Coco Beach Club

Just wanted to share my experience. I’m currently at Coco Beach Club and I must say I’m very disappointed for the price. It seems a little disorganized. My main complaint is the food. I got surf and turf. Everything was cold and the service took forever. I get they are

understaffed and I totally feel bad for these servers, it’s not their fault. I feel the amount of money I paid is just not worth it. I know I would have had an amazing time at a “free beach” while eating “free food.” I guess my expectations were just too high for the price. 
If you’ve been to Coco Beach Club, let me know what you thought! 

• Like 1

My sister rented one of those "over the water" Cabanas as birthday gift to me(there are 9 or 10 of them).   Not something I would have done myself.  We thought the food was good,  (though way too much of it), but indeed service took a long time. 

The worst thing...was the location and size of the bathroom in the club area.   Way up by the main pool, and only 3 stalls in the ladies room.  With...maybe a several hundred guests or more, all drinking many cocktails, etc....really?   Way too far away from the Cabana area.  

• Like 3

We were at the Coco Beach Club on Sunday and had a great time. We thought the service was wonderful, the food was delicious and warm when it came out, drinks were great, and it never felt crowded at all. We'd definitely do it again, sorry you didn't have the same experience. 

Sorry to hear you are having a poor experience.     

The last time I was there was in 2020 and we really enjoyed everything but it was less than $50 pp then.    I refuse to pay the current prices of $175 +/-  when there is so many nice places to relax/lounge/swim for free.    Their lunch is usually nice but not worth the money, IMO.   

@island ladyI remember you saying your Sister splurged on a cabana.   I wondered how you liked it.   Not something I would buy myself but sure is a nice present😃

• Like 3

We were at the Coco Beach Club back in April.   Loungers were  better and more spaced out than at one of the "free beaches".  We had good beverage service, not overbearing and not "one and done".

We enjoyed our meal. Service started prompt but did fade a bit as more people sat down.  So that'll depend on time of day you eat versus everyone else.

We've also been to the "over the water" cabanas as part of another person's party.  I agree with many of Island lady's comments.  The restrooms we used were in a trailer closer to the walkway down to the cabanas. but men's has 2 urinals and 1 stall.  I thought the one by the main pool was larger.  But can see hat 3 stalls aren't often enough for womenfolk.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@island ladyI remember you saying your Sister splurged on a cabana.   I wondered how you liked it.   Not something I would buy myself but sure is a nice present😃

Yup, quite the splurge, but not something I would have done indeed.  Food was great, was nice to have our own spot over the water, and blissfully plenty of shade area.  But I like to keep active, so ended up being a bit bored.  

Our usual when we visit Coco Cay is to simply do a full walk around the perimeter, sipping on a Coco Loco, then return to the uncrowded ship for a quiet lunch.   Miss the longer walk, but of course now that the nature trail to the other end is gone....that walk is quite a bit shorter.  Really used to enjoy sitting for awhile on the high point on the far end, overlooking the ship when it was tendered offshore.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, island lady said:

My sister rented one of those "over the water" Cabanas as birthday gift to me(there are 9 or 10 of them).   Not something I would have done myself.  We thought the food was good,  (though way too much of it), but indeed service took a long time. 

The worst thing...was the location and size of the bathroom in the club area.   Way up by the main pool, and only 3 stalls in the ladies room.  With...maybe a several hundred guests or more, all drinking many cocktails, etc....really?   Way too far away from the Cabana area.  

But you have a entire ocean to pee in…. 😂🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

But you have a entire ocean to pee in…. 😂🤷‍♂️

Pee yes...but something else, when you really have to go?  😮  

Though, it's quite obvious the poor beach is being used as a pee toilet.  The water is murky on that shallow side, so the extra pollution is sure not helping the matter.  

50 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sorry to hear that. Our server was amazing (same exact day as you know) and brought us food and drinks non-stop in a very quick manner. We thought he was one of the best staff members we came across. He even got us the chicken sandwiches, mozz sticks, and funnel cakes from the snack shack in addition to high end beach club food b/c we asked based on our previous visit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Sorry to hear that. Our server was amazing (same exact day as you know) and brought us food and drinks non-stop in a very quick manner. We thought he was one of the best staff members we came across. He even got us the chicken sandwiches, mozz sticks, and funnel cakes from the snack shack in addition to high end beach club food b/c we asked based on our previous visit.

I can't remember...were you on one of the over the water cabanas...or one of the ones on the shoreline.  The ones on the shoreline looked very nice, and a bit closer to the facilities.  

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

I can't remember...were you on one of the over the water cabanas...or one of the ones on the shoreline.  The ones on the shoreline looked very nice, and a bit closer to the facilities.  

Over the water... I was tempted to swim around shouting your name but, you know, that wouldn't be mysterious. 🤣

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, island lady said:

Pee yes...but something else, when you really have to go?  😮  

Though, it's quite obvious the poor beach is being used as a pee toilet.  The water is murky on that shallow side, so the extra pollution is sure not helping the matter.  

You honestly can’t think a few people peeing in the ocean is causing the water to be murky/pollution? 🙄

We were just there and the water was crystal clear and the beach club was great 

We were at the Coco Beach Club last month on a 8 day Mariner sailing.  Cost was 250 per person.  The lunch was spectacular, service and food was second to none.  I went all out and had three lobster tails and a filet, probably the best lunch I ever had. 

Service to our beach side loungers was spotty at best.  l have had better service at most beach resorts.  Despite there being two ships in port, it was nice and quiet during our visit, it felt very exclusive and inviting.

Cards on the table, my brother in law picked up the tab for our visit.  And this was my first visit to Coco Cay, so I can't really compare it to a typical stop there.  In the next few months I will be visiting Coco Cay twice so I will be able to judge it better as I will not be going to the Beach Club.

We have been to the CocoCay 4 times since restart. Twice in the Coco Beach Club, twice out on Chill Beach. We enjoyed the Coco Beach Club, and great service and food in the restaurant, and stayed out there as long as possible before returning to the ship.  

I don't get the appeal for the price.  We went once and I doubt we'd go again.  At $500 for the 2 of us  for a few upcoming cruises, NO THANKS!  

We had a nice lunch but the service was SO SLOW.  and (our fault) we didn't   realize we needed reservations, and had to eat too late in the day.    We were tempted to go to the Snack Shack to get a sandwich.

I do like that Coco Cuvee and so far, can't get it anywhere else on Coco Cay  but the beach club. 

I'm happy for those who enjoy it.  In my opinion, it is an expensive beach day. I'm  happy with the complimentary beach, complimentary food (I can eat when I want) , complimentary pool.

M

43 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I'm happy for those who enjoy it.  In my opinion, it is an expensive beach day. I'm  happy with the complimentary beach, complimentary food (I can eat when I want) , complimentary pool.

Totally understand. We did the free version (love the snack shack food), then had generous family get us an over the water cabana which was absolutely amazing, now going back to Cococay twice on a B2B in 8 days to do the free version again.

We loved both versions.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We have been to the CocoCay 4 times since restart. Twice in the Coco Beach Club, twice out on Chill Beach. We enjoyed the Coco Beach Club, and great service and food in the restaurant, and stayed out there as long as possible before returning to the ship.  

I enjoy it as well, but everybody has a price limit... and I'm not even talking about a limit as to what is affordable.  Being able to afford the current $340pp I've seen thrown around here on CC, doesn't mean people are willing to pay it.  It's just testing by RC to see how high they can raise something before purchases drop.  

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

I enjoy it as well, but everybody has a price limit... and I'm not even talking about a limit as to what is affordable.  Being able to afford the current $340pp I've seen thrown around here on CC, doesn't mean people are willing to pay it.  It's just testing by RC to see how high they can raise something before purchases drop.  

We watch for specials and discounts. But would certainly head back to free beach if prices are still up over $300 pp.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Newcruiser215 said:

I was recently there a couple weeks ago and the food was my biggest dining disappointment of the week. I also had the surf & turf and we did not enjoy it at all. My wife had to send her lobster back. 

Yeah if they're going to really start bilking people with inflated prices, they need to at least maintain quality service, if not improve it to meet the price point.  Less for more is not a sustainable business model if done at such a large disparity.

• Like 1

My wife and had a great day at the Beach Club in January. Food was amazing and service was great. We were on Harmony at only 2100 passengers and another ship was also in port, but the Club was maybe 50% capacity. We paid 88$ per person. No way I could justify paying 250$ or more per person to go there. It is very nice, but that is way too much IMO. Once you start charging that much, drinks should be included.

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We had a nice lunch but the service was SO SLOW.  and (our fault) we didn't   realize we needed reservations, and had to eat too late in the day.   

DW and I are slated to go to the beach club in a couple weeks and I was not aware that we needed reservations.  I assume this is something you do upon arrival, or is there a way to do this in advance?

8 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

DW and I are slated to go to the beach club in a couple weeks and I was not aware that we needed reservations.  I assume this is something you do upon arrival, or is there a way to do this in advance?

If you're staying in a suite, your concierge can make advance reservations for you. If not, do it upon arrival. 

• Thanks 1