Celebrity Suite under mast grill

sdnich

We just did a move a bid and just curious if we got the Celebrity suite under the pool   grill will we be bothered by noise above. Our very first sky suite was underneath the Oceanview Cafe on the reflection and I’ve never booked a room underneath public space since . I know it doesn’t bother most people but I’m very light sleeper.

Edited by sdnich

I assumed you are on a M class ship since the others don’t have CSs  near the Mast Grill.

We have not stayed in a deck 9.CS.but had friends who did and they didn’t mention noise.  The hours for that are generally 11am -6pm so if there is noise it would t be early morning or late night.

Jelayne sorry I guess would help if I told you to ship it is the Summit. I’m not on here very much and I haven’t gone on a cruise in a couple years. Thank you for your input.

I've stayed on the M-Class CS under Pool Grill - not bad but you will get noise from above.   Both rolling of carts - ice carts and moving furniture around.   Often late and early you hear scraping as they move the furniture to clean the floors.

Cruisedeckplans  has a neat tool to see what is above and below all cabins

image.thumb.png.0115abc4dc352b860e171989bd8d62b2.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

We had done a Sky Suite on Deck 12 on Equinox on one cruise that was under the Oceanview Cafe.  Every morning starting at 6am, the chairs would be dragged to it's appropriate home/table.  Needless to say there was "nothing" that could be done.  Never again.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2022 at 1:59 PM, sdnich said:

We just did a move a bid and just curious if we got the Celebrity suite under the pool   grill will we be bothered by noise above. Our very first sky suite was underneath the Oceanview Cafe on the reflection and I’ve never booked a room underneath public space since . I know it doesn’t bother most people but I’m very light sleeper.

We always get the move up offers, but never put in for them. We like to know exactly where our stateroom is located. Sure the stateroom upgrade would be nice but for us not worth the unknown (your concerns). Received another offer last week for our September Summit cruise but deleted the email. Staying put. 

Yeah I think we will remove the CS move up offer I don’t want to  take a chance and being unhappy about sound from above if we were to get that deck. We will keep our bid in for the RS which we probably won’t get because we did the minimum bid. But who knows!! But we are happy with  6131 with it’s larger deck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkusToe said:

That's a thing I do not understand.

The most expensive suites are under the most loudest locations.

I've booked once such a ( very expensive) suite on Summit....sorry to say, never again...

On the M-Class Ships there are only 2 CS's on Deck 9.     The majority of the suites and all of the Upper Suites are on deck 6.

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

On the M-Class Ships there are only 2 CS's on Deck 9.     The majority of the suites and all of the Upper Suites are on deck 6.

I know right after we put the bid in on Sunday morning I was looking at the deck plans and that was my first thought watch we get the ones underneath the pool grill ! And I’m sure some people are not bothered at all by sound above . We just removed it a little while ago ! Maybe we’ll just get lucky and get the RS we put the same bid of $500 pp for both the CS and RS ! so doubting it!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

I've booked once such a ( very expensive) suite on Summit....sorry to say, never again...

Edited by Zigster

41 minutes ago, Zigster said:

We have stayed in the PH and Royal Suites onboard Summit.  Both categories have cabins above them and the Cosmopolitan Restaurant below.  Where is the noise coming from?

The OP was bidding on a SS and and most are on 9.  The CS referred to is on 9 also, not on Penthouse Deck where Penthouse and RS's are.

Edited by Jim_Iain

28 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The OP was bidding on a SS and and most are on 9.  The CS referred to is on 9 also, not on Penthouse Deck where Penthouse and RS's are.

No we are actually in a SS but we put a bid on a CS and an RS ! now just a bid on the RS :) 

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was responding to MarkusToe's comment but somehow his quote wasn't included in my comment.

15 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

I'm with the others in that I don't know what you are talking about, unless it's those 2 CS on 9.  The most expensive suites are on 6, and deck 6 on Summit and Millenium may be the quietest places I've ever found on a cruise ship.

• Like 1

Yes, we are talking about the two Celebrity Suites on 9.  We would love bid on a Celebrity Suite but wont risk being assigned the ones on deck 9.

Other people brought up the "upper suites".

(And I would stick with 6131, OP.  We've been there and the balcony is great!)

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

(And I would stick with 6131, OP.  We've been there and the balcony is great!)

Those rooms do look great! I am booked on the SS just forward of the starboard equivalent (6130/6132) on Millennium next spring. How easy is it to see into the forward cabin from that angled balcony? It’s not that big a deal but I want to be prepared.

The other SS available was on deck 9, and like OP, I was concerned about the noise from the deck above. It sounds like I (and OP) made the right choice. I’d rather get a better night’s sleep and just have to keep the curtains closed while changing!

Just get a white noise machine, or a phone app that doesn’t require streaming (we use White Noise Lite for Android; it's free). Start using it a couple weeks before you go to get used to it. Eliminates hearing creaking, door slamming, pax talking in the hall, etc. And you may be able to enjoy that suite.

Edited by mayleeman

55 minutes ago, HxFx said:

The other SS available was on deck 9, and like OP, I was concerned about the noise from the deck above. It sounds like I (and OP) made the right choice. I’d rather get a better night’s sleep and just have to keep the curtains closed while changing!

Honestly, I recommend deck 6 over deck 9 to just about anyone going on Summit or Millenium.  While potential noise certainly is a factor, it's more about location.  Deck 6 is extremely convenient for the evening and night activites (except for anything going on in the Sky Lounge, of course).  Over the years, I've found that I prefer having the room convient at night more than during the day (when we might be out and about on the higher decks).

But, hey.  If someone wants to be in a SS and also wants to be as close as possible to the pool or Sky Lounge, then go nuts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

Just get a white noise machine, or a phone app that doesn’t require streaming (we use White Noise Lite for Android; it's free). Start using it a couple weeks before you go to get used to it. Eliminates hearing creaking, door slamming, pax talking in the hall, etc. And you may be able to enjoy that suite.

Spoken by someone who doesn’t have a sleeping problem. Trust me, I get it. I tell my husband all the time, just close your eyes and go to sleep. It’s not that easy. A white noise machine will not cover up the noise from the deck above starting at 6am for light sleepers. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, sdnich said:

No we are actually in a SS but we put a bid on a CS and an RS ! now just a bid on the RS 🙂

Thanks for clarifying.   I had that CS recently assigned but suddenly one on 6 opened up and I put it on hold and had my agent do the room swap.