.  It needs a handle!!’

• Like 1

Those new cups look ugly. I don't particularly care though, we leave them on the ship when we're done with them, as they're not something we're gonna use at home.

I bring a water bottle carrier with a strap to carry the cup around with me. I used it more for water than I did for soda, and I put ice in it with whatever I'm drinking, so even though I like the original cups better, I'll be ok with these new uglier, non-insulated ones. 

We don’t base our purchase in the type of cup, we get the refreshment package because we like like smoothies, bottled water etc. We never use the cups that come with the refreshment package anyway. 

I would not base a decision on the cup.

• Like 1

I was onboard June 5- July 1.  I did not have a drink package, but did notice the cups. For the 1st couple of cruises it was the old style cup (top pic).  It changed for the last cruise 6/24.  As of that cruise, it has been the new ones (2nd pic).

2 hours ago, RisingTideRenee said:

Do I really need to lug the cup around? Or is it convenient enough to grab a soft drink from a bartender? 

In case no one has said it yet - Welcome to Cruise Critic @RisingTideRenee!

Yes, with even the basic "Soda Package" (and any package above that) you can get soft drinks anywhere they are served, but you will be limited to the flavors they have.  If you want the full selection of soda from the Freestyle machines, you have to use the cup - or at least you need the RFID chip stuck to the bottom of it to activate the machines.