Specialty Dining Promo Credit...

NavyCruiser

Our cruise package includes One Complimentary Specialty Dining Credit for each of us.

It's been over 25 years since our last HAL cruise, so looking for suggs, so we can reserve soon.

What's the best experience/value between:

Canaletto,  $22.40 

Thanks,

Most "complementary" dining packages are for Pinnacle Grill with/without Canaletto. You may need to read the fine print for the package. I am with DaveOKC - I don't believe Rudi's or Taste of Librije (If it still even exists) are part of the package. If you do have a choice, my personal rankings on the Rotterdam would be:

Rudi's Sel de Mer

Tamarind

Pinnacle

Canaletto (may supersede Pinnacle depending on if you are a steak person or not)

• Like 1

Agree...we need to know the actual offerings in the program. What those offerings are depend on when you booked the package. Some plans have just Pinnacle and Canaletto, like us, some add Tamarind to that. I don't know any that have offered Rudi's.

That being said, food is tremendously subjective. What we like is likely to be very different from what you like. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Agree...we need to know the actual offerings in the program. What those offerings are depend on when you booked the package. Some plans have just Pinnacle and Canaletto, like us, some add Tamarind to that. I don't know any that have offered Rudi's.

That being said, food is tremendously subjective. What we like is likely to be very different from what you like. 

It never fails that I love something in a restaurant and someone else says they hated it.  You like liver?  Yuck. Different strokes for different folks, so to speak.

• Like 1

I want to dine at Pinnacle, Tamarind and Rudi’s (the later is not included in the promo), so I booked Pinnacle with my all in pkg (as it was more expensive) and will use my OBC to book Tamarind and Rudi’s once I board. 

Choices, choices, choices 😜

1 hour ago, chefchick said:

I want to dine at Pinnacle, Tamarind and Rudi’s (the later is not included in the promo), so I booked Pinnacle with my all in pkg (as it was more expensive) and will use my OBC to book Tamarind and Rudi’s once I board. 

Choices, choices, choices 😜

Can you book your additional ones using OBC prior to boarding? I was concerned that times/dates might not be available if I waited. 

3 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

Can you book your additional ones using OBC prior to boarding? I was concerned that times/dates might not be available if I waited. 

No - anything booked in advance has to be paid at time of booking (credit card, gift card).

Sue/WDW1972

2 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

No - anything booked in advance has to be paid at time of booking (credit card, gift card).

Sue/WDW1972

Oh wow...thank you! I didn't realize that! Where should I head to make a booking when I board then? 

My wife and I, but not our sons staying in the same cabin, also somehow ended up with "Promotional Credits" for dining.  We aren't sure how, since we are not getting HIA or anything else with know about through HAL...perhaps it was our travel agent that is giving it to us.  In any case, I went in to try to make a reservation for our cruise next month.  As was noted above there are four options, but mine are a bit different:  Canaletto ($22), Pinnacle Gala Experience ($142), Pinnacle Grill ($42), or Rudi's ($57).  I can reserve any of these online if I want to pay for them.

There is also a box to check for "See Availability Complimentary Dining".  Presumably this is to use our Promotional Credits that I mentioned above.  But when I check this box, only Canaletto shows up and the other three choices disappear.  Does that mean Canaletto is the only one that still has availability or does it mean that is the only one allowed to use with our Promotional Credit?

I just read NavyCruisers post above.  It looks like a similar thing happened to them when they clicked the button.  Still it is not clear whether the choices that get removed is due to an availability issue since they are full, or whether those restaurants are not included in the Promotional Credit.

We were never impressed with Canaletto in the past and we would probably just skip it if that is the only place that is included.  On the other hand, if it is an availability issue and we could use the credit elsewhere, I'm sure there will be no problem to make a reservation for the Pinnacle Grill once we are on the ship, since we are staying in a suite.

Edited by Torquer

1 hour ago, LuAnn said:

Oh wow...thank you! I didn't realize that! Where should I head to make a booking when I board then? 

There is a permanent kiosk across from the Pinnacle Grill where you can make all of your dining reservations but be prepared to wait in line.

OR

There will be a temporary podium next to the indoor pool on Deck 9 across from the entrance to the hydro pool.  You will see a beverage display with a crew member selling beverage packages and a few feet away will be a podium to make dining reservations.  Since they seldom have a sign, you have to ask.  I have never seen a line for this reservation podium.

If you are planning on two Specialty Dining nights and the "complementary" option is not available on the HAL website, book and pay for just one person each of the two nights. When the paid guest arrives for dinner each night, inform the Restaurant Manager that a "complementary" diner is joining you.  

If you are able to use the "complementary" option on the HAL website, book a "complementary" dinner for one person each of the two nights you wish.  When the "complementary" diner arrives, tell the Restaurant Manage to charge the dinner of the joining party to their room.  All tables are at least for two so having someone just "join" you is not an issue.  The above will save you having to wait to book your second dinner after boarding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2