Covid test before cruise

Hi all

our cruise is on a Monday I was thinking to go to our doctors office on Friday for a Covid test. Can we do the test on Friday?on the web site it say 2 days. I’m not sure were to get it done on a Saturday. Not sure if results be back by Monday morning. Also if we go to CVS do we need to pay?? Please help. I miss the old day when everything was simple. 
thanks

1 hour ago, flamingos said:

If your cruise is on Monday, you test has to be on Saturday or Sunday.  Friday will not be accepted.

Not sure we’re can I get tested on Saturday or Sunday and have results on time????

9 minutes ago, esper10 said:

Not sure we’re can I get tested on Saturday or Sunday and have results on time????

A lot of people do the proctored home tests from emed. That could be a good option if you're concerned about finding a testing site.

I agree eMed proctored test...easy to do at home. Urgent care near your home is another option.

CVS not sure but last time we tested there it was free but that may have changed...call your local store. For a Monday cruise .... no earlier than a Saturday test.

Simply google "Covid Test Near Me".  That should show you what's available near you in person.  You want a Rapid NAAT test.   

Or you can do an online proctored test.  Emed, OnPoint, and Rapidtestandtrace are all ones people have posted about using.  We're going to use RT&T and the tests the government sent us. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jmw1975 said:

A lot of people do the proctored home tests from emed. That could be a good option if you're concerned about finding a testing site.

Or just use a free government test if you have them with a 3rd party online proctoring site like RapidTestAndTrace or On-Point.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Or just use a free government test if you have them with a 3rd party online proctoring site like RapidTestAndTrace or On-Point.

How do you go about doing this as I just ordered the free tests in hopes I could use them?

1 minute ago, hazeleyes46 said:

How do you go about doing this as I just ordered the free tests in hopes I could use them?

Google RapidTraceandTesting; selected Observed Testing for Travel option.  Looking into it right now also 

1 minute ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Here is one of those companies. You use your test, you set up an account with them and pay them, and they proctor your test.  

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/?gclid=CjwKCAjwt7SWBhAnEiwAx8ZLaje_zFr5x7QRThUUcwktpWVkX1FtCcQG1jllZ-0WFvI9uHNMa8Hg0RoCPyEQAvD_BwE

7 hours ago, flamingos said:

Here is one of those companies. You use your test, you set up an account with them and pay them, and they proctor your test.  

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/?gclid=CjwKCAjwt7SWBhAnEiwAx8ZLaje_zFr5x7QRThUUcwktpWVkX1FtCcQG1jllZ-0WFvI9uHNMa8Hg0RoCPyEQAvD_BwE

Do you order 2 separate test proctors for husband and wife. Also, how soon before you want to test do you order?  

thanks!

1 minute ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Do you order 2 separate test proctors for husband and wife. Also, how soon before you want to test do you order?  

thanks!

If it is like emed, you both need to establish accounts.  I have not used this so I cannot answer that question.

2 minutes ago, flamingos said:

If it is like emed, you both need to establish accounts.  I have not used this so I cannot answer that question.

Can you explain how emed works?  And which tests are acceptable. We have QuickVue, Flowflex, and Clinitest 

8 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Can you explain how emed works?  And which tests are acceptable. We have QuickVue, Flowflex, and Clinitest 

eMed works like this: you make an account (because you have already paid for the test you do not need a credit card, this other company will want that).

When you are ready to test, you make a space where your device (laptop, phone, tablet) can have a clear view of the tabletop.  Place your test there and have your photo ID ready.  Then you log on and click 'ready to test'.  In a few moments, a live person comes on and verifies your ID and the test bar code, then walks you through the test.  You then get put on pause for 15 minutes; when your timer is up you click the link and a new person comes up who reads the test.  You then get an email and a text link to the results, which you can print to take with you.  I recommend that just because it's easier.  Make sure the printed page has your name, birthdate, today's date, and NEGATIVE all on it.

I would think that the private company will be similar.

19 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

thanks!

You schedule two separate tests, yes, but they told me to just tell the proctor of whomever has the 1st appointment that you and your husband/wife have B2B appointments and they will do both at once.

Haven't used them but my appointment is at 8am et tomorrow morning.

EDIT: EMed is only for the tests they sell. That's the point of using a 3rd party site like RT&T, you can use any FDA approved test you got for free from the government, pharmacy, wherever.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 7:41 PM, flamingos said:

If your cruise is on Monday, you test has to be on Saturday or Sunday.  Friday will not be accepted.

We are seniors and not sure how to do all these self test done. I think if it wasn’t for these test we would have cruise more. I will have to search who can do the test, we can always go to the urgent care but our insurance try to discourage that.

19 minutes ago, esper10 said:

We are seniors and not sure how to do all these self test done. I think if it wasn’t for these test we would have cruise more. I will have to search who can do the test, we can always go to the urgent care but our insurance try to discourage that.

Check with your county and see if they have locations for testing on Saturday or Sunday. Also Walgreens and CVS usually have Saturday testing.