Toiletries?

CruiserByHeart

We just received our e-docs yesterday and are super excited about our upcoming cruise.  First Aqua cruise in 9 years too 😃

We're back on the Reflection and got the room and location we wanted 👍

But, we are out of sync with what toiletries will be available in the stateroom?

Is the shampoo glued to the wall or in those old school miniature bottles?

What else might we find in the bathroom?

Thanks for all your input and insights 😉

11 minutes ago, CruiserByHeart said:

We just received our e-docs yesterday and are super excited about our upcoming cruise.  First Aqua cruise in 9 years too 😃

We're back on the Reflection and got the room and location we wanted 👍

But, we are out of sync with what toiletries will be available in the stateroom?

Is the shampoo glued to the wall or in those old school miniature bottles?

What else might we find in the bathroom?

Thanks for all your input and insights 😉

I believe it is now all wall bottles.     At least on Millennium, Silhouette and Equinox.    

We have had cruises on Celebrity and Princess. I have found that both offer shampoo and conditioner that caused my hair to tangle and makedit difficult to comb out. I took my own small bottles of toiletries on subsequent cruises. Problem solved for my thick hair. Depending on your hair type ,YMMV.

• Like 1

You should find C. O. Bigelow products in your bath. They are in larger bottles in the shower to reduce the plastic waste. There's a body wash, shampoo, and conditioner as well as a small hard hand soap. At the vanity you should find hand soap, lotion, and lip balm. They are very good quality, mildly scented with lavender and peppermint. 

12 hours ago, lola2013 said:

We sailed on Reflection in January.  No more individual bottles of shampoo/conditioner in the shower…only larger bottles mounted on the wall.

Maybe it depends on the cabin category. I sailed on Silhouette twice last year and loved the large bottles of toiletry products mounted in the shower. So when setting off for my Reflection cruise from Rome in May this year I lightened my load by leaving my toiletries at home. Big mistake.

I was in a Concierge cabin, and only tiny little black bottles were there. The writing was so difficult to read, especially when in the shower it was hopeless. We also had to ask the cabin steward to be sure he always left a good supply for us.

Luckily I will be back on Silhouette in October.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, misterkevin said:

You should find C. O. Bigelow products in your bath. They are in larger bottles in the shower to reduce the plastic waste. There's a body wash, shampoo, and conditioner as well as a small hard hand soap. At the vanity you should find hand soap, lotion, and lip balm. They are very good quality, mildly scented with lavender and peppermint. 

In concierge class on Silhouette and Beyond this spring, both had Bigelow products,  big refillable  bottles.  Normally i take my own, but they stayed in the wash bag. I was more than happy with the provided products 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

In concierge class on Silhouette and Beyond this spring, both had Bigelow products,  big refillable  bottles.  Normally i take my own, but they stayed in the wash bag. I was more than happy with the provided products 

Toiletries are a personal choice.  As discussed for years some love em and others don't. Suites have upgraded products.

I thought all gals needed special shampoo.  My experience with the Wife is that it needs to come from a salon.  Guys don’t seem to care as much.  Shower gel is fine for me. YMMV. 

Sailing Aqua in September.  I hope they have good shower gel. 🙂

Govern yourself accordingly. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, laslomas said:

Maybe it depends on the cabin category. I sailed on Silhouette twice last year and loved the large bottles of toiletry products mounted in the shower. So when setting off for my Reflection cruise from Rome in May this year I lightened my load by leaving my toiletries at home. Big mistake.

I was in a Concierge cabin, and only tiny little black bottles were there. The writing was so difficult to read, especially when in the shower it was hopeless. We also had to ask the cabin steward to be sure he always left a good supply for us.

Luckily I will be back on Silhouette in October.  

Your experience is quite odd. I was on the Reflection in March and although I wasn't in Concierge Class but Retreat Class we had the big bottles of Bigelow toiletries. So it's strange that the ship would use larger bottles of toiletries in one class but still use individual personal size bottles in other classes? I also don't remember Celebrity toiletries being in little individual black bottles. It was white tubes with Blue lettering which was part of the Solstice Class aesthetics. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Your experience is quite odd. I was on the Reflection in March and although I wasn't in Concierge Class but Retreat Class we had the big bottles of Bigelow toiletries. So it's strange that the ship would use larger bottles of toiletries in one class but still use individual personal size bottles in other classes? I also don't remember Celebrity toiletries being in little individual black bottles. It was white tubes with Blue lettering which was part of the Solstice Class aesthetics. 

Yes, the small white bottles were not too bad, you could get stuff out of them and read the writing on the outside. I loved the Bigelow ones on Silhouette in the shower, which is why I took no toiletries with me that I would be doubling up on.

So you had the big bottles, but not attached to the shower wall? That sounds about right. The Steward said once the ship is 'revolutionised' the big ones will be in the shower. He also said they tried leaving the big bottles, but then it was a space issue for some. Maybe that was at the time you were on Reflection.

The small black ones on Reflection (3rd May, Rome) did not squeeze at all, you just had to keep shaking until something came out, if you were lucky. We were originally left 3 of each variety that did not last long.  

Goodness knows what will be provided when the OP travels - pot luck, I guess. 🤔

Attached is a picture of the four little square black bottles, I haven.t imagined it.

Sorry, can't work out how to get the picture right way up.

480359721_fourlittlebottles.thumb.jpg.4549053d499bd3e1dd547cb79c230a72.jpg

I don't have confirmation on this, when I got those small bottles on Constellation in Feb and asked for the nice Bigelow stuff I had on Equinox the previous November, the steward said that the big bottles are on ships that have been Revolutionized.  I accepted than, since  Constellation is an oldie but goodie. 

I was specifically interested in the nice lavender bar soap, as I too bring my own shampoo and shower gel.  Somewhere (suites, maybe?) he procured some big pump bottles of Bigelow products, but alas, the lavender soap never re-appeared. 

So, OP, you get another "it depends" answer. 🙂

7 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

So, OP, you get another "it depends" answer. 🙂

Thank you everyone for sharing your soapy and shampooey insights. I knew there wouldn't be a clean answer (get it? 😉)

Actually, we would prefer the pumps in the shower and also a pump bottle of liquid hand soap by the sink as we're not big fans of the hard soap bars that stick to the countertop 🤔🚿🛁

Now a somewhat related question... any chance of TP that is more than 1 ply? 🧻

We're aware of the plumbing issues 🪠 but still!!?

5 minutes ago, CruiserByHeart said:

Thank you everyone for sharing your soapy and shampooey insights. I knew there wouldn't be a clean answer (get it? 😉)

Actually, we would prefer the pumps in the shower and also a pump bottle of liquid hand soap by the sink as we're not big fans of the hard soap bars that stick to the countertop 🤔🚿🛁

Now a somewhat related question... any chance of TP that is more than 1 ply? 🧻

We're aware of the plumbing issues 🪠 but still!!?

I don't expect so. And I really do not want to be the one causing the blockage that affects the whole deck. 🤫

But there is nothing to say how many single tissue layers you can use together. Presumably each layer is made to disintegrate, so surely that is what it will do..

Edited by laslomas

1 hour ago, laslomas said:

Yes, the small white bottles were not too bad, you could get stuff out of them and read the writing on the outside. I loved the Bigelow ones on Silhouette in the shower, which is why I took no toiletries with me that I would be doubling up on.

So you had the big bottles, but not attached to the shower wall? That sounds about right. The Steward said once the ship is 'revolutionised' the big ones will be in the shower. He also said they tried leaving the big bottles, but then it was a space issue for some. Maybe that was at the time you were on Reflection.

The small black ones on Reflection (3rd May, Rome) did not squeeze at all, you just had to keep shaking until something came out, if you were lucky. We were originally left 3 of each variety that did not last long.  

Goodness knows what will be provided when the OP travels - pot luck, I guess. 🤔

Attached is a picture of the four little square black bottles, I haven.t imagined it.

Sorry, can't work out how to get the picture right way up.

480359721_fourlittlebottles.thumb.jpg.4549053d499bd3e1dd547cb79c230a72.jpg

Wow, I've sailed 22 cruises on Celebrity and don't ever remember toiletries looking like that.

• Haha 1

On 7/8/2022 at 4:40 PM, kwokpot said:

On Réflection end June in Sky suite and had all Bulgari toiletries, hand soap only was Bigelow. Butler told me they’ll be changed to Bigelow once the ship is revolutionised. 

21 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Wow, I've sailed 22 cruises on Celebrity and don't ever remember toiletries looking like that.

I have also sailed many times on Celebrity, and this was the only time I saw these little black square bottles. I think the answer is in what the Cabin Steward told me. Once the ship is Revolutionised the large pump action bottles will be in the shower. They tried leaving them in the bathrooms, but in some cases there was not room. Hence the baby bottles. 

To help the original poster, I would say expect anything. I think they are trying to get a solution and testing things out. So be prepared. Possibly in the suite bathrooms there is enough room on the counter top and the large bottles will be there.

• 10 months later...
4 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Has anyone sailed recently in a suite on Reflection and can advise if they still have bars of soap at the bathroom sink/shower?  Also are there liquid pump soap bottles at the sink?  Thanks for any info!

All cabins on all ships in the Celebrity fleet have bar soap and you can as many bars as you want. Celebrity doesn't use liquid hand soap in the cabin bathrooms. That's what the bar soap is for. You can get more for the shower and when you run out. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 1

We are on the Silhouette in a couple of weeks. Can I just check we should have shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion? Would like to cut down on what I take with me. 

7 minutes ago, debsjc said:

We are on the Silhouette in a couple of weeks. Can I just check we should have shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion? Would like to cut down on what I take with me. 

Correct, those specific toiletries are provided in ALL cabin classes on all Celebrity ships. The brand of toiletries will differ according to cabin class.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...