Adult Only

I am in the mood to take a voyage and it must be adults only. A few thoughts I have to sort out is which cruise is a good fit for a solo sailor, over 35? Also where are the best adult only voyage retreats?

I have never done an Adults Only cruise.  But, I would love to.  Only problem, I'm loyal to Royal.  I've asked why they don't do an adults only cruise like maybe once a quarter.  I've also asked, when I used to cruise on another cruise line and both just give me the same old tired answer, "We are a family friendly cruise line".  Okay, I get that.  But, adding an itinerary, every once and a while, that is "Adults Only" wouldn't change that.  After all, there are families that don't have underage people and have no desire to share their vacation with underage people.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2022 at 6:18 PM, Ret MP said:

I have never done an Adults Only cruise.  But, I would love to.  Only problem, I'm loyal to Royal.  I've asked why they don't do an adults only cruise like maybe once a quarter.  I've also asked, when I used to cruise on another cruise line and both just give me the same old tired answer, "We are a family friendly cruise line".  Okay, I get that.  But, adding an itinerary, every once and a while, that is "Adults Only" wouldn't change that.  After all, there are families that don't have underage people and have no desire to share their vacation with underage people.  

I agree! I'm loyal Royal also. I am a particular age & travel alone, so an adult only cruise would be fantastic! We can only hope... 

• Like 1

Have never been to one, but often choose itineraries and ships that do not appeal to families. 
Have been to Canary Islands with Azamara - only one baby on the ship.

Went with Regent with some teens, but neither Regent nor Azamara have “kids’ stuff”

I have thought about trying Virgin, but the itenararies are short and seems to be repeated trips…When I have made searched.

lets hope for more options for adults only in the future

After over 10 years of cruising, I think my wife and I have settled on Viking for 'adults only' cruises.  Their adverts sum up the line's approach nicely, and we've found their approach cuts out the noise, focuses on features relevant to adults and covers a bunch of the expen$es that can double the co$t of cruising on other lines.  At least one shore excursion included in every port, beer and house wine are included with meals, no formal nights (so there's less packing to do), and a crew that could not be more attentive (not in your face with a drink tray wanting to take your order).  Amenities are geared towards adults, and so are the lectures, shore excursions and cabin arrangements.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2022 at 3:18 PM, Ret MP said:

I have never done an Adults Only cruise.  But, I would love to.  Only problem, I'm loyal to Royal. 

Royal is a good cruise line, but why are you loyal? If it's perks becauce of status, I'd suggest you step back and look at the bigger picture. If price were not an object, what experience is most important to you? Try to expand your vision before settling. Remember that your Royal status never goes away. Life is short. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I am very unlikely to consider an adults only cruise.  Particularly, a Christmas cruise.  Christmas without children?  That doesn't seem quite right to me.  

Christmas without children sounds perfect to us! 

• Like 14
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, twodjs said:

Christmas without children sounds perfect to us! 

I am a solo cruiser.  I have no children.  My "children" are three Grand-Nephews and Nieces who live in Maryland and Alaska.  How often am I able to celebrate this joyous season with them?  I have good memories of Christmas cruises with children enjoying the season.  To my pleasant surprise, even the Prinsendam had several children.  Their presence helped make that cruise even more special to me.  

I respect your desire to avoid these young members of our species.  Please, remember, however, it will be these young members who will become contributing members of our society and whose financial contributions, by the way of taxes--and maybe philanthropic support of a variety organizations--may indirectly assist you as you become more senior and, perhaps, less healthy.  

We also respect your difference of opinion. Who they grow up to be is beside the point. My wife is uncomfortable around children and is much happier cruising without them. We literally have no family. We have saved and invested wisely, so that we don't have to depend on anyone else. Our investments also allow us to give back significantly to a variety of causes. We encourage others to do the same. 

• Like 14

So I am not sure why CC started this forum  but  back to the  gist of the topic

Are there any cruise lines that are  "Adult only"?

Maybe not all inclusive  but  what ones do not allow children under the age of 18??

I only can think of  a few

Virgin

Viking

Saga

P & O  may still have the adults only ships  not sure

Any others that specify  NO Children?

• Like 1

I was confused about the topic too, because I only knew of two adults only lines, Virgin and Viking. Each with a VERY different focus. Saga is new to me. Don't know where it fits compared to the others. Thoughts...? 

2 hours ago, twodjs said:

I was confused about the topic too, because I only knew of two adults only lines, Virgin and Viking. Each with a VERY different focus. Saga is new to me. Don't know where it fits compared to the others. Thoughts...? 

UK based  company for those over 50

https://travel.saga.co.uk/cruises.aspx

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe not all inclusive  but  what ones do not allow children under the age of 18??

Virgin

Viking

Saga

Fred Olsen cruise lines have adult only ships.  I think there are others which have ships and sailings that are adult only

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Noble Caledonia [www.noble-caledonia.co.uk] sails small (~114 passengers) ships on all-inclusive basis.  I don't know that they ban children, but there are no programs for children and the entertainment is lecturers and after-dinner conversation.  I have never seen a child onboard in our four NC cruises.  [There isn't much about them on Cruise Critic, but you can search the 'Other Cruise Lines' forum.]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've never been on a cruise nor has my fiance... but i want to surprise her with our honeymoon being on a cruise,  but heres the twist.. I'm wanting to book an Adult only Cruise that caters to like swingers and sexual fantasies... but i have found little on those kind of Cruises... anyone happen to have a cruise or two in mind that my fiance and i will really enjoy to experience and dive into exploring our fantasies...???

4 hours ago, MindysKing said:

I've never been on a cruise nor has my fiance... but i want to surprise her with our honeymoon being on a cruise,  but heres the twist.. I'm wanting to book an Adult only Cruise that caters to like swingers and sexual fantasies... but i have found little on those kind of Cruises... anyone happen to have a cruise or two in mind that my fiance and i will really enjoy to experience and dive into exploring our fantasies...???

Looked for themed cruises  or charters

input  swingers cruises in to google   & see what you get 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 6:27 PM, twodjs said:

Royal is a good cruise line, but why are you loyal? If it's perks becauce of status, I'd suggest you step back and look at the bigger picture. If price were not an object, what experience is most important to you? Try to expand your vision before settling. Remember that your Royal status never goes away. Life is short. 

Can't believe I just noticed this post.  You asked, so here is my answer:

Several reasons but I'll divulge a couple/few of them:

1.  I really enjoy the ambiance, the décor, the somewhat upscale cliental (not too stuffy and not to rowdy), dining options, entertainment options.  I also really enjoy RCCL's Star Class.  I was loyal to Carnival for a lot of years, I'll never cruise them again.  

2.  I don't like to dilute my reward points.  I try to use one credit card and earn the points with that card/C.C. Company, not spread them around, same with cruise companies.  If a take a cruise on a none RCCL cruise line, it's a cruise I'm not earning points on RCCL.  

3.  Price, a little more expensive than Carnival but not as expensive as many others.  

12 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Can't believe I just noticed this post.  You asked, so here is my answer:

Several reasons but I'll divulge a couple/few of them:

1.  I really enjoy the ambiance, the décor, the somewhat upscale cliental (not too stuffy and not to rowdy), dining options, entertainment options.  I also really enjoy RCCL's Star Class.  I was loyal to Carnival for a lot of years, I'll never cruise them again.  

2.  I don't like to dilute my reward points.  I try to use one credit card and earn the points with that card/C.C. Company, not spread them around, same with cruise companies.  If a take a cruise on a none RCCL cruise line, it's a cruise I'm not earning points on RCCL.  

3.  Price, a little more expensive than Carnival but not as expensive as many others.  

Have you considered Celebrity?  Your C & A status transfers

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 3:22 AM, LHT28 said:

Virgin

Viking

Saga

P&O do have an adults only ship, I was considering a few weeks ago. Aurora I believe.

• Thanks 1